positiv2

DMO Energy Twister Wizard

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Wizard DMO Energy Twister Build.

better off using ice armour Crystalise with the ring Halo of Arlyse in the cube way way more survablity also you should be using the electric modifer for arcane torrent as ull get back energy faster (and never run out)

I agree Ice Armor/Crystallize/Arlyse is better than Storm Armor/Kirini, but disagree on Arcane Torrent.  Flame Ward's defensive stats are nice, and with Hergbrash's Binding and Etched Sigil, you should never be below 100% energy. (Etched Sigil Energy Twisters do more damage, don't cost energy to cast, and don't interrupt channeling so the Deathwish damage bonus stays active.)

My main complaint with this build was the cooldown on Slow Time.  For something so necessary to deal damage, it needs to have a lower cooldown. I addressed that by throwing Leoric's Crown in the cube instead of Mantle of Channeling and a diamond in the helm instead of a topaz.  Topaz in the helm made no sense anyway, as this build doesn't have energy problems.

It's worth considering Aquila Cuirass in the cube as well. If you have enough CDR for Slow Time and want a massive increase to survivability, it's an excellent change for builds that don't really use resources.

I really don't get why the wizard hat that gives slow time the effects from all the runes is never taken in consideration for DMO builds

I'm using it on the build (instead of the mantle of channeling), and the degree of extra benefits it gives is enormous.

Arlyse only works on melée damage though.  Trying to farm a Karini rn and it's proving... slow. 

Made following adaptions to maximize damage at the cost of defenses:

Repositioning with Teleport is the main defense here

Well played you dont get hit that much, just enough to rest teleports and trigger frostnova

Arcane TorrentArcane TorrentFlame WardFlame Ward -> DisintegrateDisintegrateIntensifyIntensify

Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling -> Crown of the PrimusCrown of the Primus

Unstable AnomalyUnstable Anomaly -> Galvanizing WardGalvanizing Ward

Storm ArmorStorm ArmorPower of the StormPower of the Storm -> Ice ArmorIce ArmorCrystallizeCrystallize

Halo of KariniHalo of Karini -> Halo of ArlyseHalo of Arlyse

Magic WeaponMagic WeaponDeflectionDeflection -> Frost NovaFrost NovaBone ChillBone Chill

(GR95@9,5kINT)

Replace twister with explosive blast chain reaction and twisted sword with wand of woh. Add some CDR and it seems to work better than twister version. If you then add RoRG you can equip Illusionary boots and drop teleport for black hole spellsteal and equip Strongarms.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this