FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gotherok

Raid-bosses tips for Destro warlock

First of all, i will use the term "Havoc combo" many times. It refers to cast havoc with 2 conflagrate charges and 40-50 soul shards prepared. BUT not by capping them for about 10 seconds.

Garothi worldbreaker

• You can do a nice cleave at 66%. Prepare a havoc combo to hit both cannons.
  • You can use your demonic circle to avoid spending too much time on every decimation. Also, you can use that time to cast instant spells.
  • Another use for demonic circle is to maintain your offensive during Surging Fel. Just use it before it ends and go back with a Demonic gateway.
  • (Mythic) During phase 3, you can soak the same circle twice by placing a demonic circle inside and using it after the explosion.

Felhounds of Sargeras

• Abuse from havoc. It's your main purpose here.
  • You dont have to face an enemy to cast havoc, so get a main target and a focus so you can use this macro, you:     /cast [@focus] havoc
  • Maintain immolate on both.
  • You should take the 25s CD for havoc talent. Prepare yourself every 25 seconds for a good havoc combo.
  • (Mythic) Maybe your RL tell you that you should stay stacked with an specific group (shadow or fire). Actually, you can take the "solo mid" risk. How?
  1. As a destro warlock you have not one but two stats that reduce damage from Siphoned: versatility and mastery. You have, also, a constant shield from Soul leech.
  2. When you have shadow aura you can take the damage
  3. When you have fire aura use defensive CD (hey! only 1 min cooldown!)
  4. About fear: put your circle next to the shadow party and make use of it if necessary.

AoE Interlude (3 bosses)

Antoran High command

• Sephuz is really easy to activate here dispelling chaos pulses. Just be sure that your imp is not too far away to do it.
  • Put your demonic circle wherever your guild activate the shield barrier.
  • Pay attention on soul shards and use Rain of fire to prevent soul shards cap.
  • For both, incinerate and channel demonfire, try to target someone at the center of the enemy group so you hit all of them.
  • When enemies are too spread for AoE, remember to use havoc.

Hassabel

• Sadly, there are a lot of things against your AoE on this boss: cast speed, slow travel, tiny area, expensive rains...
  • If boss put the circle in the middle of the room, bad luck or bad tank positioning.
  • Adds can die too fast for you if your party have a lot of fast AoE. This thing make difficult to target imps because they can die and make you lose some cast time.
  • Blood DK are gold here.
  • The only thing i can tell you is to stay close to enemies on AoE moments to reduce incinerate travel time.
  • Tiny perk: if you go up on green portal, use havoc on boss and cocoon,

Eonar

Before anything: i would recommend to play affliction on this boss, its OP. But if you dont:

• Sephuz: will activate from shadowfury, infernals, banish or fear. Use it on every good wave (not vs 2 or 3 mobs)
  • Try to stun enemies to group them for AoE: Shadowfury on first ones, wait 2 seconds, infernals on first ones + second ones.
  • Use immolate only on 1 target, on the middle of the pack, to cast channel demonfire after.
  • Use all the rain of fire you can. Dont overcap soul shards. You get a lot.

Imonar

• Stay away from your party, your imp would dispell you instant and would sleep everyone.
  • Sephuz will activate from your imp's dispells. You can dispell some sleeps AND you can try to dispell one stasis trap before getting the other side of the bridge. There are 2 problems with this:
  1. He has 30 y of range, in case he is close to you, he wont get a lot of people. You can solve this by moving him to the middle, but you have to remember to call him back every phase and to move him again. I dont recomend if you are not confident about destro yet.
  2. Your healers may dispell before you do.
  • Demonic circle: You dont have to cross the bridge faster. If you are too fast boss will be immune and if you have a grenade, its risky. I would recommend to use it to get back to your position on the Hero/BL platform so you can start your rotation sooner.

Kingaroth

• Keep CD's for robots
  • Prepare for a havoc combo every robot phase:
  1. Havoc one robot
  2. Use gate + demonic circle yo get another one
  3. cleave
  4. Do it AS FAST YOU CAN to benefit from the debuff on robots.
  • Use Demonic circle on Ruiner. Stay away from it and use it after the beam has crossed it.

Varimathras

• You dont have to use demonic circle to change from position A to B. Instead, use it in case you get Necrotic Embrace.

The coven of Shivarra

• Focus on havoc combos. Get the 25s Havoc talent.
  • Use a main target and a focus. Play with      /cast [@focus] havoc.
  • Pay attention every boss change to get another target/focus.
  • Put your demonic circle on the back of Norgannon army to teleport easily.

Aggramar

• Sephuz will activate with any CC on tiny elementals. Try to be one of the last cc's to get broken.
  • Havoc: At the start of both interphases you have two big elementals to cleave
  1. CC little one to proc sephuz
  2. Havoc combo both big elementals

Antorus the Unmaker

• Use infernal x4 before dying. You will get another one after that.

About phase 3:

• Use inmmolate on adds before Soul harvest to extend duration (+4 each up to 6 targets)
  • For Havoc combos: cast havoc on the frost/shadow/nature cursed and hit as your main target the fire cursed. why? Because Chaos bolt do chaos damage and that represent fire/frost/nature/arcane/shadow.
  • Dont forget to renew some Immolates, just on the close targets.

