FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bobby211279

Vanish resets target

Hi this is my first post so if this is posted somewhere i apologise but can someone pls ttell me why in most rogue rotations it will have activate vanish because it resets the targets health so why would you do this i must be misunderstanding this.

tnx for any help in advance

21 hours ago, bobby211279 said:

Hi this is my first post so if this is posted somewhere i apologise but can someone pls ttell me why in most rogue rotations it will have activate vanish because it resets the targets health so why would you do this i must be misunderstanding this.

tnx for any help in advance

While we use Vanish as a tool to increase damage output, its primary use is defensive - it puts us back in stealth, making us invisible to the enemy and removing all of our threat. 

While questing or in other solo content, you're the only person that the enemy can see, so when you disappear, they sort of shrug their shoulders and go back to whatever they were doing before you attacked them.

In a raid environment where there are plenty of your friends around who are also punching the boss, the boss doesn't  care if you disappear - he's still doing his best to kill your tanks / other friends.

Note that while soloing it is still possible to use a skill after using Vanish and prevent the target from resetting, but you need to be very very quick - you need to use your ability of choice the instant that you disappear, well before the animation for Vanish finishes casting

8 hours ago, Carrn said:

Note that while soloing it is still possible to use a skill after using Vanish and prevent the target from resetting, but you need to be very very quick - you need to use your ability of choice the instant that you disappear, well before the animation for Vanish finishes casting

Or just bring your combat ally along, in which case the mob will switch to them rather than resetting.

24 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

Or just bring your combat ally along, in which case the mob will switch to them rather than resetting.

You must run with Lillian, Vanessa vanishes with you.