Another Teaser for Hero 27: A Letter From Torbjörn to His Wife

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Τhe next Overwatch hero hint season is in full swing!

The previous teaser described the incident when Torbjörn lost his arm and eye. There was also mention of an unknown Turkish private, Emre Sarioglu, which made people think he might be a new character introduced in the Overwatch universe.

However, with this new hint we go away from Sarioglu and nearer a character much more likely to be the new hero. It's Torbjörn's daughter, Brigitte Lindholm, who we have seen in various digital comics and the Honor and Glory animated short.

So after Torbjörn's injury during operation "White Dome", the Swede sends a tender letter to his wife expressing his concern about the well-being of his soon-to-be-born daughter and his admiration for his comrade, Reinhardt.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Entertainment

Here’s the English translation:

My dear Ingrid,

I know that by now you have gotten news of my injuries in our latest mission. While the descriptions may sound terrible, the doctors are quite sure I'll make a full recovery. Even Angela came to visit me! On the matter of my arm, I promise to make it my first priority to construct a suitable prosthesis that will make everyone forget that it was ever gone. If only Angela's dreams of tissue regeneration were a reality! I told her she should be working harder!

They tell me that you have not yet gone into labor, so I am holding out hope that I will be able to be by your side back home in Gothenburg when the time comes. Just wait a little longer for me!

You may have heard that Reinhardt is responsible for saving my life. I've heard the story at least four different times myself, already, each time more unbelievable than the last. Exaggerations, as you know how he can be. All the same, they've decided to award him a commendation for "conspicuous bravery." Could two words better describe the big oaf?

He has been bothering me insufferably at my bedside. Half in jest, I suggested that if it would shut him up, I would allow him to name our daughter, as he has been badgering me about it these past months. He, of course, took me at my word. Truth be told, I had been considering making him her godfather, and I hope you'll forgive me for making this decision without your consultation. We can only hope she doesn't take after him too much.

I told him that you would have to agree to any name he chose, so let’s hope it's a good one (though I fear that may be beyond his abilities, given some of the ridiculous names he gives the characters in his "true stories"). I'm getting sick of this hospital, so I am hoping to return soon.

Brigitte is a very likely candidate for the Hero 27 spot, since she's been the object of the community's speculations for a while now and she's a hero we already know. It would be interesting to see how exactly will her gameplay play out: she might combine elements from both her father, Torbjörn, and her mentor, Reinhardt.

Do you think Brigitte is the next hero to join the Overwatch cast? Or like Sarioglu, she's just a random character mentioned before the actual new hero is revealed?

Don't think it's Sarioglu. Since Jeff's mentioned it's something that has been perhaps hinted at, and we've never heard of this guy.

Don't think its Brigitte either. Seems a bit far fetched, what could she even do thematically that isn't meh. She's just like a younger version of Torbjorn, she just repairs Reinhardt's armor.

My bet is a seemingly evil omnic tank, the same model of which injured Torbjorn and took off his arm. Going a bit further to say that it's aligned itself with Talon for the time being for it's own, world-ending agenda.

17 hours ago, Slam said:

Now the speculations are: Tank, Support, defense, ... ?

Don't rememeber where I see this, but it is a anti-dive Tank. 

Just now, Syktris said:

Don't rememeber where I see this, but it is a anti-dive Tank. 

I saw quite a few speculation about either tank or heal yes. Will see soon I guess!

57 minutes ago, Slam said:

I saw quite a few speculation about either tank or heal yes. Will see soon I guess!

Yeah, I just hope the 'anti-dive' part is true tho, so tired of dive meta. 

That would make sense though... didn't they say something along the lines of new hero will be changing the meta?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

Overwatch's newest heroine will arrive on live servers next week. Looking for a guide, we already have one up!
      The latest PTR cycle ended a couple of days ago and everyone thought that perhaps Brigitte would go live this week. However, the team wasn't quite ready to push the new heroine out, so we'll see Brigitte on live servers on March 20! Check out the video for the design process behind Brigitte's art:
      Some of you might already be thinking what's next after Brigitte. Well, we know the answer: it's Hanzo's rework! Some details on his rework were already shared by Geoff Goodman a while back. It looks like the team is happy with the changes they've made to this notorious hero and after Brigitte's release, they will work on his new visual and sound effects. The Hanzo rework PTR should go live in April.
      Jeff Kaplan
      The animation, visual effects and sound work are scheduled to begin post-Brigitte release. PTR will be after that. Hoping for a PTR sometime in April. (source)
    • By Starym

