FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LameDuck

[Frost] Help with low DPS

Hi,

I'm not at all satified with my Damage in Antorus raid content, it looks much lower than it should be. It would be great to get some help.

Here is a link to the Char: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/nathrezim/morfaz

And here are some links to logs:

https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9RbCh4BtJNprzxQP

https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8LBfTmwgZVN9GvXd

https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NDx4BdQKft7hY8pk

Morfaz, Nathrezim

Hi LameDuck,

I had a quick view on your last garothi logs and put them into wowanalyzer( this is a great tool for frost mages to check your fights).

According to the report of your last log you have major problems with.

1.) DownTime of 33.40% of the fight you just did nothing. ABC always be casting -> Use Shimmer to while casting to dodge mechanics or move.

2.) You missed the usage of Frozen Orb 2 times which is obviously a big CD for a frost mage i suggest to track it and rather use it on cooldown which is better than not using it at all. In your last fight you used it 4 out of 6 possible times. (Maybe because you died?)

3.) Same thing with Ebonbolt you used it 5 out of 7 times. (Maybe because you died?

4.) You castes Ice Lance 55 times without FoF procs, this is absolutely not necessary. As already mentioned try to cast FB and use shimmer to move around or dodge mechanics while keep casting. Every FB has a chance to trigger BrainFreeze which leads to a shatter combo. -> More Damage.

5.) You overwrote 10% of your brainfreeze proccs, avoid this! If you cast frostbolt and you already have a BF procc use it right after the fb cast. So it should look like this: You have a brainfreeze procc you start casting a fb: FB->BF->IL

Also had a short look over your gear -> Try to get Helm+Cloak or Helm+Gloves for T20 2Set Bonus.

2 hours ago, simply said:

Hi LameDuck,

I had a quick view on your last garothi logs and put them into wowanalyzer( this is a great tool for frost mages to check your fights).

WA goes a bit wonky when someone dies, especially on any activity monitor.

On 26.3.2018 at 12:00 AM, LameDuck said:

I'm not at all satified with my Damage in Antorus raid content, it looks much lower than it should be. It would be great to get some help.

I wasn't happy with the logs you provided, so I searched for your kills and found a Garothi kill and you actually lived through. This one: https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rTjMGHkQRADPwqhz#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=6

There's some very, very large problems with your playstyle. I think you need to revisit the basics because, right now, it's what is hurting your DPS badly.

Firstly, your opener makes no sense. Let's take the first 15s or so:

lGVAwYR.png?1

Why do you Ebonbolt so late? It's a really long cast - just pre-cast it and then you can shatter it immediately on pull. Then we move on to your Ice Lance usage - what on earth are you casting Ice Lances for? Look at this chart:

F0YcgSx.png?1

You gained, in the first 8 seconds, 4 charges of Fingers of Frost. You cast 6 Ice Lances and not one of them was cast with a Flurry combo, meaning you cast 2 without Fingers of Frost for no reason, basically. Never, ever cast it unbuffed unless your Shimmer is on cooldown and you HAVE to move. 

You need to go to our rotation section and practice a proper opener.

Even outside of your opener, you are just constantly spamming Ice Lance unbuffed and so often it is without FoF or Flurry. There are times when you cast it 4+ times in a row. 

You cancel your spells too often - learn to use Shimmer and practice it in fights. You shouldn't be cancelling spells unless you absolutely have to. At 91 seconds you even cancelled 3 Frostbolts in a row without finishing 1 of them. That's a BIG loss.

NEVER cast Cone of Cold on Garothi. There is absolutely 0 reason to. It was just a waste of a GCD -  you did it at 66 seconds.

You don't shatter anywhere near enough Flurry casts. Practice the combo and learn how to hit it every time. Frostbolt -> Flurry -> Ice Lance and all 3 will shatter and crit.

You move way too slowly from the slam - you don't need to waste 15 seconds of casting nothing to move from it. Shimmer away at the last second, take the damage with your raid and then get back. You take far, far too long.

• Thanks 1

Hi Blainie,

many thanks for the hints. It shows to me, how far away I am from mastering playing frost mage. I have read you post shortly before our raid today and tried to change some things. Open with precast Ebonbolt -> Flurry -> IL and after that IV, Orb.

Next thing, I tried to use shimmer more often and also tried to produce less unbuffed ice lances.

I think it was a slight improvement. Unluckily i died during the fight and was dead for 28 seconds.  Nevertheless it was a new damage record for me (still at low level ^^)

Main differences according wowanalyser:

• Enough ebonbolts this time.
  • Ice lances without shatted 63% -> 14%.
  • Better Hardcast Frostbolt/Ebonbolt before Flurry.
  • I have overwritten some BF proccs this time :(

I will continue to practice the things you described and damage output should get better.

Many thanks for the good work, I think it will help me :)

15 hours ago, LameDuck said:

I will continue to practice the things you described and damage output should get better.

Many thanks for the good work, I think it will help me :)

It's better already, just keep focusing on those issues and you'll keep seeing improvements!

If you hadn't died, you might even have seen yourself pushing past 1,300,000. Try to keep using WowAnalyzer to look at your logs each week and, once you start seeing yourself either improving to where WA says nothing is wrong or you can't push your DPS any higher and don't know how to improve it, just put another log down and I'll take a look :)