FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Terris

Affliction problems

Greetings fellow warlocks,

I come to you for advice because i don't know how to fix my gameplay.

Basically i play destrolock because the rotation is easy an the damage is high.

My ilvl is 523 (LFR gear + upgraded timeless gear) fully gemmed/reforged/enchanted and i usually reach 120-130k as a destrolock.

However i really want to have affliction as a viable offspec for the numerous encounters where multi dotting would help me and the raid.

But my results as afliction are terrible.

On single targets, i barely pass the 80K-85k dps mark. I do not expect to reach destro lvl on single ofc but i don't want to suck completely as well.

My main problem is (or seem to be) the uptime on Haunt. In my opinion i do not generate enough Sould Shards to be able to benefit from Dark soul / trinket procs efficiently and at the same time applying haunt often enough, as i'm most of the time using the single shard i have (which seem to come VERY slowly) on Haunt and thus cannot soulburn when i have trinket/Dark soul moments.

So that's my big question : is the nightfall proc intended to leave me soulshard-starved for most of single target fights?

My second question is : how do you keep track of muli target dotting? I usually completely loose it and my dot uptime on multi target is pathetic.

Thanks for your answers smile.png

--------------------------------------------------------

armory link :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/Terris/simple

rotation used : i use the icy veins recommandation with opener, rotation and execute phase

Edited by Terris

So that's my big question : is the nightfall proc intended to leave me soulshard-starved for most of single target fights?

My second question is : how do you keep track of muli target dotting? I usually completely loose it and my dot uptime on multi target is pathetic.

You might be confused on how corruption works. It has a chance to proc Nightfall on your latest application, not per corruption on targets. This means that single target and muilti-target give the same chance to proc Nightfall.

I have this routine when multi-target where I follow my Affdots:

Soul Burn:Soul Swap to Target A, Inhale target A -> exhale target B, Inhale target B -> exhale target C, etc. There are many fights where you have to focus a target down, in this case I have that target focused and soul swap off them. With the target focused, I can see the times left on the DoTs, when they are low I just cycle through from the focus target.

Does this make sense?

Practice on a few dummies to get the feel of things.

Ya this is why aff dropped on sims: nightfall procs weren't updated to the flat 10 percent chance on last Corruption refresh.

But honestly the three specs doing well. If multidotting just look more at boss frames or tidyplates or what have you. Also, how are you out of shards? Are you SB:SS dots onto everything?

I use the icy veins recommanded opener ( CoE > Haunt > DS > SB:SS > MG > SB:SS nefore DS expires) which leaves me with 1 shard. i use this shard for a Haunt.

This is where i start getting soulshard starved on single target, because the nightfall proc feels so slow, it takes ages to have one up, which is used for haunt while i refresh dots manually.

What's going wrong?

The guide hasn't been updated in a month, apply manually and fish for procs at the start before opening up.

And yeah, the change to Soul Swap (not with Soulburn) takes some time to get used to for multidot.