Looking for a guide, we already have one!
      The Brigitte patch notes have arrived, and aside from the new Hero we also get some changes to Sombra's Hack and hit it gets and responds to interruptions, as well as the usual huge amount of bug fixes!
      March 20 (source)
      New Hero: Brigitte (Support):
      An engineer with peerless armor-constructing abilities, Brigitte Lindholm is a valiant squire who fights on the front line to protect her allies.
      Brigitte’s armor engineering capabilities make her a stalwart support hero, capable of holding her ground in combat while also providing healing and armor for her allies. Her primary weapon is her heavy-hitting Rocket Flail that she swings in a wide arc in front of her to smash multiple enemies at once. Whip Shot enables Brigitte to fling her flail forward, striking enemies at a distance and knocking them backward. With each blow, Brigitte’s passive ability, Inspire, heals nearby allies over time.
      Brigitte’s Barrier Shield deploys a frontal energy barrier that can absorb a limited amount of damage and protect any allies directly behind her. Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, she can use Shield Bash to lunge forward and stun the first enemy in her path. Drawing on her engineering prowess, Brigitte can create Repair Packs to instantly heal wounded allies or provide armor to teammates at maximum health. When Brigitte is at her strongest, she can activate her ultimate ability, Rally—a galvanizing call to arms that generates a substantial amount of armor for nearby allies and increases Brigitte’s movement speed so she can lead them into battle.
      To learn more about Brigitte, click here.
      Brigitte will be available in Competitive Play in Season 10. To learn more, click here.
      Changed the name of Junkrat’s Scarecrow spray to Hayseed Updated Mercy’s Toast victory pose HERO UPDATES
      Now goes on a 2-second cooldown when interrupted by damage Now more consistently interrupted when targets break line of sight Developer Comments: We’re also removing the 0.1 second window of time during a hack where it couldn’t be canceled via line of sight or with other abilities including Tracer’s Recall and Zarya’s Particle Barrier, which was originally put in place so the hack wouldn’t be interrupted by small objects such as light posts. We’ve implemented a separate fix for that issue, so she should still be unaffected by those small objects.
      The Team Information Screen now displays the ultimate charge of your teammates  
      Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from traveling forward if he had been hit by an enemy Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut
      Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented players from aiming Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when facing an enemy
      Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump over Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when on an incline
      Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel if he could not get close to his target
      Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut cooldown countdown from displaying if he was in a movement hindering ability (e.g. Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Junkrat’s Steel Trap)
      Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Rocket Punch cooldown to delay counting down if he was in a movement hindering ability (e.g. Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Junkrat’s Steel Trap)
      Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from hitting enemies that were close to him
      Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat’s RIP-Tire kills from being credited in the Kill Feed if the targets had a long death animation (e.g. D.Va’s Mech)
      Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s Regeneration to occur instantly if she took damage while at full health
      Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s wings to separate from her body if her Zhuque skin was equipped during her Toast victory pose
      Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Biotic Orb from receiving kill credit if it expired at the same time it killed an enemy
      Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s Fade visual effects to indicate the direction she was traveling in when she used the ability
      Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Charge from pinning enemies
      Fixed a bug that prevented the chunks from the pumpkin in Reinhardt’s Pumpkin Smash emote from appearing after he obliterated it with his Rocket Hammer
      Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to appear at the top of an opponent’s screen if he used it against an enemy Mercy when she used Valkyrie
      Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from receiving environmental kill credit if she kills an enemy using Hack
      Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Sombra to be visible to enemies without displaying a “Detected” notification during Stealth
      Fixed a bug that sometimes failed to teleport players using Symmetra’s Teleporter if they used an ability that increased their movement speed when passing through it (e.g. Doomfist’s Rocket Punch)
      Fixed a bug that caused some objects to block projectiles on Blizzard World (e.g. souvenir carts) UI
      Fixed a bug that prevented the “Restore Defaults” button from resetting all settings in the Social Options tab
      Fixed a bug that caused players to delete characters in the “Save Highlight” text box if they pressed down the delete input while their settings were below 60 FPS
      Fixed a bug that caused the user interface to indicate two control points on a single control point map when playing a custom game
      Previous live patch notes.
    • By Starym

Looking for a guide, we already have one up!
      Her gestating period on the PTR finished, Overwatch's latest support (with a hint of tank) has broken through to the live servers! It'll still take a while for her to jump into competitive play (over a month), which will make that quick play button that much more appealing now! Jeff Kaplan has mentioned this restriction on new Heroes coming into competitive might be a bit too much and they'll be keeping an eye on it:
      Here are her intro video, dev diary and abilities, in case you missed her announcement:

• By Aleco

Spotted on stream by reddit user JoeDon16 during a recent OWL match, Overwatch's unreleased replay system appears to be fully featured.
      During the broadcast for yesterday's OWL match between the San Francisco Shock and the Florida Mayhem, reddit user JoeDon16 spotted the most recent iteration of Overwatch's replay system:

A replay feature does not exist in the live build of Overwatch, and very little has been said by the Overwatch team as to how or when a replay feature might be added to the game. With that said, a replay system has been in place for OWL broadcasts since the preseason began in December, and a quick glimpse of OWL's internal replay tool might give us some clues as to features we can expect from a replay system in the live game.
      The first thing that caught my eye about this screen cap was that the replay system being used for OWL appears to be heavily optimized for competitive broadcasts. It allows users to download events logged in the game (such as kills, ultimates, etc.) from the "Combat Log" tab, presumably to be accessed later in the "Replays" tab during a dip in the action. It also has "replay length" and "replay offset" sliders at the top of the screen so that the length of the clips can be quickly modified on the fly.
      With the success of the Overwatch League, it seems unlikely that Blizzard would ever need to release a replay tool such as this one to the general public. However, the knowledge that an internal replay tool is in place for OWL broadcasts is a great sign for Overwatch fans who are hoping for a similar feature to be added to the game in a future update.
    • By Aleco

The backstory for Overwatch's newest character was filled out in today's Q&A.
      If you're interested in learning more about the backstory for Brigitte, Overwatch's newest character, look no further than today's Brigitte Story Q&A. It answers a handful of questions about Brigitte which may not have been covered in her Origin Story Video.
      Apparently, it was Reinhardt who named Brigitte. She also can't beat Zarya in an arm wrestling match, and she loves Semlor. 

Brigitte is available in all non-competitive game modes. Be sure to check out Mournflakes' Brigitte Guide if you're looking to step up your Brigitte game in time for the next competitive season!