FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

How do I make a macro in World of Warcraft?

Macros, while simple for some, can be pretty daunting for those that haven't ventured into their vast potential before. We’ve put together a list of the different styles of macro you can make, as well as what they all do. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran of the macro world, hopefully you can learn something from the post!

What is a "macro"?

A macro, in terms of World of Warcraft, allows you to simplify your playstyle by binding multiple or single, lengthy actions to a single, spammable button. While there are addons that can influence how macros are made, they can be used without any external programs - you just need to tell the interface exactly what you want to happen.

The multiple action macros are most often used to make your rotation in-game easier, possibly by putting your numerous cooldowns into a single button to be used when needed. For those that trust their macro-writing skills fully, there is also the potential for single-button rotation macros, which we will explain later.

The single action macros are normally used to execute a long command that you don't want to type out constantly, such as a camera-zoom command or an emote that you wish to use in the heat of the moment. 

What can a macro do?

Macros are able to do anything that the Blizzard console will allow them to do. A macro will execute a command based on what is written inside its text box; however, you can't just write anything and hope it will work! You'll need to talk to the macro in a way that it will understand. While we will go over the more in-depth stuff later, for now, we'll just stick with the base commands of macro.

• /cast - A macro can cast a spell from your character's spellbook.
  • /use - A macro can use any item that you currently have equipped (including Engineering enchantments) or that is in your bags.
  • /say - A macro can say anything you want, in any chat window that you want.
  • /console - A macro can give commands directly to the Blizzard console.
  • /target - A macro can be used to target a specific NPC or player.
  • /castsequence - A macro can be used to create a rotation cast sequence.

There is a much larger list of "slash commands" that you can find elsewhere, but these are the main ones that will feature in macros used by players. Other slash commands can include disbanding and leaving guilds, leaving chat channels, setting raid functions and more, things that you most likely will not need to have in a macro.

How do I make a macro?

Since this is a post that I hope can help people of all levels of knowledge, we're going to start right at the beginning and work our way up to the more complex pieces. For now, let's begin with creating our macro in the macro-window.

Creating a new macro

1. Type /macro into your chat box. A window will open with two tabs - General Macros and CharacterName Specific Macros.
  2. Choose which style of macro you would like to create. A general macro can be seen on any character on your account, while specific ones only appear on that character.
  3. Once you have selected the tab you want, click the "New" button.
  4. Decide on a name and icon for your macro - you can choose whatever you feel suits the Macro best. Note: You can also use the "#showtooltip" command that we describe later for your icon.
  5. Once you are happy with your choice, press Okay. Your macro tab should now look something like this, with your chosen icon and name:

gSNd50Z.png

Great job! You're now ready to turn this blank slate into the perfect macro that will fulfill every hope and dream you've ever had! You can start typing into the empty "Enter Macro Commands" box with whatever you want, but in order to make a functional macro, you'll need to use some commands.

Click on whichever command you'd like to learn about first:

If you can think of another type of macro you would like covered, just let me know in the replies.

#showtooltip

This is a unique command for the macro since, as you've probably already noticed, it isn't a slash command. "#showtooltip" is used to simply make the icon selection phase somewhat easier. 

As you may have noticed, there are thousands of possible icons to choose from when creating your macro and finding that perfect one can be pretty difficult. Instead, this command allows you to simply select a tooltip based on any existing tooltip in the game - all you need is the name. To do so, you should write the following at the start of your macro:

#showtooltip Insert Name Here

For example, if I wanted to have a macro for my cooldowns to be used, I would use the tooltip of Pillar of Frost, a Frost Death Knight spell. I would have the first line of my macro like this:

#showtooltip Pillar of Frost

It's important to note that you need to write the spell name exactly as the game does, but capital letters do not matter. The following variations would all work, since they are all written as they are in the spellbook:

• pillar of frost
  • PILLAR OF FROST
  • piLLar of FROST

The same thing can be done for any other tooltip, such as items. If you write "#showtooltip" followed by nothing, it will show the tooltip of the first item or spell in the macro.

