FORUMS
Stretch

Website Flashing White

Hey there guys,

I've noticed the each time I click a link in the Hearthstone Class Cards section, the website flashes white before loading the page.  This has actually begun to bother my eyes, so I thought i'd report it here.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Stretch

On 3/10/2018 at 6:35 PM, Stretch said:

Hey there guys,

I've noticed the each time I click a link in the Hearthstone Class Cards section, the website flashes white before loading the page.  This has actually begun to bother my eyes, so I thought i'd report it here.

Thanks for your help!

Will let Damien know, but could you give a bit more information on your setup?

Which browser, which OS, for example? Are you using any addons or extensions in your browser?

Hello @Stretch!

Thanks for the feedback. As Blainie pointed out, we will need to know which OS and browser you are using, before starting our investigation.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for both of your responses. I'm using Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (64-bit) on OS X Yosemite (Version 10.10.5).

My first add-on is No-Squint. I also have Ad-block plus installed, but have noticed that it does not prevent ads from running on the Icy Veins website.

I'd appreciate your help!

Best,

Miguel

Hey, i have some white flashing thing in my Firefox 58.0.2, Win 8.1, too. But i also checked all for Google Chrome and for Opera and there all looks a bit different, without something white. :)

Edited by Lightout

Ok, so I tried with Firefox on both OSX and Windows and didn't have any white flashing. Could you please precisely describe the steps to undertake to make it happen?

I understand now. It's definitely caused by javascript, so I'll check what is going on.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2018 at 11:48 PM, Damien said:

I understand now. It's definitely caused by javascript, so I'll check what is going on.

I think it's caused by the ads from our ad agency. I'll get in touch with them and see what is going on. Even if you're blocking the ads, some of their code is still running and that's what's causing this flashing white screen. It doesn't do it on other browsers, oddly enough.

• Like 2

Hey Guys!

I'm really glad to see you've pin-pointed the problem.  Thanks so much, Lightout, for making those videos to demonstrate the white flashing. :)

I hope a resolution can be found - I love the site, and truly appreciate all the hard work you guys put into making it such an awesome resource.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1