FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

What hearthstone class do you play?

Now that more of my friends have managed to get into the beta I have managed to notice a general pattern.

The majority of players (of course there are exceptions) seem to choose their own WoW "main class as their "main" class in hearthstone as well.

Although this probably isn't a revelation by any means I took a look at my class levels in hearthstone a bit more closely and noticed that all of the characters I have hardly played in WoW are really low in Hearthstone as well.

In WoW I hardly play melee classes and my highest warlock has only ever reached level 42, and in hearthstone the warrior rogue and by far my lowest level classes as well.

Any else similar? Or am I just being a bit odd?

I wouldn't say that's odd, some people have an affinity for certain classes by feel/lore alone.  I play a warlock in WoW right now and that's what I started with in Hearthstone, but shaman also really grew on me.  That's what I charged up to 3 star Diamond with and am still seeing great success with.

I suppose it's the "go with what you know".

My main is a priest in WoW and I started with the Priest in hearthstone as well.

Maybe it's the affinity with the spells you play in game (even if the majority of them are only really similar in name)!

Being that my warrior has been my class since day one and I, naturally, went with the Warrior class in Hearthstone... I would agree. Most folks tend to stick with what they know and favor their "main" race.

• Like 1

I main a Druid in WoW and Warrior is one of the few classes I haven't gotten to 90, but have mainly been playing a Warrior in Hearthstone. The theme of playing as Garrosh is fantastic and the deck is great fun to use with all the weapons and the diverse control toolkit.

Out of curiosity Tazaret did you try your druid first?

Not sure why but I have really struggled to get into my warrior (even though I have managed to gain a few cool cards including a gold version of Gorehowl and Armoursmith!).

I got all classes to 10 for the gold and to learn the different decks, and made custom decks for every class I would have been potentially interested in. My Druid deck is pretty good, I've had good results with it, but it's a little light on the "control" aspect. It's more of a bursty deck. The goal is to get as many cards out as you can and overwhelm your opponent.