/cast

The /cast command is by far the most used command in macro creation, since it encompasses all spell-related macros that a player might need. In order to tell your macro to cast a spell, you'll need to write the following:

/cast Insert Spell Name Here

When you press this macro, you will cast the spell you have named at your current target. For example, if you create the following macro with a training dummy selected,

/cast Howling Blast

you will cast Howling Blast, a Frost Death Knight spell, at the training dummy. If you wish to cast a targetless spell, such as a personal cooldown, you can apply it in the same way. For example, if you want to use Pillar of Frost, you would use the same macro, but with the different name substituted, like so:

/cast Pillar of Frost

While it's great to add spells to your macro, just having one spell doesn't make much sense, since it provides no benefit over simply putting the spell on your action bar. It's far more useful to add two or more spells, like so:

/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Obliteration

You now have two abilities bound to one button, which can be used together to provide a large boost in damage output, rather than using them individually. Not only does this free up some space on your action bar, it means you have one less button to worry about.

It's important to note that this combination only works because neither spell is on the global cooldown (GCD). If two spells that are used are on the GCD, only one will cast. The macro will go in the order that it is written, meaning the first line will cast and the rest will never be used.

Now that we know how to make a basic cast macro, it's time to start throwing in some more complicated bits in the format of target modifiers.

Target Modifiers in /cast Macros

While it's great that we can cast spells on ourselves and our selected target, macros have a much larger scope of possibility. You can make the target of your spells change based on the macro, the key that you press and even where your mouse is positioned. We'll go over each of the different types and how to implement them.

[@unit]

The [@unit] modifier allows you to change who the spell is going to be cast on. While the general term for it is the unit-modifier, you'll never actually write [@unit] in your macro. Instead, you will need to replace "unit" with the target that you want it to be cast on. 

First, we'll look at how to format this style of macro, and then look at your options for targeting. In order to create a macro with a unit-modifier, we'll use the /cast example we made above using Howling Blast:

/cast [@unit] Howling Blast

The above example will cast Howling Blast at whatever unit you wish to cast it on, depending on what you fill the unit-modifier with. Your options for hostile units are as follows:

• [@target] - this will cast the spell at your current target, but it is not necessary since almost every spell defaults to casting on your target anyway. 
  • [@name] - this will cast the spell on the named player, but you will need to replace "name" with the actual character name of the player.
  • [@player] - this will cast the spell on the current player, meaning you.
  • [@pet] - this will cast the spell on your pet.
  • [@focus] - this will cast the spell on your current focus.
  • [@mouseover] - this will cast the spell on whatever target your mouse is currently hovering over, or was last hovering over.
  • [@targettarget] - this will cast the spell on the target of your current target.

While there are more options for targeting modifiers, these are the main ones that you will need. 

An example of a "finished" macro that uses everything we have learnt so far would be as such:

/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast [@focus] Obliterate

This macro would show the tooltip of Pillar of Frost on my bars. When I use it, it will use my offensive cooldown, Pillar of Frost, and use Obliterate on my focus target, regardless of whether I had them directly targeted or not. After using it, it would show the cooldown of Pillar of Frost remaining, since it is the first spell in the macro. 

Now that we are familiar with how to add a target, we can move on to adding modifiers that let us target different enemies with the same macro.

Target Modifiers with [mod] Brackets

In the event that you might need to cast the same spell on different targets, you can always use the same macro with another modifier added in. The [mod] modifier will allow you to specify another key, such as the Ctrl key, that, when pressed at the same time as the macro, will change the target of the spell in your macro. For example, if I wanted a macro that would cast Obliterate on my target when I only press the macro, but would cast it on my focus when I also press Ctrl, it would look like this:

/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus][]Obliterate

As you may have noticed, there is an empty set of square brackets after the [mod] bracket. This lets the game know that, if I do not meet my first conditions (pressing Ctrl for the [mod] bracket), it should cast Obliterate normally. 

These [mod] brackets can be used for any of the targets that you saw above, as well as for any suitable key on your keyboard. Some potential examples are as follows:

• [mod:alt,@targettarget] - in the macro above, this would cause us to cast Obliterate on the target of our target when we press the Alt key with the macro.
  • [mod:shift,@mouseover] - in the macro above, this would cause us to cast Obliterate on the target we are currently hovering over with our mouse when we press the Shift key with the macro.
  • [mod:shiftalt,@focus] - in the macro above, this would cause us to cast Obliterate on our focus target when we press the Shift and Alt keys together with the macro.

Now that we know how to modify our selections, it's worth knowing how we can also restrict our macro automatically, so that it understands that it can't cast certain spells on certain targets. It's time for status modifiers!

