Stan

Mythic Keystone Customization in Battle for Azeroth?

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

27843-mythic-keystone-reward-increases.p

Blizzard seems to be experimenting with an option to allow players customize their Mythic Keystones in Battle for Azeroth.

A new Alpha Build (26095) went live today and we found many spells related to Mythic Keystone customization.

Note: This is Alpha and everything is subject to change at any given time. The feature may be purely experimental for testing purposes and might not go live in any form.

Dungeons

It's very hard to determine under which circumstances would players be allowed to customize (reroll?) the dungeon of their Mythic Keystone runs. I would personally just spam Maw of Souls. The spells below are only listing Legion dungeons at the moment, so this may go live even before Battle for Azeroth. The names of Legion Dungeons could very well be placeholders for BfA dungeons and may get updated in a future Alpha Build.

Set Keystone Map: Black Rook HoldSet Keystone Map: Black Rook Hold","Set Keystone Map: Black Rook Hold","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Black Rook Hold."
"Set Keystone Map: Cathedral of Eternal NightSet Keystone Map: Cathedral of Eternal Night","Set Keystone Map: Cathedral of Eternal Night","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Cathedral of Eternal Night."
"Set Keystone Map: Court of StarsSet Keystone Map: Court of Stars","Set Keystone Map: Court of Stars","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Court of Stars."
"Set Keystone Map: Eye of AzsharaSet Keystone Map: Eye of Azshara","Set Keystone Map: Eye of Azshara","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Eye of Azshara."
"Set Keystone Map: Halls of ValorSet Keystone Map: Halls of Valor","Set Keystone Map: Halls of Valor","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Halls of Valor."
"Set Keystone Map: Maw of SoulsSet Keystone Map: Maw of Souls","Set Keystone Map: Maw of Souls","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Maw of Souls."
"Set Keystone Map: Lower KarazhanSet Keystone Map: Lower Karazhan","Set Keystone Map: Lower Karazhan","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Return to Karazhan: Lower."
"Set Keystone Map: Upper KarazhanSet Keystone Map: Upper Karazhan","Set Keystone Map: Upper Karazhan","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Return to Karazhan: Upper."
"Set Keystone Map: Seat of the TriumvirateSet Keystone Map: Seat of the Triumvirate","Set Keystone Map: Seat of the Triumvirate","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Seat of the Triumvirate."
"Set Keystone Map: The ArcwaySet Keystone Map: The Arcway","Set Keystone Map: The Arcway","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to The Arcway."
"Set Keystone Map: Vault of the WardensSet Keystone Map: Vault of the Wardens","Set Keystone Map: Vault of the Wardens","","Set the dungeon map of a Mythic Keystone to Vault of the Wardens."

Keystone Levels

Spells for setting keystone levels from 15 through 30 have been added.

"Set Keystone Level: 15Set Keystone Level: 15","Set Keystone Level: 15","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 16Set Keystone Level: 16","Set Keystone Level: 16","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 17Set Keystone Level: 17","Set Keystone Level: 17","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 18Set Keystone Level: 18","Set Keystone Level: 18","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 19Set Keystone Level: 19","Set Keystone Level: 19","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 20Set Keystone Level: 20","Set Keystone Level: 20","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 21Set Keystone Level: 21","Set Keystone Level: 21","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 22Set Keystone Level: 22","Set Keystone Level: 22","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 23Set Keystone Level: 23","Set Keystone Level: 23","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 24Set Keystone Level: 24","Set Keystone Level: 24","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 25Set Keystone Level: 25","Set Keystone Level: 25","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 26Set Keystone Level: 26","Set Keystone Level: 26","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 27Set Keystone Level: 27","Set Keystone Level: 27","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 28Set Keystone Level: 28","Set Keystone Level: 28","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 29Set Keystone Level: 29","Set Keystone Level: 29","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."
"Set Keystone Level: 30Set Keystone Level: 30","Set Keystone Level: 30","","Set the level of a Mythic Keystone to $s1."

Affixes

We also spotted options for adding affixes to a Mythic Keystone.

