Exstage

DPS Trouble

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hay,

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush. 
But i stil seem to have trouble getting my dps on.  Please take a look on the logs at the 14th. 
I really dislike using the "eye beam build" (it feel slow to me) so i still use the 2221311 build. 

Profile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15410865

Armory:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/magtheridon/zoéy

Thanks already for helping / reading!

P.s. i have all legendary's

Edited by Exstage

Raddons Cascading eyes should replace Delusions of Grandeur. You should not be using blade dance at all with the current Felreaper tier. Eye Beam build is far superior when used properly( I can pull 2M+ with my current build/gear on single target).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/chubbystub

I think that's your problem. I think you know it too, just practice the build/rotation.

You should open with: Nemesis, 1-2 Demons Bite to activate eye beam, fury of the illidari, chaos strike until depleted fury, metamorphosis, eye beam(our talents reset eye beam CD on metamorph active).

Thats your opening rotation, the extension to metamorphosis from the "Demonic" talent stacks, there for metamorphosis is 30S, +8 from each use of Eye Beam(procing Demonic talent). You should be able to get 3 eye beams off before losing your demonic form, giving you 54 seconds in Demon form. You need to be picking up the purple gloves dropping from Demonic Appetite, As each globe reduces the cooldown on Eye Beam and gives you fury.

After the initial rotation it's pretty much just using demons bite when fury is low, and chaos striking, and eye beam on cooldown, when nemesis comes back up try to time an Eye Beam with it, fury of illidari of cooldown, and when Metamorphosis is back up, try to time it w/ Nemesis.

Also, I cannot see your crucible talents/relics, but getting Critical Chaos on either is HUGE. The Shocklight trait is also hands down your best tier 2.

Edited by chubby
additional text

On 15/02/2018 at 1:28 AM, Exstage said:

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush.

Just a few things on your actual logs:

• You played with 4-piece, yet you interrupted your channel of Eye Beam early and ended up missing out on the Haste buff. Make sure you finish that channel or you're completely devaluing the 4-piece bonus.
  • You delayed your Chaos Blades too long, meaning you missed a use of it. Even if you only missed about 15% of the potential last buff's duration, it's definitely a DPS loss.
  • You technically miss a Nemesis cast, but it's no big deal. If the fight had gone on longer, it would have been a big loss. Not sure if you delaying it was intentional, but judging by the delay on the CB also, I'm assuming not.
  • You could have got in another Fury of the Illidari cast.
  • As you said already, weave in Throw Glaive + Fel Rush to keep things rolling during downtime.

That's pretty much it.

Am i the only person that has an issue with 37% crit? I run t-21 and i have about 49% before buffs... i know it might be different for a chaos blades type build. 

Also im not sure if ur t21 is great to do with the chaos blades build, due to the 2 set being useless..... I know u might not be in the position to, but t20 would help alot/ Also if u r using the chaos blades build running with eye beam is also losing alot of dps especially with your lower mastery it really isnt providing alot of dmg!!! 

However im not an expert by the least just my first thoughts!

20 hours ago, Korreo said:

Am i the only person that has an issue with 37% crit? I run t-21 and i have about 49% before buffs... i know it might be different for a chaos blades type build. 

Their gear isn't ideal, but gear is always RNG-dependent, so I always find it kind of pointless to give the advice of getting a certain type of gear. It's likely that they're already trying to :p

Just wanted to add, the Eye Beam build might feel slow because you don't have the right build/gear for it. Low crit or just plain bad luck can force you to use Demon's Bite a lot so that might be why, but definitely try it :p I also felt hesitant at first, but it actually feels pretty good when you get rolling. The playstyle is dynamic since you're actively reducing your Eye Beam cd to get your next burst and unlike demon blades version, you never actually stop attacking, or even moving because there are souls to pick up.

Thanks for all the advise i know what to do now!
And i happen to not finish the eye beam cause i have a cancel cast in the macro just in case of. I have already changed that!