FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Demyndra

What would you do?

Just a thread I thought could be fun, especially with how creative certain people can be.

If you could change/add one, and only one, thing/spell in the next xpac for each spec, what would it be?  It doesn't have to be viable, doesn't need to game breaking, just something that could/would be fun or interesting.

I think it would be neat if:

Affliction - Accelerated Affliction: All DoTs tick at 4x the normal speed, until duration expires.  Locks you out of casting your dots for 3-4 seconds.  1 min CD

Like the druid Genesis spell.  I think this would be kinda cool, might really only be viable for PvP for that bit of burst when someone is low, but still could be fun/different/interesting.

Demonology - Demonic Synergy: You and your pet become linked via fel tether, increasing damage done by 3% for 2 seconds every 2 seconds, stacking up to 10 times..  During this time you and your pet take 15% more damage and you must be within 10 yards of your minion.  3min CD.

Since Demo is about the pet why not supe it up for a bit, and move into melee range!

Destruction - Glyph of Raging Inferno:  Your Rain of Fire is replaced by Raging Inferno.  Raging Inferno leaves a fiery void zone on the ground for 8 seconds after being cast, doing X damage every second and slowing the target's movement speed by 30%.  Max of 3 zones.  Passive.

For the class as a whole: Synergies with spec/pet like the old days.

Affliction - Felhunter more damage per dot on the target

Demo - Felguard

Destruction - Imp generates embers/deals more damage with your mastery

Affliction: Drain Soul can be channeled while moving (KJC).

Demo: Demon form 100% like druids.

Destruction: Bring back netherward.

Tri spec, hands down my biggest wish.  I don't want to be great at two specs and ignore the 3rd.. and try as I might.. I never spec that 3rd spec enough to get good at it (looking your way affliction).  I understand they still want a choice in role, but for pures, there is no reason why we should not be able to flop between all specs as quickly as dual spec.

For locks in general....  

I really would like Afflictions filler to go back to Shadow Bolt.  I have never been sold on teh channel filler.. did not like that change at all and its what killed Affliction for me.  The new Soul Swap is a huge step forward and may save teh spec for me... but leave the draining to the execute if you want, but don't change the whole spec to a drain spec because people thought the execute was neat.

Demo I love the way they have it.  Meta being a stance you go into for dmg and burst, love it.  Would like them to bake in the T152p or address the opening lack of fury issue, outside of that i think its set in a good place for general feel of play.  One change I would like to see is some sort of haste scaling for ToC.

Destro as well, really like its evolution and where it is.  I would like to see them address how Backdraft works so we do not have similar issues with haste scaling moving forward...lots of room to change this..while keeping the nature of the passive.  I really like Sac for destro, i think it feels more natural to sac your pet for stronger nukes.  I know we are a pet class, but for destro it does not feel to fit as well.  That said, I like the mechanic they had several years ago with Imp proccing Molten Core.. and if they are determined to keep us using our pets and remove GoSac.... then this is the direction I would like to see it taken.   All 3 specs can have "pet procs" to keep things fresh.,

My wish list - which I'm pretty confident could actually work.

Affliction - bring back Shadow Bolt.  Make me and my Felpuppy friends again by giving him an Affliction only buff ensuring he is the absolute best pet to bring.  Get rid of Soul Shards.  Haunt goes on a 2 charge system like Conflagrate allowing you to burst or sustain overall.  Seed of Corruption will automatically be empowered every 15 seconds as if Soulburn was active now.  Make Nightfall as it used to where it gives a free, instant Shadow Bolt. 

Demonology - remove Wild Imps.  They're annoyingly difficult to balance and prepare.  Make GoServ AND GoSupr baseline (I'm thinking Wrathguard damage as high as BM pets are now, make Demo a REAL demon based spec).  Give a glyph that gives the choice of Metamorphosis on demand or the old 30 second duration back (fixes opener but still gives flexibility).  Make the Felguard/Wrathguard powerful enough that he is always the best option (currently ok). 

Destruction - bring back Improved Soul Fire to provide SOME complexity to Destruction.  Make Soul Fire take 5.0 seconds to cast so it's not useable normally (except to precast or if you're really really bad at the game) but instant on Imp Firebolt proc (makes Imp absolute best pet to use).  Induce a charge system for Fire and Brimstone (it's grossly overpowered) but make it not cost Burning Embers.  Give a glyph to give the option of Bane of Havoc (think Dragon Soul style) or the current Havoc.  I want a real choice of cleaving.

Overall - bring back 71 point talent trees.  I want to decide if Immolate ticks harder or if Soul Fire has a lesser cast bar.  I want to decide if I want Fel Synergy or more mana back via Life Tap.  I want REAL customization.  Make Spirit give something.  Anything.  Give the same treatment to Mages.  Tired of having loot options so limited compared to Shadow Priests.

Oh, and I want blue fire.

Well that's just greedy

Especially after we just got green fire after all these years... May as well ask for the female demon form while you're at it.

What lore would support blue fire anyway?

What I want is blue smoke flares...and the ability to make red ones.

Anyone who just did the green fire quest to get green fire just missed the joke about blue fire.  Right over all of you guys' heads. 

You all should really pay attention to the things Blizzard puts in around you.  You'd be delighted to find out all the things that are said in the background most don't pay attention to.

Anyone who just did the green fire quest to get green fire just missed the joke about blue fire.  Right over all of you guys' heads. 

You all should really pay attention to the things Blizzard puts in around you.  You'd be delighted to find out all the things that are said in the background most don't pay attention to.

Enlighten us! (That's why we have people like you!) lol

The "Annoying Imp" mechanic that stuns you?  Every time he stuns you he says something that mocks us warlocks in general.  One of those things is...... I'll let you guess.

Seriously, watch a video and pay attention to what all those Wild Imps say.  I won't ruin it for you.

Affliction: Go back to the old shard system where Haunt is just an ability. Make something else shard-based for fun (super speed MG or some sort of super shadow bolt). Also, better AoE please. CoE sucks.

Demo: Start us with 500 or 600 fury, enough to do an opener for 20 seconds, and give Felguard two abilities, one that's badass single target damage and then Felstorm for AoE.

Destro: Give us a glyph for the old Havoc functionality

I wish there was a level 90 talent that allows us to instantly fill our resource bars (shards, embers, demonic fury). There's nothing I hate more than a sudden AFK when I have full embers. The cooldown would of course be something like 5 minutes though.

I wish there was a level 90 talent that allows us to instantly fill our resource bars (shards, embers, demonic fury). There's nothing I hate more than a sudden AFK when I have full embers. The cooldown would of course be something like 5 minutes though.

Neat concept, but there'd have to be a penalty.  It'd either only be able to be used out of combat (pre-pull) or you'd have to give up Dark Soul.  No way you could just have a "Lay on Hands" version of your resource.