FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Burst macro

Hi guys, just wondered what you thought about my opener burst macro and if there is any way of writing it better?, thanks in advance,

#showtooltip Alter Time
/use Potion of the jade Serpent
/use 10
/cast Berserking
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Frostbolt
/cast Alter Time

Why would you cancel Alter Time early when bursting with Frost? Apart from that it looks solid :)

Oh, and I guess I wouldn't go PoM for Frost :D

Why would you cancel Alter Time early when bursting with Frost? Apart from that it looks solid smile.png

Oh, and I guess I wouldn't go PoM for Frost biggrin.png

Where do you see he's cancelling it? :D

Hi guys, just wondered what you thought about my opener burst macro and if there is any way of writing it better?, thanks in advance,

#showtooltip Alter Time
/use 10
/cast Berserking
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Frostbolt
/cast Alter Time

If for some reason you were using PoM, Alter Time and Frostbolt should switch places, so that Alter Time will also snapshot your PoM.

I would also include the trinket slots in a /use, since you might get once an on use trinket:)

Indeed tho, as frost you shouldn't be using PoM. 

Thanks for the input, i have dropped the POM for Ice Floes, and also changed the macro, i dont have any on use trinkets as of yet though.

#showtooltip Alter Time
/use 10
/cast Berserking
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Alter Time

If you get on-use trinkets, just add /use 13 or 14.

You'll want to pre-pot if you can, so have a separate button available to use the potion before the pull. You don't have to take it out of the macro.. still useful for mispulls or for use later in the fight when the potion is off cooldown again.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use this macro for the following reasons:

1. There is no time for item proc's (trinket buffs, etc) as you have not cast any spells

2.  You have no fingers of frost or brain freeze procs as you have not yet attacked.

When pulling hopefully your group uses a pull timer so do the following:

1. i evocate at app 4 seconds left (adjust based upon your haste).

2. Prepot just before the pull

Cast a couple of frost bolts for fingers of frost and/or brain freeze to proc.

Then use the macro

/use 10 (looked it up appearently an engineering Glove enhancement).
/cast Berserking
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Alter Time

Use your procs and cast frost bolt for filler.

I wouldn't use this macro for the following reasons:

1. There is no time for item proc's (trinket buffs, etc) as you have not cast any spells

2.  You have no fingers of frost or brain freeze procs as you have not yet attacked.

When pulling hopefully your group uses a pull timer so do the following:

1. i evocate at app 4 seconds left (adjust based upon your haste).

2. Prepot just before the pull

Cast a couple of frost bolts for fingers of frost and/or brain freeze to proc.

Then use the macro

/use 10 (looked it up appearently an engineering Glove enhancement).
/cast Berserking
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Alter Time

Use your procs and cast frost bolt for filler.

I do exactly as you say above but with only 2 slight differences

1, evocate

2, pre pot

3, Mirror image

---- tank pulls---

1, mage bomb

2, Frozen orb

Wait for Fingers of frost and brain freeze, happens almost instantly, when my trinket procs (breath of many minds) thats when i pop my macro.

I have as my trinkets The breath of the hydra, volatile talisman of the shadow pan assault and also lightweave embroidery, when breath of many minds proc I do my burst macro as I have mentioned above, was wondering if I should 1, also refresh my mage bomb at the same time?, 2, and also when I get the buff from my other trinket and lightweave, should I refresh my mage bomb even though its already ticking? 

I have as my trinkets The breath of the hydra, volatile talisman of the shadow pan assault and also lightweave embroidery, when breath of many minds proc I do my burst macro as I have mentioned above, was wondering if I should 1, also refresh my mage bomb at the same time?, 2, and also when I get the buff from my other trinket and lightweave, should I refresh my mage bomb even though its already ticking? 

Yes, you should. This is called dot clipping/snapshotting. If you get an intellect proc that would increase you dot's damage (like breath of many minds, lightweave) refresh it! :)

For Volatile talisman you shouldn't refresh it that would not be enough DPS gain. Try to get rid of that trinket btw.. :)

Cheers Oltier your a good un, I have in my bags purified bindings of immerseus, (item level 540) do you think it would be a good dps upgrade and replacement for volatile?

Cheers Oltier your a good un, I have in my bags purified bindings of immerseus, (item level 540) do you think it would be a good dps upgrade and replacement for volatile?

Definitely