FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shadehallow

UH Insignia of the Grand Army question

In the unholy dk guides under Gear, Legendaries, and Best in Slot section there is no mention of where Insignia of the Grand ArmyInsignia of the Grand Army stands compared to the others or how effective the legendary ring is in general. I was curious because unholy seems to benefit the most item level wise from fully optimized Netherlight Crucible paths (14+7 for each relic is 63 total possible items levels) has anyone been able to play around with this or know where I could find that info? Thanks in advance

On 1/24/2018 at 3:36 AM, Shadehallow said:

In the unholy dk guides under Gear, Legendaries, and Best in Slot section there is no mention of where Insignia of the Grand ArmyInsignia of the Grand Army stands compared to the others or how effective the legendary ring is in general. I was curious because unholy seems to benefit the most item level wise from fully optimized Netherlight Crucible paths (14+7 for each relic is 63 total possible items levels) has anyone been able to play around with this or know where I could find that info? Thanks in advance

You need to sim it. 

The ring is entirely dependent on your current NLC T2 traits. There are hundreds of combinations and, with so many possibilities, it's impossible to rank clearly. Use RaidBots and sim it against whatever other legendary you are running. Just make sure put your NLC information into the sim tool as well.

Thanks for the info I ran it, and the the old set up did more damage. Here I was thinking that ring improved all tiers of the NLC path but its only the mid selections that seem to be improved. Derp on me there lol

9 hours ago, Shadehallow said:

Thanks for the info I ran it, and the the old set up did more damage. Here I was thinking that ring improved all tiers of the NLC path but its only the mid selections that seem to be improved. Derp on me there lol

Yeah, the usefulness of it depends on your traits, but your class too - for some classes, T3 traits are worth far more than T2 ones. For others, the T2 traits are worth massive amounts more.