FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaylock

What is your honest opinion of LFR?

Just looking for the community's honest opinion of LFR.

1) Do you use it?

2) Do you enjoy the experience?

3) What is bad about it?

4) What is good about it?

5) Why do we even have it, when blizzard has done a great job with the group builder tool?  (LFR was designed to fill a need that no longer exists with the group builder tool being cross realm)

On 14.3.2018 at 7:07 PM, Jaylock said:

Just looking for the community's honest opinion of LFR.

1) Do you use it?

2) Do you enjoy the experience?

3) What is bad about it?

4) What is good about it?

5) Why do we even have it, when blizzard has done a great job with the group builder tool?  (LFR was designed to fill a need that no longer exists with the group builder tool being cross realm)

1) barely, just to push blp on alts

2) no, its just a run through and there is basically no difficulty at all. Most of the time 10% of players are doing 90% of work. 

3) on my view: everything exept 4)

4) every player can see the whole content. Really, thats all. Using lfr to gear alts...for this we dont need lfr. 

5) see 4). Unexp. players dont find a grp and normal is to difficult for some casuals. LFR has nothing to do with grp-building, its an own difficulty and thats why it exists. 

• Like 1

Let me put it in a different way. Here are the things that make raiding what it is:

- Strategy

- Teamwork

- the social aspekt

- playing to the best of your own and your character's abilities

Now, let's look at LFR:

- only half the group knows the bosses or the proper strategy, despite Blizz providing an in-game guide

- there is no teamwork needed

- the only "communication" is people slinging insults at each other and blaming the tanks (more often than not justified)

- apart from the occasional afk'ers, people are just bad, and I mean inexcusably bad. on my last argus kill, it took 4 tries until we killed him before enrage, and I stopped counting the times I've seen people die, getting rezzed, then die to the same thing again.

LFR is not raiding. It has about the engagement value of watching a boss kill video on youtube. Normal mode is easy enough for anyone who at least tries. If people want to see the content, they should earn the right to do so. Go find a guild if you can't get into a pug.

I don't think LFR is relevant with hubs like Argus and Mythic+. It was relevant for giving casuals and alts an eye into an aspect of the game they'd never touch.

There are enough alternative means of experiencing the game, even for casual players, that I don't think people would miss LFR.

As a casual player, I enjoy running LFR once for each Raid so that I can see all the content. I do not enjoy farming it though since its very boring with the simplified mechanics. I think LFR is targeted at players such as myself who do not have large amounts of time to commit to the game but still enjoy getting their raiding fix.