FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Twinkielock

Quick trinket question

Because they like hit on their trinkets or something.  I'd say use Wush for Affliction, but Breath is more of a stable choice for Destruction.  It's up to you, juggling hit for different specs sucks.

Because they like hit on their trinkets or something.  I'd say use Wush for Affliction, but Breath is more of a stable choice for Destruction.  It's up to you, juggling hit for different specs sucks.

Playing around with AMR, when I reforge both of them I have roughly the same stats. It seems what proc is better. A slowly building one, or a static one.

Trinkets should not be evaluated on their passive stats with the exception of PBI.  All trinkets should be evaluated on their procs.  Wushoolay's proc is far more significant than Breath's proc. 

Its really a matter of what works best for you.

Woosh has a higher ceiling as getting Chaos bolts off at 5-10 stacks yields a higher int proc to scale your chaos bolts.  The downside to this however is your really cut your window to cast these buffed CB down from 10 seconds to 5 since you want to cast at the higher stacks or you are using a lower intellect proc (stacks 1-5) than Breath, losing the advantage of Woosh.  Having to move for a mechanic during a woosh proc causes its benefit of higher ceiling to drop drastically.

Breath, while a lower value proc, is a static value giving you the full 10 seconds to drop your load.  It offers more forgiveness with the need to move as you have a higher amount of time to fit in your ember consumers per proc.

Its very similar to why Destro does great with KTT even though BBoY has the highest ceiling.

In normal progression I was using Woosh, for heroics I swapped to Breath, as I found myself missing too many procs.

Edited by Soulzar