Target Modifiers with Status Modifiers

Status modifiers essentially allow you to change the effect of a macro based on what is present. For example, a macro could cast a different spell depending on if your target is friendly or hostile. This is done in a very similar way to what we had before with the [mod] brackets. We'll use the example of two spells from Death Knight again, Gorefiend's Grasp and Death Grip:

/cast [harm] Death Grip
/cast [help] Gorefiend's Grasp

In this example, my character will cast Death Grip if they are targeting a hostile enemy and will cast Gorefiend's Grasp if they are targeting a friendly. When targeting a hostile, it will show the cooldown remaining for Death Grip, but will show the cooldown of Gorefiend's Grasp when targeting a friendly. 

This effect and others can be achieved by using the following status modifiers:

• [harm] - this will only cast when targeting a hostile enemy.
  • [help] - this will only cast when targeting a friendly.
  • [dead] - this will only cast when targeting a dead target, hostile or friendly.

These can all be combined with what we learnt above with [mod] brackets, meaning you can change the effect based on what buttons you press. In our example above, Gorefiend's Grasp is only being used on friendly targets, despite being able to be used on either friendly or hostile targets. We can add a [mod] bracket to add in the possibility of using it on either, like this:

/cast [nomod,harm] Death Grip
/cast [mod:ctrl,harm] Gorefiend's Grasp
/cast [nomod,help] Gorefiend's Grasp

It's important that we add the [nomod] section to the first line - if we don't, we will cast Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp, even when we press Ctrl + the macro. [nomod] lets the macro know that we only want it to cast Death Grip when nothing else is pressed with it. 

Like before, we can see the cooldowns of the spells if we meet the conditions of the macro. If you select an enemy with no buttons pressed, you will see the cooldown remaining on Death Grip. If you press Ctrl, but do not press the macro, it will show you the cooldown remaining on Gorefiend's Grasp. 

Now that we know how to work with different targeting options in macros, we can move on to /use macros.

/use

The /use macro generally implies that it is an item that is not native to your class, meaning that it does not exist in your spellbook, but exists elsewhere on your character, either as something you have equipped or that is in your bags.

To add a /use section to your macro, you just need to add a line as follows:

/use Insert Name Here

If you wanted to create a macro that used your offensive cooldowns along with a potion, you could create this macro:

#showtooltip
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use Potion of the Old War

This macro would show us the tooltip of Pillar of Frost (since we have no specific tooltip selected), cast Pillar of Frost and use one Potion of the Old War at the same time. On our bars, it would show only the cooldown of Pillar of Frost, since it is the first spell in the macro. If we were to swap their position, we would see the cooldown of the Potion instead.

Items in /use Macros

If you instead wanted to use an item, such as a trinket, in your macro, you would follow exactly the same process of putting the name into the macro. An example, which would add the Horn of Valor trinket to our Macro, would be as follows:

#showtooltip
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use Horn of Valor

While this certainly works, it only works if you keep that trinket equipped. As soon as you replace your trinket, it will need to be changed to the new name in the macro. To avoid this, you can instead use the following macro:

#showtooltip
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use 13

This macro will use the 13th item slot on your character, which is your first trinket slot. On my character, that is where my Horn of Valor is. This means you can use the macro regardless of which on-use trinket you have equipped.

If you want to add any other items, these are the numbers to use in your macro:

• /use 1 - Head
  • /use 2 - Neck
  • /use 3 - Shoulder
  • /use 5 - Chest
  • /use 6 - Belt
  • /use 7 - Legs
  • /use 8 - Feet
  • /use 9 - Wrist
  • /use 10 - Gloves
  • /use 11 - First Ring
  • /use 12 - Second Ring
  • /use 13 - First Trinket
  • /use 14 - Second Trinket

Note that putting these in your macro without a usable item in those slots will do nothing at all.

/say

While the /say macro isn't always the most helpful, it can definitely be useful in some situations. To make a speech macro, you just need to input whatever channel you wish to put your text in, followed by the text you want to say. For example:

/s I need help with something. Is anyone free?

This would put the following text into the /say channel: "I need help with something. Is anyone free?"

If I wanted to yell it instead, I would just change the slash command at the front to /y, like this:

/y I need help with something. Is anyone free?

You can do this with almost every chat channel and, whenever you press the macro, it will post your message in the respective chat channel. These are the possible channels you can use it in:

• /s - /say, which is readable by the players in your immediate vicinity.
  • /g - /guild, which is readable by all players online in your guild.
  • /p - /party, which is readable by all players online in your party.
  • /w PlayerName - /whisper, which is readable by the player you whisper it to.
  • /1 - the default option for general chat, which is readable by all players in your zone.
  • /2 - the default option for trade chat, which is readable by all players in major cities.
  • /3 - the default option for local defense, which is readable by all players in your zone.

