FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deadly

Horrid fury DPS please help!

Good Morning everybody,

I recently switched to fury and am seriously struggling to get this down. I've done all the research I can find, rotation testing, etc. but I just can't seem to hit even CLOSE to my personal sims. The sims say roughly 1.5mil dps, whereas I can't pull over a constant 1.1mil if I'm lucky.

I know a few of the fights I didn't pop an old war potion (went with the cheaper option of prolonged power) and some fights I didn't use pots at all. However, outside of this, I don't know what else to do. Below are logs from last night and my armory link.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rcFx1fyPQ762qmzJ#fight=19&type=damage-done

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kelthuzad/deàdly

Any tips/suggestions would really help!

Thank you

Hey there,

I'm sorry to tell you but your research was not quite successfull.

You have very basic issues with rotations and the choice of your gear.

Let's start with the gear:

1. You need Convergence of Fate (Elisande) + Kaz goroth (Argus). The shadow singed fang is pretty garbage for fury.

2. Reduce amount of crit. The stat weights with T21 are: Mastery -> Haste/Versa -> Strength -> Crit

However you should stay above 27% haste.

3. Try to achieve the Legendary Ring Soul of the Battlelord and the Valarjar Berserkers, they are the BIS leggy's. The helmet and cloak is not that bad to start with.

Rotation:

1. Your ability priority is wrong. Use 100 Rage RP> BT > RB > FS ... for basic rotation. The most important is to prioritize BT over RB.

I recommend you to read Archimtiros Fury Guide on MMO Champion.

Here the link:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2344548-Tier-21-7-3-2-Fury-Guide-amp-FAQ

2. You press every CD manually. Just makro BC with Avatar and Bloodbath. Don't Mikro.. be happy.

Hope this get's you a glimpse what you can improve. To get in the higher Ranks you definitely need the mentioned Trinkets and fix your rotations.

Thank you for your reply!

Trinkets is something I'm struggling to get, but I'll keep plugging away and trying to pick up CoF/kaz'goroth.

So for my rotation - If I'm understanding this correctly, I should basically be keeping BT on CD? Even during enrage? I was just spamming RB during enrage, and using 1 BT with roughly 1-2secs left of enrage. It felt off to do, but from what I read I just thought this is what was the "proper" way of handling it.

Stats - I am currently just over 27% haste. I know that's a good place to be, I just haven't quite gotten the other gear pieces I need to reduce the crit on my gear. Also, my mastery seems a bit low..what's a roughly good place to be for this? I'll plug away at this one.

AND for leggos.. working on it! I can only get them so fast, but I can at least get 1 per week with wakening essence.

Edited by Deadly
stats

Yep BT is more valuable than a RB cast. Like I said the priority list is (100Rage)RP>BT>RB>FS

To the mastery questions. It's simple. You can't have enough mastery while having a good amount of haste. So stay between 27-30% haste and all the rest to mastery. With all those titanforging it's very unlikely you equip only Haste/Mastery items on your non-locked slots. But the best way is to just avoid crit.

You can get back here if you have some specific questions on some of the bossfights or get the legendarys. Your execute rotation changes with SOTB.

On 15.2.2018 at 8:28 AM, Milka said:

3. Try to achieve the Legendary Ring Soul of the Battlelord and the Valarjar Berserkers, they are the BIS leggy's. The helmet and cloak is not that bad to start with.

My fury-mate once said to me: "Well, i don't play anymore with Battlelord. We killing bosses that fast, execute-phase is not long enough. I'm running with hat and pants". What is your experience about that? Are you running in Battlelord even in mythic + while bosses live usually not long enough (beside high keys in tyrannical weeks)?

3 hours ago, Allseye said:

My fury-mate once said to me: "Well, i don't play anymore with Battlelord. We killing bosses that fast, execute-phase is not long enough. I'm running with hat and pants". What is your experience about that? Are you running in Battlelord even in mythic + while bosses live usually not long enough (beside high keys in tyrannical weeks)?

While I'd say that Helm definitely starts to beat out Battlelord as the fight gets shorter, you can still do very well with Battlelord. There are people still running Battlelord at sub-2-minute kills on Hounds and getting top 10 parses. 

Yeah it tends to be better when execute get's shorter, but in my opinion the difference is very low in numbers.

Since these whole Pantheon proc thing and based on your execute luck to have a 2nd BC while executing you can't really compare. My dps vary from 1,8 to 2,2 mil dps on single target fights. Mostly depending if you get a lucky pantheon proc while you pull BC or better in Execute with BC.

