FORUMS
Banard

OMG ADD ISSUE HUGE MALWARE

Chrome yelling at me, trying to get me a call a phone number, saying my computer has a huge  virus.....i got 5 min to call or my PC going to be locked. Could not get rid of it....could not close it...had to reset PC back to a previous day. 

I was watching a HOTS WTF video form your POST during a rank draft! CAUSE ME TO GO FROM A PROMOTION MATCH TO A DEMOTION MATCH. 

Icy veins was the only webpage open. I do not know what the ad was that prompted this huge blaring warning sound. 

If i get a a add like that again, then i will never be visiting this sight again. This site will be dead to me like HOTSLOGS. 

Those adds a pretty sick, not icy veins fault and afaik they do their best.

And I mean ads, to promote something, sell something, fine but those criminal scumbag ads are rough it's pretty much like robbing someone.

Edited by Caldyrvan

12 hours ago, Banard said:

Chrome yelling at me, trying to get me a call a phone number, saying my computer has a huge  virus.....i got 5 min to call or my PC going to be locked. Could not get rid of it....could not close it...had to reset PC back to a previous day. 

I was watching a HOTS WTF video form your POST during a rank draft! CAUSE ME TO GO FROM A PROMOTION MATCH TO A DEMOTION MATCH. 

Icy veins was the only webpage open. I do not know what the ad was that prompted this huge blaring warning sound. 

If i get a a add like that again, then i will never be visiting this sight again. This site will be dead to me like HOTSLOGS. 

I spoke to the ad agency about these issues a few days ago. Many networks are experiencing these and they are working hard to find a permanent fix. The root of the issue is that some advertisers abuse the trust of networks to place these ads on our sites and others. What we're working towards is a way to filter them before they even show to the users, and this is where the difficulty lies.

That said, I apologize for the issue. I know it's annoying and frustrating (and trust me, it's even more annoying and frustrating for us to see all our hard work being damaged by such ads sneaking in), so I thank you for nonetheless taking the time to make this report. 

Could you please tell us where you are browsing from? That would be useful in the report.

• Like 1

Hello I just wanted to add to this, that it has gotten *way* worse for me in the last few weeks - now, if I leave any page of a class guide open, eventually the icy veins page will get hijacked to a malware ad - its not loading a new browser window, its not creating a pop-out - its in-line redirecting you in the same window...I believe this is something you could put some limit on the javascript/iframe that is loading the ads, to keep users from being 'hijacked'

I'll also add that I am not browsing from any other site - this is going directly to an icy veins class-guide in the browser window.  If I had to guess, its being caused by the remnant ad frame embedded in the guide navigation (top right, below the header, in the contents)

Edited by Tibirius

8 hours ago, Tibirius said:

Hello I just wanted to add to this, that it has gotten *way* worse for me in the last few weeks - now, if I leave any page of a class guide open, eventually the icy veins page will get hijacked to a malware ad - its not loading a new browser window, its not creating a pop-out - its in-line redirecting you in the same window...I believe this is something you could put some limit on the javascript/iframe that is loading the ads, to keep users from being 'hijacked'

I'll also add that I am not browsing from any other site - this is going directly to an icy veins class-guide in the browser window.  If I had to guess, its being caused by the remnant ad frame embedded in the guide navigation (top right, below the header, in the contents)

That's really terrible... Thank you for your contribution. In which browser does this happen? In any case, could you please fill in this form: https://www.icy-veins.com/enthusiast-gaming

This would help us identify the culprit ad and ban them.

I'm starting to think that with GDPR coming next week, ad marketplaces (like Google AdExchange) are so busy getting all their privacy stuff compliant that they don't have the time to properly take care about these bad ads. We keep reporting this problem to them and other ad networks, but they seem to not care whatsoever. I'm really hoping GDPR will take care of these.