FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Adesertwolf

Balance help

Hey guys. I returned to wow a few months ago after a long break and have been all I can to figure out how to play, spec and dance as a boom.  But now I need some help.  Here is a copy of my log from last week. Thank you for the help in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/kelthuzad/naotsugaa

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kelthuzad/naotsugaa

12 minutes ago, Adesertwolf said:

Hey guys. I returned to wow a few months ago after a long break and have been all I can to figure out how to play, spec and dance as a boom.  But now I need some help.  Here is a copy of my log from last week. Thank you for the help in advance.

Looking at Garothi:

• Make sure you only use Lunar Strike when empowered - you're using an AoE priority spell on a single-target fight without it being empowered.
  • You cap your Astral Power constantly. You're nearly wasting 1 AP per second. You need to be spending more by using more Starsurges. Capped resources is completely wasted DPS.
  • You spend too much time casting nothing. Make sure you're constantly casting unless you have to move, in which case you can refresh DoTs.
  • Your Sunfire uptime is low. It was only ~78%. It should be as high as your Moonfire uptime at ~97%.

Some things to work on, at least.

7 minutes ago, Adesertwolf said:

Thank you. That is a great help. I will start working on those things.

No problem and good luck with the improvements - feel free to post logs again in the future to see if you've improved :)