The Execute phase is just lame without Battlelord to be honest. It also depends on your exchange gear. If you drop 40 item level's (on one item) just to exchange your legendaries - I wouldn't do that.

In mythic + I mostly use Legs+Sephuz for Trash and Legs+SotB for Bosses.

Lately I used helm+pants for kin garoth mythic, as the burst on the adds is important upfront. But compared to the second fury in the raid which used pants+SotB - Just not much difference. As I said mostly dependand of proccs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Milka said:

The Execute phase is just lame without Battlelord to be honest. It also depends on your exchange gear. If you drop 40 item level's (on one item) just to exchange your legendaries - I wouldn't do that.

Yeah, it's only in extreme cases (1 minute vs. 6 minute fight) that you'll see the difference between the legendaries actually make an impact compared to normal RNG DPS differences.

Ok so with all of this feedback given, we did a H Antorus last night and my logs were definitely better. At the time of raid, my ilvl was roughly 943. So for my ilvl my logs reported were much better than previous. I managed to pick up a CoF, but legendaries have remained the same. Here are my logs from last night"

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MTRY42XVLzFZWg8Q/

(Character name is Deadly)

If you can give me any additional feedback here that would be great. I am aware that I didn't use many old wars until the end of the raid, but I think I still did well considering my ilvl.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadly said:

If you can give me any additional feedback here that would be great. I am aware that I didn't use many old wars until the end of the raid, but I think I still did well considering my ilvl.

While it's discouraging seeing that grey rank on the total warrior parses, that's a massive improvement in your item level bracket, so well done on that!

It's a shame your last CD set was so short - if the fight had gone on slightly longer, you likely would have parsed even higher.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

It's a shame your last CD set was so short - if the fight had gone on slightly longer, you likely would have parsed even higher.

Yeah looking at it again, that could have been a greater parse! It is a bit discouraging to see the low "overall" parse, which in my opinion should not be reflected on your characters main page, it's nice to see the massive improvement on the ilvl portion

1 hour ago, Deadly said:

Yeah looking at it again, that could have been a greater parse! It is a bit discouraging to see the low "overall" parse, which in my opinion should not be reflected on your characters main page, it's nice to see the massive improvement on the ilvl portion

It's always unfortunate to see things like that, but as you end up gearing up more (which will happen naturally with killing bosses), you'll see that grey parse start to move up. Concentrate on that iLvL parse for now and don't be surprised if it drops when you move up a bracket, since you'll be at the lowest end of that new bracket for a while.

Keep in mind that the parse is also taking the fight time into account. If your team is lacking your parse will automatically drop and you can't do anything about it. But let's not talk about parses as you managed to get better which is great.

Looking at the second logfile shows additional potential. Again Vari - ST fight

1. Execute phase.

Whilst I already said that execute feels bad without SotB - it is indeed - you need to focus additional things. The most important is, that pressing BC will not enrage you. You used the rotation BC-EX-EX-BT-EX-EX-EX

This means your first 2 Executes where not enraged which is a loss of 50% or more dmg depending on your mastery value.

Without pants + SotB it is mandatory to press BT after BC which results in BC-BT-EX-EX-BT-EX-EX-EX

You could use a Rampage cast upfront the BC too, just be sure you're enraged.

2. Clipping Rampages

Since T21 it is recommended to have one Rampage cast before BC to clip the last 2 hits of the First RP to be buffed by your BC. While after that you can still press a fully buffed RP. This will maximize the benefit of the T21 set bonus. This is very complicated in theory but actually very practical.

If you want to learn more about that you should read the Fury Guide which I mentioned already in the first post. It's described very clearly.

All in all you now have the basics and can increase with your gear.

*edit:

Just looked at the Multi target fights like Antoran High Command.

Don't use BC on pull. Always save your BC for the adds. Phase 3 is the only Phase without adds where you should use BC on Cooldown. For Phase 1 and 2 you always want to lign up your BC with the Add spawn. Sometimes this doesn't work out due to unlucky proccs, but better use BC whilst 2 or more adds are present. This also counts for the Imps at Hasabel. Always align BC with the Imp spawn. You will have a massive gain in the dps charts.

This may sound wrong because I'm not a friend of only looking at dps charts, but when you start progressing mythic you will need this DPS on the adds to kill the boss. Especially on Hasabel Mythic you need to maximize your dmg on the imps, otherwise you'll wipe the whole raid.

Additionally on Eonar you could use sephuz instead of your cloak if you have the exchange gear. Will also be a massive gain.