Note: if you do not put a slash command, the macro will try to post your text in whichever channel you last posted in, if it is still available. The default upon log in is /say.

Speaking with Spells

This style of macro is mostly used for players that wish to recruit for their guild, but do not want to type out their message each time, but that isn't the only way of using this style of macro. Some players like to use speech in their spell macros to add an extra special effect to their macro. To do so, you just need to add a macro line like we created above:

/cast Rune Tap
/y I never die!

This macro will cast my Rune Tap spell while also shouting the phrase, "I never die!". You can insert whichever speech macro you wish in place of my /y entry.

Keep in mind that the macro will say it every time you press the button, meaning that if you are someone that spams buttons, you will find yourself shouting this phrase multiple times, which could irritate your party/raid members.

/console

We're now moving away from the custom macros and moving towards a slightly more rigid style of command - /console commands directly tell the Blizzard console what you want to happen, normally to change a part of the UI. It can be much more difficult to construct your own macro here, since you need far more in-depth knowledge of how the console works.

Useful Console Commands

We've put together a list of some of the more useful console commands that players might want to keep in their macro list, since they either belong to UI Interface options that were removed from the game menu or are quality-of-life changes that some might find useful. 

• /console scriptErrors 0 - This will remove all Lua Error notifications from displaying.
  • /console scriptErrors 1 -This will enable Lua Error notifications.
  • /console ActionCam full - This will enable the Action Camera setting. 
  • /console ActionCam off - This will disable the Action Camera setting.
  • /console autoQuestWatch 0 - This will disable automatic quest tracking.
  • /console autoQuestWatch 1 - This will enable automatic quest tracking.

/run

In the console command section, you can also use the "/run" command to do a similar thing, but with far more parameters included. Below are some macros that you can use to mount up on random mounts depending on your preference.

If you want to mount up on a random ground mount, you can use this macro:

/run local j,t,_=C_MountJournal,{}for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and bit.band(select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i)),230)==230 then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])

While that macro is excellent, there's an "upgraded" version that will mount you on a random flying mount if it is possible to fly, otherwise it will mount you on a ground mount:

/run local j,t,b=C_MountJournal,{},0+SecureCmdOptionParse"[flyable]248;230"for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and bit.band(select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i)),b)==b then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])

The possibilities are close to limitless when it comes to console command macros, but it can (as you can see above) become very complicated to make them. Players often create these macros to bypass Blizzard's tracking systems and instead return simple answers as to whether they have or have not completed an objective. We'll try to update this thread with additional macros that players use, but for now, the majority of the "objective check" macros have been replaced by Blizzard tracking systems that show what you need to know already.

/target

Target commands are an interesting style of macro, since the /cast commands can often replace the functionality of a target macro pretty quickly. There are still a few niche uses for it though, so we'll go over those and how to construct a /target macro.

In order to target something, you'll just need to type the following into your macro:

/target Insert Unit Name

This will just make a named unit your current target. While /cast macros will cast a spell at the specified unit, this will actually target them and keep them as your target unless you tell the console not to anymore.

So, why do this if you can just use a /cast macro?

Well, these macros can become particularly useful if you are searching for a particular NPC that you can't find in an area. A good example is if you are searching for a particular type of pet that you want to tame as a Hunter, let's say the yellow version of the Fire Spiders - there are three forms that are tamable, two of which are in the same location. You can make the following macro to find the non-rare version, which shares exactly the same look as the rare one:

/target Cinderweb Creeper

You can now run around the Molten Front, spamming this macro until you eventually target one of these NPCs. If you have the target option enabled on your map, you'll be able to see exactly where it is and go tame your new pet.

This style of macro is also useful if you are trying to find someone in a very busy area, either a player or NPC. If it is a player, you can just type their name as you would an NPC's name. 

PvP Target Macros

The most useful form of target macros are normally created for PvP, since you often do not have the time available to be clicking or tabbing through different targets trying to find your intended enemy or friendly.

While you can use /cast macros to stun or interrupt other targets without having to target them, sometimes it is important to be able to target an enemy and stay on them for a period of time, rather than just using one spell on them. In this case, we are going to use "target arena" macros.

Each player in an arena has a designated "number" in the console - when you enter an arena, the small focus portraits that appear designate their position in the number list. 

Zkqi9gw.png

In the above example, the Paladin would be "1" in the list, while the Warrior would be "2". This means that, with their assigned number, we can make a target macro that lets you immediately swap between arena targets, regardless of who they are.

