FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Extra Life - All-day Gaming Charity!

lmNZ4bw.jpg

Friends, Family, and Gamers!

Our team is on a mission to save kids through video games, and we need your help.

Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

On November 2nd, 2013, we'll be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life and it's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to that team member's chosen hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 2 million dollars to save kids, but in 2013 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.

We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click a participant's name and then click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.

This year is the first year I am participating in the event, but I can't do it alone! Help me and Icy-Veins raise money for these kids by doing something you already love...playing video games!

Link to website: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?

Link to my team: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=13415

Link to OpenRaid Events: http://openraid.us/events/view/138450

• Like 1

I'm so pumped for this! Grabbing a few hours of sleep and then RAIDING!

Let's do it for the kids!

Someone should make a donation to my page for being awake at 7am on a Saturday smile.png

Our finalized total was $1050 for my team.  This ranked us #578 out of 39,750 teams, which is the top 1.5%.  Imagine what we could have done if not for the attacks to the website!  The website still raised over $3.8M and there are 25k gamers signing up for this weekend's catch up day.  This, unfortunately, coincides with Blizzcon, so many of us are unable to partake. 

I'm proud of my team and its efforts towards tackling this awful, awful disease.  I'm usually careful with my language, but I got this to say:

FUCK CANCER

I'll be doing this event again next year and expect to have many returning souls.  We've set the bar at $1050, and I plan on crushing it next year.  Until next year, remain vigilant in our ever-enduring fight against cancer.

Zagam/Chris

• Like 5