FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nerro120

raidbots conflicting stat weights

recently got a few upgrades and was trying to figure out which gems i should put in them so i ran raidbots to update my stat priority and found crit on top, re ran the sim and found haste to be on top. i know it varies depending on gear, but which do i go for at this point? Spec: MM, current ilvl 955 (crit: 25%, haste: 13%, mastery: 29%, vers: 11%(i know its too much but i dont have anything relevant to replace gear with)) using legendary gloves and talent ring, no gear was changed during sim or after and i excluded the gear in my bags from the list

first sim:

( Pawn: v1: "Shadowblind - Marksmanship (Raidbots)": Class=Hunter, Spec=Marksmanship, Agility=24.67, CritRating=44.73, HasteRating=43.10, MasteryRating=42.87, Versatility=36.66 )

second sim:

( Pawn: v1: "Shadowblind - Marksmanship (Raidbots)": Class=Hunter, Spec=Marksmanship, Agility=23.70, CritRating=42.34, HasteRating=43.21, MasteryRating=41.90, Versatility=35.69 )

Edited by nerro120

Both haste and crit will benefit you pretty much equally is all it means, sometimes it might sim different each time because it essentially runs 10,000 iterations and each time they're not 100% identical. 

Your mastery is at a really nice %, but your versa is too high compared to the other two so it's going to want you to get a lot more crit and haste.

Also using the legendary gloves changes your stat priorities, as soon as you lose those and run 2pc / 4pc of T20/T21 in some form you'll end up valuing crit a lot higher.

• Like 1

Stats are multiplicative, not additive. And there's diminishing returns. For example if you're stacking Mastery that makes every point of crit, haste and versatility more valuable at that higher amount of Mastery, while more mastery rating is decreasing in percentage increase per point. So of course even just switching one gem will change your stat weights. I've been in the position where Haste is my top stat (and I'm gemming crit), but if I switch one or two gems from crit to haste then crit comes back up to top stat, and the dps basically didn't change.

• Like 1

What Luthixx and Khallid said.

Just think about it mathematically. If the stat weights are i.e. 44 for crit, and 43 for haste, it means each additional point of crit rating will give you about 44dps. Now translate that to the gems: The crit gem will give you ~8.800dps, the haste gem ~8.600. That's a 200dps difference, which is completely negligible when you're doing damage in the millions. Not to forget that if the stats are that close, they will flip everytime you gem or enchant something.

Any weight difference below 3 points can be pretty much ignored.

8 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

Just think about it mathematically. If the stat weights are i.e. 44 for crit, and 43 for haste, it means each additional point of crit rating will give you about 44dps. Now translate that to the gems: The crit gem will give you ~8.800dps, the haste gem ~8.600.

Also have to remember, as you gem something, you're in a position of that gem decreasing in value for every single point it puts in. A +200 Haste gem might have a ~43 DPS per point weight before you put it in, but then with every point it increases up to 200, it could go down in DPS added by 0.01, meaning the weight becomes ~41 DPS per point by the time the gem is slotted. Throw in any kind of variable graph and you're looking at a potential for the average increase of a +200 Haste Gem to be ~43 DPS per point, but in reality, the first +100 Haste adds ~43 per point, the next +50 of the gem adds ~21 per point, the last +50 adds ~65. 

It's why I pretty much always favour comparison sims vs. weight sims, because weights are so "in the moment".