FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

Help choosing a spec

So I just resubbed a while ago and just dinged 110 on my Shaman a few minutes ago. I'm planning to do Mythic + dungeons and not raids.

However I don't know which spec would be better for this?

Elemental or Enhacement? I've asked my guild but some of them said Enh the others said Ele... :D

So could anyone please tell me?

23 hours ago, Enzyte said:

So I just resubbed a while ago and just dinged 110 on my Shaman a few minutes ago. I'm planning to do Mythic + dungeons and not raids.

If you're doing M+, go elemental. Enhancement is for raids.

36 minutes ago, Enzyte said:

Thanks!

On a scale 1-10 how does Elemental shaman does in M+?

They're fine. Maybe a 6?

You can push +20 keys as an Ele, there are Eles that have cleared +25 in some dungeons, but don't expect to be hunted like one of the big ranged would be (Affli Lock, Boomkin, Fire Mage). Shaman isn't really great all round in M+, since Enh is lower tier, Ele is fine and Resto struggles a lot at very high keys.

If you want to do +15s or lower, literally play either spec, whatever you enjoy. I'm talking in terms of +20 and higher keys.

Enhancement is great for boss heavy dungeons like Upper Kara, Cathedral, Vault.  It has superior single target damage by a big margin and its cleave is OK.  Elemental is an AOE god and does extremely well on Teeming weeks, in Lower Kara, BRH, Arcway, and Neltharion's Lair, but has lower boss damage.

Once you have enough gear, Stormkeeper is like an AOE delete button. It's also helpful to be ranged, because shamans have very little in survivability tools. But the amount of damage that Enhancement can pump out is impressive if sudden death syndrome isn't an issue.

• Like 1

Elemental if you planning keys around 15-17 but still it's up what you like most! And if you gonna pug the mythic+ or will do it with friends etc

I haven't tried enhancement as much this xpac, but it's fun. Elemental is great for aoe, although I'll say this week with volcanic as an affix I wish I had a better enhance spec. Getting the constant volcanoes under you as ranged and ele having so many cast-time spells is really aggravating compared to enhance not getting many(or any) in melee range. 

On 29/04/2018 at 6:57 AM, Grumpyface said:

I haven't tried enhancement as much this xpac, but it's fun. Elemental is great for aoe, although I'll say this week with volcanic as an affix I wish I had a better enhance spec. Getting the constant volcanoes under you as ranged and ele having so many cast-time spells is really aggravating compared to enhance not getting many(or any) in melee range. 

It's always helpful having a healer you can talk to so you know if you can take a volcano or not. If I'm running as Flamestrike hard-cast Mage, I sometimes just tell my healer I'm taking the hit, depending on key level ofc.