FORUMS
Asakurato

Tooltip problem

Recently, I started having problems with site tooltips as shown on screenshot (there is no backroung in tooltips, just text). It used to work just fine. I'm using Opera browser. On Edge, it works fine. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Asakurato
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Asakurato said:

Recently, I started having problems with site tooltips as shown on screenshot (there is no backroung in tooltips, just text). It used to work just fine. I'm using Opera browser. On Edge, it works fine. 

Will let Damien know, thanks!

I've installed Opera on my windows machine and am not experiencing any problem with the tooltips. Could you please right click anywhere on the page and choose "inspect". In the window that appears, go to the "Console" tab, and try getting a tooltip to display. Please tell me if the console says anything.

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

I've installed Opera on my windows machine and am not experiencing any problem with the tooltips. Could you please right click anywhere on the page and choose "inspect". In the window that appears, go to the "Console" tab, and try getting a tooltip to display. Please tell me if the console says anything.

Something like this. Tried disabling adblocker, still same.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the screenshot, I was able to identify the cause of the issue.

We serve the CSS (to style the D3 tooltips) directly from battle.net: https://us.battle.net/d3/static/css/tooltips.css. This URL recently changed to https://us.diablo3.com/static/css/tooltips.css. I wasn't aware of that, so we kept linking to the old battle.net-hosted CSS. Blizzard correctly set up a 301-redirect to the new URL. The problem is that the redirection is served with a text/html content-type, and not a text/css content-type, as Opera is expecting and this is why the browser is complaining and not letting the CSS load. I must have a different version of it or different settings, because my installation is not complaining.

I can't blame Blizzard for this, as most web servers use a text/html content-type for a 301-redirect.

In any case, I simply changed things on our end to directly link to the CSS hosted on diablo3.com, which should solve all issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Thanks for the screenshot, I was able to identify the cause of the issue.

We serve the CSS (to style the D3 tooltips) directly from battle.net: https://us.battle.net/d3/static/css/tooltips.css. This URL recently changed to https://us.diablo3.com/static/css/tooltips.css. I wasn't aware of that, so we kept linking to the old battle.net-hosted CSS. Blizzard correctly set up a 301-redirect to the new URL. The problem is that the redirection is served with a text/html content-type, and not a text/css content-type, as Opera is expecting and this is why the browser is complaining and not letting the CSS load. I must have a different version of it or different settings, because my installation is not complaining.

I can't blame Blizzard for this, as most web servers use a text/html content-type for a 301-redirect.

In any case, I simply changed things on our end to directly link to the CSS hosted on diablo3.com, which should solve all issues.

Very big thanks, everything works now!

• Like 2