To make a target macro for arena, you will write the following:

/target arena#

In the example above, you will replace the "#" with their value in the list. This means that, in the example above, if you wanted a macro that targeted the Paladin, you would have this:

/target arena1

You can also use this style of macro to create focus targets for the focus macros we made to work. If you wanted to focus our Warrior, you would write:

/focus arena2

This can obviously become very space-consuming, so you can also use some of the [mod] brackets that we learnt before to condense things into one macro. For example:

/target [nodmod] arena1
/focus [mod:shift] arena1

This macro would make you target the paladin if you only press the macro, but it would focus the Paladin if you press shift with the macro.

You can play around with the "arena#" target in your /cast macros too - you just need to fill in the brackets with [@arena#], with their designated number. Since this can get somewhat confusing, however, I'd recommend sticking to focus-cast macros and using the macros we just outlined to change your focus as you need to.

/castsequence

Our last section is arguably the most complex - the rotational cast sequence macro. There are macros that can technically be made to do your entire rotation in one button, admittedly not at any top-tier level of DPS, but still capable of putting out some damage. 

In order to create a cast sequence, you need to understand that some abilities share the global cooldown, as well as that some have cooldowns. This means you need to account for this in your cast sequence, so that you don't get stuck trying to cast one spell at the start of your macro.

For now, we're going to stick to the "basics", which involves these commands:

• /castsequence - This lets the game know you are going to be creating a cast sequence in your macro.
  • reset= - This lets the game know when it should return to the start of your sequence.

So, let's begin our sequence using the Frost Death Knight spells, Howling Blast, Frost Strike and Obliterate. You'll want to format your macro like this, for now:

/castsequence Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike

This macro, when pressed three times, will cast Howling Blast, Obliterate and then Frost Strike. If you continue pressing it, it will keep casting those spells in that order, returning to the start after it has used Frost Strike.

This will continue until you run out of runes, at which point you will have to wait for the cooldown of the runes to trigger. If you run out of runes on Obliterate, you cannot cast Frost Strike by pressing the macro again. It will not allow you to, even if you have the Runic Power required to do so, since the game will always follow the sequence.

Due to this same problem, you cannot put Frost Strike as your first ability. If you do, your macro will never do anything, since you start a fight with 0 Runic Power. This means you cannot cast Frost Strike and the sequence will never begin.

What you can do is include a reset function, which we mentioned above. This allows you to force the sequence back to the beginning or after a certain amount of time. You can do this to allow yourself to go back and use another spell, if you get stuck in the sequence. A reset is included like this:

/castsequence reset=shift Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike

This macro will allow you to restart your sequence by pressing shift, which means that, if you get stuck, you can start over. Now, in this example, our reset doesn't help us much, since we have resources affecting all of our chosen spells. A better example would be the Fire Mage, which uses no diminishing resource other than mana, which doesn't actually go anywhere given their low mana costs. 

Let's make a Fire Mage sequence:

/castsequence Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames

In this, we can perfectly chain our opening sequence, which alternates between the guaranteed critical strikes that Combustion provides. Each spell here will trigger a heating up or instant pyroblast proc, which is converted or used by each spell. The sequence can continue until you run out of charges on FB/PF, which both have 3 charges. Perfect, right?

Now that we have this great sequence, we can try it out in game, but what about our reset function? Well, let's say we are using the Controlled Burn talent:

When you gain Heating Up, you have a 20% chance to instantly activate Hot Streak.

Now that puts a bit of a problem here. If our first Pyroblast triggers this talent, the next Fire Blast will be wasted. That's where the reset could come in handy!

If we put a reset function into the macro, we could return to the start of the macro at any time and use that instant Pyroblast, starting our sequence again. This new macro would look like this:

/castsequence reset=shift Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames

We can now reset with Shift, as we did on our Death Knight. 

Now, this only works for our burst section of the fight where we have guaranteed crits on our Pyroblast. This won't work for the whole fight, but it gives an idea of how the /castsequence macros work. There are far more complex possibilities, but these require more in-depth knowledge and external programs. The most useful would be GSE, which you can download here.

With this, you can make full rotational macros, but definitely be ready to put in some time into perfecting it! If you need a rotation that you can put into your macro, you can check out any of our class guides for rotations to use. 

• Thanks 1

Hello 
im trying in 8.0 to do the example from your text. 

/cast Pillar of Frost

But is seams that it doesn't work.. is there any other way?

