FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gulag

Raza nerf

I haven't tried Highlander priest post Nerf yet, but my first instinct would be no.  I would drop velen, mind blast and the heavy cycle and put in some more late game value generation and play it as a traditional control deck, maybe try a dragon package or a death rattle one, use Raza/anduin as more a board control strat, and forget the typical machine gun strategy.

• Like 1

I dont think Raza priest is a thing anymore. If you go control route, you will lose to warlocks and druids almost always. You can target aggro with that deck by using a bunch of board clear but again, warlock is superior at that.

Plus, both spiteful priest and big priest is better than Raza priest at its  current state.

Edited by FanOfValeera

In wild, you can use Emperor Thaurissan to enable the combo: Velen (6), hero power (7), mind blast (8), hero power (9), holy smite (9), hero power (10), for 26 damage. In standard, you can still drop Velen (7), hero power (8), mind blast (10), for 14 damage. If it were one damage more, I would tell you to play Alexstraza :(

In standard, I don't think that highlander priest is still playable. You may choose a different path, like deathrattle highlander priest, with or without quest, or dragon highlander priest. Surely in wild there is more power, in standard I don't know if it's enough to play this archetype anymore....

Fun fact, Zetalot's been playing standard control priest, and it actually feels really really good, played around with it a little bit.  Gives me some hope for control Razakus priest, but i'll be honest, I just love control priest.

I really hated that they nerfed Raza because of ShadowReaper...why not nerf ShadowReaper instead? 

It's still viable but not as awesome.  A priest has better option in Standard; in the wild it could be effective.