FORUMS
Stan

Battle for Azeroth System Requirements for Mac/Windows

pWhONPq.jpg

Battle for Azeroth pre-orders are now live and even though the expansion launch is scheduled for September 2018, now's a good time to look at the system requirements to determine, if your computer can run the game smoothly.

Blizzard has increased minimum / recommended system requirements for Battle for Azeroth and we highlighted all changes in the tables below.

Windows

Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Operating System Windows® 7 64-bit Windows® 10 64-bit
Processor

Intel® Core™ i5-760 or
AMD FX™-8100 or later

(up from Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 720)

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 or
AMD FX™-8310 or later

(up from Intel® Core™ i5-3330,
AMD™ FX-6300, or better)

Video

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 560 2GB or
AMD™ Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB or
Intel® HD Graphics 530 (45W)

(up from NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 440 or AMD™ Radeon™ HD 5670 or Intel® HD Graphics 5000)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or
AMD™ Radeon™ R9 280 or later

(up from NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti or
AMD™ Radeon™ R7 260X or better)

Memory 4 GB RAM (up from 2 GB RAM) 8 GB RAM (up from 4 GB RAM)
Storage 70GB available space 7200 RPM HDD (up from 45 GB) 70GB available space SSD
Internet Broadband internet connection  
Media DVD-ROM drive  
Input Keyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported. Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
Resolution 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution  

Mac

Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Operating System OS X® 10.11 (latest version) (up from OS X® 10.10) macOS® 10.13 (latest version) (up from macOS® 10.12)
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-760 or later (up from Intel® Core™ i5-750) Intel® Core™ i7-4770 or later (up from Intel® Core™ i5-4670 or better)
Video

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M or later
AMD Radeon™ R9 M290 or later
Intel® HD 530 (45W)
2GB VRAM
Metal capable GPU

(up from NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M or
ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 or Intel® HD Graphics 5000)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or later
AMD Radeon™ R9 M395X or later
4GB VRAM
Metal capable GPU

(up from NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 775M or AMD Radeon™ R9 M290X or better)

Memory 4 GB RAM 8 GB RAM
Storage 70 GB available hard drive space (up from 45 GB)  
Internet Broadband internet connection  
Media DVD-ROM drive  
Input Keyboard and mouse required.
Other input devices are not supported.
Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
Resolution 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution  

(SourceSource 2)

So I suppose will be need at least 1070 for 60 FPS on 10? Little bit massive, but can't wait to see this time what they update in graphics.

2 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

So I suppose will be need at least 1070 for 60 FPS on 10? Little bit massive, but can't wait to see this time what they update in graphics.

A 1050Ti should be enough if you lower view distance and ground clutter to 7. Those are literally the only two things that impact my 960 right now on live, and I doubt that will change too much.

4 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

A 1050Ti should be enough if you lower view distance and ground clutter to 7. Those are literally the only two things that impact my 960 right now on live, and I doubt that will change too much.

The ground clutter doesn't really seem to impact that much in actual quality of play, shouldn't be too much of an issue doing that if need be.

15 minutes ago, Nantarios said:

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 or AMD FX™-8310? There is massive canyon of difference between these two. Did they pull random CPU names out of a hat?

It does seem like they are giving a way worse recommendation for the AMD. I wonder if there is a reason, maybe because of a certain selling point of the CPU? All comparison sites list it not just a bit lower, but WAY lower.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

The ground clutter doesn't really seem to impact that much in actual quality of play, shouldn't be too much of an issue doing that if need be.

Well, view distance and environment detail is gonna have a big impact on CPU performance. I keep those at 7  to keep a 60+ fps in some areas(clutter detail doesnt really affect CPU). My gpu hardly ever goes up to 50% usage and I have an overclocked 1060. It seems that with the CPU req being higher its gonna be even more stressful on the CPU then GPU since this game only really uses 1 core.

Edited by alleraz

2 hours ago, alleraz said:

Well, view distance and environment detail is gonna have a big impact on CPU performance. I keep those at 7  to keep a 60+ fps in some areas(clutter detail doesnt really affect CPU). My gpu hardly ever goes up to 50% usage and I have an overclocked 1060. It seems that with the CPU req being higher its gonna be even more stressful on the CPU then GPU since this game only really uses 1 core.

Are you kidding? WoW still use only 1 core? I mean even if have 4 cores then still use it for example 99%-20%-5%-10%?In 2018? :O 

2 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

Are you kidding? WoW still use only 1 core? I mean even if have 4 cores then still use it for example 99%-20%-5%-10%?In 2018? :O 

It does only use 1 core for the most part, it, however, off loads sounds to a different core, but everything else including addons uses the same core. It's why Higher clocks actually matter more than core count for WoW. For example on my rig overall CPU usage for WoW is about 20% BUT if you actually take a look at all cores there's only 1 thats close to being fully utilized. Whenever I have  View and environment detail set to 10 1 core is pretty much at 100% all the time in the world and my FPS sinks cause of it. WoW in general isnt very GPU hungry but really hard on the CPU cause of how old the core engine is and they can't change it without fully changing the engine.

Edited by alleraz

If you have performance issues with WoW i have a couple of tips for you. I myself is running a GTX 970, overclocked i7-3770k and 16gb RAM. Now, it may not be bad but it isn't amazing anymore either. I had a lot of performance issues in the Legion zones, especially Suramar and Val'sharah, it would constantly jump between 30-40 fps and it was unbearable. If there's anything i find more annoying than a sub 60 fps it's an unstable fps. Right now i'm basically maxing all the settings with MSAA 4x in 1080p, but i've turned down Liquid Detail one tick from ultra to good, that is a barely noticable difference and it caused a lot of issues for me. The other 3 big framerate thieves are View Distance, Environment Detail and Ground Clutter. For me there was a huge framerate gain when you turned these settings down from 10 to 7, now it's always sitting at 60 fps, even in raids. And i even think that view distance 7 actually better than 10 because with 10 view distance i can literally see the square box that the zone i'm in is in.

Will my computer run BFA? I’m not tech savvy so idk what or later means here are my computer specs:

• Processor: AMD A10-9600P Radeon R5 
  • Ram: 6 GB
  • Video card: AMD Radeon R5
  • CPU speed: 2.4 GHz
  • OS and Free disk space: win 10 64 bit 786.3 GB

If not would  this computer work? Omen by HP laptop has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics and a Quad-core IntelCore i7-7700HQ processor

16 hours ago, Kstehle1 said:

Will my computer run BFA? I’m not tech savvy so idk what or later means here are my computer specs:

• Processor: AMD A10-9600P Radeon R5 
  • Ram: 6 GB
  • Video card: AMD Radeon R5
  • CPU speed: 2.4 GHz
  • OS and Free disk space: win 10 64 bit 786.3 GB

If not would  this computer work? Omen by HP laptop has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics and a Quad-core IntelCore i7-7700HQ processor

Based on the benchmarks for your CPU, it looks like it might not be good enough. However, benchmarks are just an index and the CPU might be good enough for the game, hard to say. Your laptop, on the other side, should be more than enough.