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2018 at 12:53 AM, fitsou said:

Hello 
im trying in 8.0 to do the example from your text. 

/cast Pillar of Frost

But is seams that it doesn't work.. is there any other way?

Yeah, i think this is the good old "on  GCD (Global Cooldown)"-Story. As he wrote this marco, Pillar of Frost wasn't on GCD. This means: You could use Obliterate and Pillar of Frost "simultaniously". With BFA-Prepatch, Blizzard changed alot of this CD and put them on GCD. Spells on GCD can't be used simultaniously. You can put them in a macro, but you have to use castsequence and hit the button multiple times.

@Blainie:
Perhaps its a good idea to use examples with unexisting spells (spell1 and spell2). Otherwise people can get confused if spells doesn't exists anymore or (as we see now) macros are not running anymore? But yeah, i really don't know it is worth to update all examples thus ? .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made a macro to use recklessness with siegebreaker on my Fury Warrior, because they line up and it would make for a really good opener 

this is how I wrote the macro, it isnt casting siegebreaker like it should. if anyone sees something I am doing wrong please help me.

/#showtooltip Recklessness
/castsequence Recklessness, Siegebreaker
/cast Siegebreaker
Siegebreaker will cast the first time but it wont cast again until Recklessness is off cooldown I have tried it with the bottom line deleted also. I have put /use in the siegebreaker line and still isnt working any advise would be appreciated.

Edited by Drexden
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

/#showtooltip Recklessness
/castsequence Recklessness, 14, Siegebreaker, Siegebreaker, Siegebreaker

I figured it out just have to use commas and keep repeating the one thats off cooldown sounds crazy but it works

• Like 1

Would it be possible to make the Death Grip/Gorefiend's Grasp macro in a way that, while we do have an enemy targeted, mousing over a party member would cause it to be cast on the party member instead?

On 6/3/2019 at 4:10 AM, Kindablu3 said:

Would it be possible to make the Death Grip/Gorefiend's Grasp macro in a way that, while we do have an enemy targeted, mousing over a party member would cause it to be cast on the party member instead?

If you use a mouseover macro it should prefer your mouseover target over your selected target, and then finally yourself if you have no mouseover target and no selected target.

Edited by Storm

Guest KrT

Hey 

I've got a question 

Once I had a macro for pala with turn evil 

That macro was specific it targeted by itself an undead or a demon 

I lost that because server went down and I didn't save it 

Now I'm trying to come out with it again but I can't do it :/ 

it looks like that :

/targetenemy [@undead] [@demon] 

/cast turn evil 

but the problem is it targets everything that is harmful and idk how to rule out humanoids and beast and so on in this macro can u help me with that ? 

I noticed this thread popped up when I googled how to build a sequence macro.  I am currently trying to setup a sequence macro for my warlock in order to do trash packs using the following:

Trash Mobs - packs of 3

Seed  
Haunt
Ua 
Agony 

Then tab target to next mob in order to apply Ua and Agony

I realize I need a separate key for the UA and Agony but really need some help seeing about how to set it up.  I have only done simple macros with only a couple of skills on them that do not conflict with one another, for instance I use the #showtooltip, then /cast (talent with a cooldown), then /case (or use) something that is instant cast.

First, I need to know if its possible with the current Bliz global cooldown setup and, if so, how well would it work if at all?  This will be my very first attempt at a complex macro.  I have used the gnome sequencer program with some lazy macros, but so many of them don't really do what I am wanting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Friedbones

Guest Frank

Hi... I am writing this message in purpose as a guest hoping that you will read it and not post it publicly..

I am an old guy with virtually no computer knowledge and resulting to a nasty cancer have some limitations such as lack of coordination and concentration

At this time I am using a regular mouse for direction and a mini keyboard for the buttons

I have a Hunter and an Shaman at level 185+

Until now I have used the One button macro from GSE + a couple more buttons but I am now seriously strugling with Torghast and I dont beleive that this set up will allow me to move forward

I need to find someone who would be willing to create the appropriate macros for which I would be glad to remunerate (by Paypal or other) this person for the service accordingly

Also it has been a long and lonely journey and now I would like to find some friendly people who are playing casual+ style "during the Day using voice com" ... I am open to any suggestions such as going back to do old dungeons or even helping someone who is having hard time leveling

I am grafefull for your assistance

You can reach me at : [email protected] or preferrably for a voice conversation on Legacy5510 Discord : https://discord.gg/4ZzeGPNCS5