FORUMS
Stan

Warfront Weapons in Battle for Azeroth

9 hours ago, Giftless said:

That is not what I am talking about. Does the Horde not put in as much hard work into their weapons as the Alliance? Where is the pride?

The Horde weapons above look so bland, no intricate details, carvings. Just because the Horde are "savages" does not mean they do not take pride in their crafts imo.

And on that note..The races of the Horde are only rivaled by the elves and i am not talking about the nightelves when it comes to history and relevance on Azeroth. The trolls and the tauren have such rich history, but you see nothing of that in these weapons. 

About Character models. They should make both Tauren and male Orcs taler, they now look like been squished in a vice since birth.

It feels like most gear pieces are taylor made for some races, like most helmets look like shit on Tauren/troll.

Sure the Horde puts just as much pride in their craftsmanship.  The fact is that craftsmanship reflects the world around them.  Just because the waraxe looks crude doesn't mean it can't cleave an entire being in two.  Since Vanilla I have been a fan of the Horde and only this expansion have I even considered playing Alliance.  I have always liked Horde gear over alliance gear.  Horde armor and weapon skins to me look more realistic than Alliance skins do.

All of the races have a rich history, and they are all seen through different aspects of the game.  You don't see any race specific history in these skins because they are not race specific...  These are Horde skins, not Orc skins, or Tauren skins, or Troll skins.  Horde skins...

Tauren only look that way because of the way their spine at the neck curves foward into their bovine like heads.  Orcs necks sit lower  in the skeleton because of how broad their shoulders are so they look like they have no necks and are squished but in reality  I like the design.  Make them taller perhaps, but they would need to keep the proportions, which would end up making them massive or just weird looking if not scaled correctly.  Ideally Tauren would be the tallest race with Night Elf coming in second with Draenei and Troll coming in at 3rd, Orc actually being the 4th tallest race in the game.

The thing about Helmets and trolls/tauren is that creating a helmet that will graphically conform to the texture design for a trolls forward hunched head, and the tauren bovine style neck is honestly I bet a logistical nightmare for the graphics designers and developers ingame.  I mean seriously....

16 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

Sure the Horde puts just as much pride in their craftsmanship.  The fact is that craftsmanship reflects the world around them.  Just because the waraxe looks crude doesn't mean it can't cleave an entire being in two.  Since Vanilla I have been a fan of the Horde and only this expansion have I even considered playing Alliance.  I have always liked Horde gear over alliance gear.  Horde armor and weapon skins to me look more realistic than Alliance skins do.

I still don't feel like you get what I am trying to say here. I do not have a problem with the base style of the weapons. I do not have a problem with the weapons not looking like Alliance weapons. I do have a problem with them not having a "Oh shit i do not wanna get hit by that!!" factor. 

One Horde specific weapon that comes to mind where I feel blizz put some effort into is Replica of staff of Guldan

All of the races have a rich history, and they are all seen through different aspects of the game.  You don't see any race specific history in these skins because they are not race specific...  These are Horde skins, not Orc skins, or Tauren skins, or Troll skins.  Horde skins...

Well if that was the case why do they all look like Orc weapons? I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

Tauren only look that way because of the way their spine at the neck curves foward into their bovine like heads.  Orcs necks sit lower  in the skeleton because of how broad their shoulders are so they look like they have no necks and are squished but in reality  I like the design.  Make them taller perhaps, but they would need to keep the proportions, which would end up making them massive or just weird looking if not scaled correctly.  Ideally Tauren would be the tallest race with Night Elf coming in second with Draenei and Troll coming in at 3rd, Orc actually being the 4th tallest race in the game.

Tauren i can understand but male Orcs are even shorter than female orcs or at least it looks like that way.  Nightelves are trolls that came in contact with the natural well and thus became Elves over a long period of time so no they are just as tall if not a bit smaller due to the transformation.

If you look at a orc ingame they are not much taller than a human male. In all the cinematics  Orcs are towering over any humans. I understand they would not be able to do that ingame but still...they look like green bulky dwarfs. I do like the female orc model tho. 

Edited by Giftless

3 hours ago, Giftless said:

I do have a problem with them not having a "Oh shit i do not wanna get hit by that!!" factor. 

This is where we disagree... There's not a single weapon skin in World of Warcraft past or future that does not have that factor for me.  I mean straight up I don't wanna get hit by any weapon.  Seriously though, I actually do feel like the Horde weapons have that factor for me, more so than the alliance weapons.  The alliance weapons to me seem designed more for show, while the Horde weapons seem designed more for functionality.

I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

But the Horde STARTED with the Orcs.  The original Horde began when The Burning Legion began to corrupt the Orc clans of Draenor in order to destroy the Draenei.  Of course this came about because Kil'Jaeden was able to trick Ner'Zhul, who eventually saw through the trickery forcing Kil'Jaeden to find a new pawn which he found in Gul'dan.  Only in recent times has the Horde become the more peaceful faction we enjoy today comprised of Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Forsaken, Blood Elf, and now Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.

Nightelves are trolls that came in contact with the natural well and thus became Elves over a long period of time

This is just speculation.  The origins of the Night Elves according to their own records is that a nomadic tribe of humanoids called the Kaldorei came upon the Well of Eternity and eventually evolved into the Night Elves we know today.  Because at this time continent of Azeroth was whole, this tribe roamed the jungles of Kalimdor before coming into contact with the Well of Eternity.  Due to the fact that they were a nomadic jungle tribe on Kalimdor it is theorized (not proven) that there are origin ties to the Trolls.  Although these ties are vehemently denied by the Night Elves.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, Giftless said:

Well if that was the case why do they all look like Orc weapons? I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

I understand what youre saying, but you have to realize - none of the alliance weapons are particularly GNOMISH, either... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.