FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moredotsnow

Afflock DPS help!

So, I'm rocking a 943 gear score but I struggle to maintain over 1m DPS. I am being out-performed by players with lesser gear. So a little about my stats, and an armory link. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/fizzcrank/moredotsnow 

I am currently rocking the following stats:

Crit - 22%

Haste - 30%

Mastery - 114%

Yes, those are my legendaries ...1 BiS and one that isn't WiS, but it's the best I have now. The only other legendaries I have currently are Celumbra and the Insignia of the Grand Army.

My rotation is as follows:

Apply Agony

Apply Corruption

Apply 2+ stacks of Unstable Affliction if above 3 shards

Reap Souls

Soul Harvest on c/d

Drain soul

Refresh Agony within the Pandemic window (using affdots to track)

Life Tap when moving or when necessary

I seem to average between 850k - 1.1m DPS but consistently see other locks pushing out 1.5 or more.

I think this is how you do parses, if not, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong! https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GjZPN9B4A3hKtv6x#fight=10&type=damage-done&source=4

~Moredots

Edited by Moredotsnow

What would help: 4 set, trinkets (norgannons + acrid catalyst injector, skipping arcanocrystal as that is not so easy to get), better relics.

DPS also depends on type of fight (single target, 2-boss type / felhounds, boss + adds, etc.) - you have to switch build / talents to make best use of the lock toolset.

I would recommend to have a look at top locks for each boss in Antorus on warcraftlogs and check the builds they are using. I switch the talents (and legendaries) more or less on every boss ;) 

Edited by Sintharis

Your current spec is a mix of single target and multi-dot and you are likely getting the worst of both worlds.  Until you have the 4 pc, drop Siphon Life for Soul Conduit.  Classic single target (sans 4 pc) is Malefic Grasp, Contagion, Soul Harvest, Soul Conduit.

Multi dot spec swaps WiA for MG, AC for Contagion, and possibly Phantom Singularity for Soul Harvest depending on if the mobs are stacked.

Once you get the 4 pc, at which point UA/SoC buffs your other active dots, you take Siphon Life and the cycle is Agony, Corr, SL, UA, drain until the buff drops.  If you are close to capping on shards use more than one UA.  If you have Soul Harvest or trinket procs dump your shards on UAs unless there is an imminent burst dps requirement.

Edit: the 4 pc spec isnt too shabby for multidot as well.  You can use SoC to spread Corruption and omit it on the single targeting but it's a full cycle w/o draining on each mob.

Edited by faragorn

6 minutes ago, faragorn said:

Your current spec is a mix of single target and multi-dot and you are likely getting the worst of both worlds.  Until you have the 4 pc, drop Siphon Life for Soul Conduit.  Classic single target (sans 4 pc) is Malefic Grasp, Contagion, Soul Harvest, Soul Conduit.

Multi dot spec swaps WiA for MG, AC for Contagion, and possibly Phantom Singularity for Soul Harvest depending on if the mobs are stacked.

Once you get the 4 pc, at which point UA/SoC buffs your other active dots, you take Siphon Life and the cycle is Agony, Corr, SL, UA, drain until the buff drops.  If you are close to capping on shards use more than one UA.  If you have Soul Harvest or trinket procs dump your shards on UAs unless there is an imminent burst dps requirement.

Edit: the 4 pc spec isnt too shabby for multidot as well.  You can use SoC to spread Corruption and omit it on the single targeting but it's a full cycle w/o draining on each mob.

So I should just stick with MG, Contagion, SH, SC until I grab 4 piece. Good lord, do you realize how long I've waited for that concise of an answer?

4 hours ago, Sintharis said:

What would help: 4 set, trinkets (norgannons + acrid catalyst injector, skipping arcanocrystal as that is not so easy to get), better relics.

DPS also depends on type of fight (single target, 2-boss type / felhounds, boss + adds, etc.) - you have to switch build / talents to make best use of the lock toolset.

I would recommend to have a look at top locks for each boss in Antorus on warcraftlogs and check the builds they are using. I switch the talents (and legendaries) more or less on every boss ;) 

Agreed, but I have to wait for drops when they drop. I wish I could rush it but it just doesn't seem feasible.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Gonna go hit a target dummy and see what kind of improvements I see.

1 hour ago, MrEdren said:

Why do people keep saying t21 4pc affects Siphon Life? It doesn't and never has.

Probably because the tooltip on Wowhead says it does.

Edited by Moredotsnow

4 hours ago, Moredotsnow said:

Probably because the tooltip on Wowhead says it does.

I hate contextual tooltips.  Once again, I'm an idiot.

Edited by MrEdren

15 hours ago, Moredotsnow said:

So I should just stick with MG, Contagion, SH, SC until I grab 4 piece. Good lord, do you realize how long I've waited for that concise of an answer?

Learn to sim questions like these, it is really easy now days.

As you haven't been on Raidbots yet it doesn't have your Crucible data but without that SL is still actually is higher for you and if you are going to swap over later anyhow it makes more sense to me to stay with it.

https://medium.com/raidbots/armory-crucible-workaround-dbe280fe1dac Follow the steps at the bottom except for step 5 post it into a talent compare sim. Choose a bunch of variations and let it get to work. Then get busy with Top Gear sims and the like,

If you get some logs again with talents that work together someone should be able to take a look if needed as yes there are obvious issues. I will send you a couple of links in a PM.

Otherwise join the Warlock Discord for a quicker answer but new logs will help a lot to see how play with the optimal talents. https://discord.gg/pdNQDPj

Edited by spikeysquad

Normally the rotation for unstable affliction should be 2 shards 1 soul or 3 shards 2 souls. 

Cast 3 unstable affliction in a row and use reap soul when you finished the third unstable affliction will slightly lost a jump of your first unstable affliction... I'm Chinese not sure you get what i mean.

Basically, the more unstable affliction (above 2) you cast without covering it with draining soul, the more damage you will lost (compare to 2 shards 1 soul combo). So unless you are required to burst on something, stick to 3 shards 2 souls or 2 shards 1 soul. 

Personally a very helpful addons for me is  WeakAuras. Here's a link for the code of it: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=10784672&_ff=188&_fp=5 

In the bottom of his article, a thing looks like this: 0718 V1 字符串  7.25 0718 v1.7z click the link, download that zip file and import the code. 58Q2h-k3xrK6T1kS9q-32.jpg

The interface should be look like this!

It's been a great help to me and it's really straightforward. Hope it can help you!

Also, if you are not sure about your gear, you can download simulation craft and import your character's data to simulate the dps you should be doing with that gear. It can also tells you with stat is at most valuable to you at that time. 

Edited by Drunkpanda
  • Like 1

Is this great little bar part of WeakAuras or is it a separate addon? If it is separate, can you help me to know what the name of it is? I am not very good at importing.....

I have been looking for something like this for awhile....

Mith

Edited by mithrale
adding info

On 3/2/2018 at 3:22 PM, mithrale said:

Is this great little bar part of WeakAuras or is it a separate addon? If it is separate, can you help me to know what the name of it is? I am not very good at importing.....

I have been looking for something like this for awhile....

Mith

It's something you set up through WeakAuras. It seems to be a .zip download, but it's easier to simply import straight into WeakAuras via the in-game interface. Go to https://wago.io/ and you'll find plenty of very similar things to use. 

21 hours ago, mithrale said:

Thanks for the help! WeakAuras it is!

No worries :) Good luck with setting it all up!