FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yarv

Warlock Question. Demo or Affliction

Just like I think that many people did when the UVLS nerfs came, I dropped Demonology for Affliction. However, I seem to be lacking in my damage and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I don't feel very strong with snapshotting Dots especially on multi-target fights such as Protectors. Should I stay afflic/destro or should I change to Demo now that I have heard that Demo is a bit stronger than affliction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Yarv/advanced

Logs:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n9tbypmnlbtiaawz/

Whatever you're more comfortable/more skilled at.  Both are relatively close and excel in certain situations.  It's going to come down to what you understand more.

I understand affliction but I don't really understand how close they really are. I remember that once UVLS got nerfed. People left it to die like the plague. Is Demo worth going back to or should I keep playing afflic?

Demo is almost entirely reliant on another trinket, PBI.  It's so incredibly good for Demo that it's tough playing without it.

Demo is almost entirely reliant on another trinket, PBI.  It's so incredibly good for Demo that it's tough playing without it.

Then I guess I should wait till I get the Heroic version double upgraded of PBI before I move affliction over to Demonology again.

Much of what I brought up when we talked earlier, for Aff and Destro alike, will carry over to Demo as well. Demo also needs to take advantage of procs when it can in terms of spending fury and keep up a big, beefy Doom. Making sure you don't let Corruption fall off is still important. Using DS as often as possible is even more important. Using your potion separate from DS is still going to hurt you, etc.  Whichever route you go, still work on those things and spend some time with the target dummies getting used to multi-target situations (you have to watch Doom on all the targets, too).

Hey mate , I'm in the same boat as you , my affliction isn't that good even though I don't know what I'm doing wrong eirher I've read various guides from this sight and others but my affliction isn't going the way I want it to go, lived it way back in vanilla and when the introduced haunt that it went to the target then came back and healed you. ( if I remember correctly).