*2nd edit

Kin Garoth

At Kin Garoth you want to have your BC available when the adds spawn. Additionally it's better to save also Avatar for each Add phase. The add will have a 200% dmg increased which will decrease very fast. So optimum for Fury burst. An easy way to have BC ready is to save BC if the energy bar of the boss exceed 80. This will allow the BC Cooldown to be ready again when the adds spawn. Mostly works like 95% of all pulls. If you save Avatar it will be available each add phase.

Simply create a Makro with BC+BB without Avatar which you pull while kin garoth is active.

Edited by Milka

thanks for such a detailed response Milka, it's really helping.

I've got a couple things to clean up for a few fights it looks like, so I'll work on improving there! The aoe fights felt a bit off to me, because I feel fury's aoe to be a bit clunky, but that's just me.

As for T21 and clipping rampage. I've been trying to make sure that I have the right amount of rage to do this when BC is up, however there have been times where I don't have enough rage and end up with too much downtime before a BC. Is it still worth waiting on the BC so that I can clip my rampage?

41 minutes ago, Deadly said:

As for T21 and clipping rampage. I've been trying to make sure that I have the right amount of rage to do this when BC is up, however there have been times where I don't have enough rage and end up with too much downtime before a BC. Is it still worth waiting on the BC so that I can clip my rampage?

I think this was once discussed on MMO-Champion, but i don't find the post. As far as i remember it was stated to never ever delay BC if not necessary (for example what Milka said to have BC ready in special situations). It means you can and should cast Rampage infront BC, but it's not mandatory. But i have to say, that i just read up a bit fury stuff, i don't play it myself that often (prot 4 tw :-)).

The clipping should be used upfront every BC, excluding the Opener. There were multiple discussions about that and the final overall statement is to stay at 100 rage if BC has a Cooldown of less than 5s.

So basically you just spam your priority list without pressing RP until BC has 1s on it's timer. Then it's save to press RP and following clipping the RP into BC.

It does work most of the time, but since we're no robots and it's also affected by your procc luck - You shouldn't delay BC more than 2 GCD's.

I had situations were I was at 80 Rage and wanted to clip, but BT parried..etc. so I stood there for more than 5 GCD's just to clip that damned RP. But you will see yourself that just feels bad. In this case it's better to just press BC after the 2 GCD's.

The best method is the one mentioned above which is not pressing RP anymore when your BC timer is at 5. Pressing RP when timer is at 1 is best.

The timing of pressing BC is also important on this matter, because pressing too early you will have your last hit unbuffed and pressing too late won't clip the last 2 hits into BC. I recommend to use the last 1/4 of your GCD as best timing. Archimtiros even created a WeakAura for the best time to clip if you're interested in.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:03 AM, Deadly said:

Just a quick update on my DPS improvement - although my ilvl still has some ways to go, my DPS for my ilvl has increased quite a bit, most fights being purple -> orange parses. Pretty happy with the improvement:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wy7QhBKg91bzA8CZ

thanks for all the help!

Well done! Looks like Eonar is something you're still struggling on, but getting better Trinkets for her and practising the fight more should see a better rank for you. Umbral Moonglaives is always great on her, same for Khaz.

17 hours ago, Blainie said:

Well done! Looks like Eonar is something you're still struggling on, but getting better Trinkets for her and practising the fight more should see a better rank for you. Umbral Moonglaives is always great on her, same for Khaz.

I know the fight fine. An early death doesn't help. It's also a fight where I just don't care too much if I have a good or bad rank since it all comes down to who can get their aoe burst off first.

Managed to pick up khaz as well from last weeks raid, so things are looking up! Just need to pick up the ring and i'll be doing better.

18 hours ago, Deadly said:

An early death doesn't help. It's also a fight where I just don't care too much if I have a good or bad rank since it all comes down to who can get their aoe burst off first.

You either rank badly on Eonar long enough to re-roll Monk or you stop trying. There's no in-between.

Hmm I don't get it. With a Good RL you always have something to hit, talking about mythic.

Eonar Myth:

image.thumb.png.ebd5d1c909add812a7a10d02bdad273a.png

Eonar HC:

image.thumb.png.d7a8055de9c263193d237273212a0055.png

3 hours ago, Milka said:

With a Good RL you always have something to hit

Key thing here. You can often get the short end of the stick and, rather than being put in evenly split groups of damage, you can end up being assigned to adds where you have your top 3 DPS in the same group, all destroying the mobs as they spawn.