FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cosine

Any interest in an app for organizing raid teams?

Several years ago, I made an app that helped me organize my fledgling raid team, and audit the team's buff arrangement, enchantment, and gem needs.

The old site is still kickin' around, https://whozawhat.com. If you can brave the SSL warnings, you'll see that only the base feature of a website still works. The actual features of this app likely work at minimal capacity, if they work at all.

Icy Veins was actually one of the spots that helped me launch the legacy app. You can still read the old post.

I want to revive this project because I really liked its premise: tools to help other people perform better in the roles of the game, that weren't necessarily features of the game. I really enjoyed running raid teams and appreciated working on the Whozawhat project that, in its time, helped a few raid leaders run and organize their teams better.

I'm hoping that I can head a project that will practice and accelerate my craft in software; that helps leaders run teams. The Battle.net API is very good. The technology is available for this project to do lots of things with the data of a raid team's characters ranging from simple stats to machine-learning driven samples. I am motivated to explore these potential learnings and share them with the community.

I have a vision for this project's goals and technological needs, but what is necessary to begin are the needs of the community leading raid teams. If this kind of app interests you, let start talking about what kind of problems you're facing leading raid teams.

On 18/03/2018 at 11:59 PM, Cosine said:

Several years ago, I made an app that helped me organize my fledgling raid team, and audit the team's buff arrangement, enchantment, and gem needs.

As it stands, I just don't see what it can provide over the already existing LFG tool. There are no buffs to provide other than heroism that are impactful enough to matter and, with how few gems and enchant slots there are now, I don't think the audit part will be that important.

While a "curve" checker would be useful, curve is now worth so little when organising groups due to the massive amounts of boosts that occur. With the expansion going on even further, it will become less and less useful.