About phase 4:

• Re-summon imp.
  • You can use another potion.
  • You can use another infernal x4
  • You have lost your rune. Use it again.
  • Havoc combo Antorus with orbs. They stay to get some damage even below 0 HP. They leave after their cast.

Edited by Gotherok

Good helpful post again.

I only read it briefly for now but a few points:

You often write souls instead of shards/shard bits (it was the same in your last post if you also want to change that)

Personally I would suggest to take auto-cast of Imp off and especially when using Sephuz if you want to excel. Perhaps stick a mouseover macro in?

KG: Save CDs for adds.

Coven: About the only fight where Magistrikes are really useful (unless norm/hc and you stack dogs). You can Banish a Norgs add.

Technically Chaos Bolt could actually be Chromatic damage (doesn't effect Physical or Holy) but you are correct in the mobs it works on.

5 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

You often write souls instead of shards/shard bits (it was the same in your last post if you also want to change that)

Yeah.. i should change that. Sometimes one just forget about things that are obvious for himself but may cause confusion on a few people

Personally I would suggest to take auto-cast of Imp off and especially when using Sephuz if you want to excel. Perhaps stick a mouseover macro in?

On pvp totally but on pve....would you? He only dispel on you at times when you probably will need it. Also low CD, he can dispel 1 sleep every time that boss use it. Last, you know exactly you won't sleep anyone else (if you have a good position) and imp dispels... well, REALLY FAST XD

KG: Save CDs for adds.

Forgot that one. Thx^^

Coven: About the only fight where Magistrikes are really useful (unless norm/hc and you stack dogs). You can Banish a Norgs add.

Yep. If they are close enough. I didn't want too many legendary stuff here because i wanted something smaller. 

My next post will be about stats. Not a guide or tips, just thoughts to share and discuss. I hope you will be there!

Edited by Gotherok

On 19/03/2018 at 5:10 PM, Gotherok said:

On pvp totally but on pve....would you? He only dispel on you at times when you probably will need it. Also low CD, he can dispel 1 sleep every time that boss use it. Last, you know exactly you won't sleep anyone else (if you have a good position) and imp dispels... well, REALLY FAST XD

That is true but if you're not in a top guild you never know when some wombat will decide to run too close to you (of course technically that is their fault). Ultimately, yes the chance of it actually being a bad thing on Imonar is pretty low (I think I am a control freak).

If you are actually in the Dispell rotation (so you take first, healer takes second in grid etc and you do not swap if you happen to get the debuff) then you definitely want it off. 

I have also heard reports of the Imp not doing it's job but I pretty much was always dispelled before so I can't say how true this is. 

In dungeons having it under your control though is much more important to maxmise Sephuz in my opinion.

Oh and if you use Gateways for clearing the bridge/getting along it quicker you can pre-place them before the fight. I saw one lock pull though so ever since I always dismiss pet when I do this, not sure if it is actually needed.

Anyhow, really nice to see someone give attention to a spec other than Affy!

7 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

I have also heard reports of the Imp not doing it's job but I pretty much was always dispelled before so I can't say how true this is.

I think i know what happened to them: they just get too far away from him (30y).

Ex. Imonar: you have crossed the bridge and go to the other side of the platform while your imp stay at the entrance.

On 21.3.2018 at 10:48 AM, spikeysquad said:

Anyhow, really nice to see someone give attention to a spec other than Affy!

never swap, always dot

On 3/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, Blainie said:

never swap, always dot

Funny.

Seemed to be Blizz's thought process too for the last few tiers. I'm ready for a change personally though ideally 2 (or even 3 specs) will have their uses in BFA.

1 hour ago, spikeysquad said:

Funny.

Seemed to be Blizz's thought process too for the last few tiers. I'm ready for a change personally though ideally 2 (or even 3 specs) will have their uses in BFA.

Yeah, I've been pretty happy with maining Mage. Every spec has a use. Arcane is amazing on some fights, Frost for the rest, Fire is godly for M+. It's a good expac to be Mage :D

Warlock is my "main" alt, so having to stick with Affli so much sucks, especially since I'm not a fan of DoT stuff. I've always liked Demo/Destro.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gotherok said:

First expansion that i dont play anything but destro (ONE exception: Eonar). Legendaries... Artifact... tsssk

Was that because you didn't like the other 2? Or you just chose Dest and stuck with it?

On 29/3/2018 at 2:48 PM, Blainie said:

Was that because you didn't like the other 2? Or you just chose Dest and stuck with it?

AP! I didnt like to farm AP for my main weapon, just imagine how i felt about farming the others.

Relics! About weapon again. On other exps i could use the same weapon for other spec. I tried sometimes to get some, but i didnt want to take gear for another spec from people who need it for main spec.

Legendaries! Not the best luck here. I have all destro legendaries, some of demon and all but one on afl. Do you know wich one left? Yep, the helm.

On 30/03/2018 at 8:22 PM, Gotherok said:

Legendaries! Not the best luck here. I have all destro legendaries, some of demon and all but one on afl. Do you know wich one left? Yep, the helm.

It was the same for me with my various classes. Mage? No bracers for Fire or Frost, no shoulders for Rogue, no legs for Warrior. It's painful!