"Add Keystone Affix: TyrannicalAdd Keystone Affix: Tyrannical","Add Keystone Affix: Tyrannical","","Add the Tyrannical affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: FortifiedAdd Keystone Affix: Fortified","Add Keystone Affix: Fortified","","Add the Fortified affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: TeemingAdd Keystone Affix: Teeming","Add Keystone Affix: Teeming","","Add the Teeming affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: VolcanicAdd Keystone Affix: Volcanic","Add Keystone Affix: Volcanic","","Add the Volcanic affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: SkittishAdd Keystone Affix: Skittish","Add Keystone Affix: Skittish","","Add the Skittish affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: RagingAdd Keystone Affix: Raging","Add Keystone Affix: Raging","","Add the Raging affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: NecroticAdd Keystone Affix: Necrotic","Add Keystone Affix: Necrotic","","Add the Necrotic affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: BolsteringAdd Keystone Affix: Bolstering","Add Keystone Affix: Bolstering","","Add the Bolstering affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: GrievousAdd Keystone Affix: Grievous","Add Keystone Affix: Grievous","","Add the Grievous affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: SanguineAdd Keystone Affix: Sanguine","Add Keystone Affix: Sanguine","","Add the Sanguine affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: QuakingAdd Keystone Affix: Quaking","Add Keystone Affix: Quaking","","Add the Quaking affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: ExplosiveAdd Keystone Affix: Explosive","Add Keystone Affix: Explosive","","Add the Explosive affix to a Mythic Keystone."
"Add Keystone Affix: BurstingAdd Keystone Affix: Bursting","Add Keystone Affix: Bursting","","Add the Bursting affix to a Mythic Keystone."

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!

• Like 1

would be amazing to set affixes instead of having a weekly set wouldnt be completely dead weeks anymore with this

Considering past experiences (Mechanar and Maw of Souls M+ farming) I don't think Blizzard will let people reroll all M+ keys.

Edited by Drachar

Should be bad if they make it too easy and casual M+ as well... There are no dead weeks just people who can't handle mechanics.

Edited by Hypersonic
  • Like 2

I imagine this is the "behind the scenes stuff" the devs use rather than a fully customisable dungeon experience in the pipeline.

Right now you "have to" play every given set of affixes (atleast to obtain a good item in the weekly chest). Would they make it a free choice.. i mean, why should i ever roll for Bursting or Bolstering ever again (urks, i hate them so much as a fire mage) or go for Halls of Valor on high tyrannical? I don't think they will implement this or atleast i hope they won't.

I dont think this will become a completely free choice or an consumable that we use on stones.
Those datamined scripts could be just the mechanics that the "key customizer" uses on your key.   :)

But what i could imagine more is a smaller window of free choice.

Imagine a world where the key you have, is COMPLETELY random generated. So no fixed affixes. And then maybe each week they will have some dungeons and some Affixes in an "active" state. When you would approach the new Location or Object which functions as a key-customizer, you can choose to change your completely random stuff into one of those active dungeons or affixes.

Lets say i got a Cathedral key, with bolstering, explosive and tyrannical. when i go there i can change the dungeons to Darkheart-thicket if its active, or roll bolstering out for one of the affixes that is active that week, if i like to keep explosive.

That would make it at least not so disappointing if a week has fixed affixes that you dislike, making it a dead m+ week for you. And i would really like a system where not all, but some little choices can be made to change stuff at least away from stuff that i might hate.

Or another idea for the use of those datamined lines is, that they allow us to slightly modify our keys.

Lets say they keep the M+ system as it is now. And they will just add a "key customizer" somewhere, where you can choose to change ONE aspect of your key. If the affixes are shitty you can roll out one of them to another, or change a dungeon you hate to another, or if you want to go another level of the keystone you can change that. So you can slightly change the keys to your liking, but dont have total freedom. if you change the level of the key, you got to live with the dungeon and the affixes, if you want to change the dungeon you have to live with the affixes on that level.

This scenario i would like even more, than my previous comment :)