FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Ravenholt Rep Grind & Heavy Junkbox Farming (for Insane title)

So Im about 100 lockboxes away from getting the insane title for my priest (taking a well deserved break before the final push!)

Ravenholt is by far the worst grind now (maybe Bloodsail too Posted Image) and although there are plenty of "guides" out there I thought I would give my opinions Posted Image

For Ravenholt rep the most efficient way to farm is to grind all the way to 11999/12000 honoured by killing mobs. Due to sheer boredom I ended up doing a few lockbox hand-ins but it really isnt worth the effort wasting them as you can only use lockboxes to grind from Revered -> Exalted.

I found that farming mobs in Arathi Highlands to be the most efficient way of grinding from Neutral -> Revered.

Posted Image

Depending how you want to grind the rep I found switching between both the Manor in the north and the Keep in the south meant there was sometime to allow for respawns. However to help break it up a little and allow some extra time I logged my toon out at one of the areas, played an alt for a while, relogged and then went back to grinding the respawns. I found it really helped with the insanity of it all.

If you want to just push the grind as fast as possible you can fly to Strahnbad in Alterac Mountains (zone to the north west). But I found the flying to be a little inefficient.

A few things to note:

There are plenty of stealthed mobs at the manor to the north that are along the "top" of the manor valley. I found running around the inside then running along the outside to be really quick (just tab targeting all the time for the stealth mobs and throwing a dot on them meant I could keep running all the time).

I found running into Stromgarde Keep itself a little slow (maybe just be being lazy), also as far as Im aware both Otto and Falcrest (the quest mobs at the top of the keep) dont offer any rep. Also the rares dont offer any rep either (if you want to be nice and leave them for questers!).

It does take a fair amount of time and I didnt really clock a rep/hour, but breaking it up into bite sized chunks did seem to help!

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 2

(I will finish this but will try and do it fully when I have more time using some maps and a small video!)

When you hit 11999/12000 honoured, the only way you can get rep is by handing in inv_box_03.jpgHeavy Junkbox to Winstone Wolfe for the quest Junkboxes Needed. Each hand in requires 5 inv_box_03.jpgHeavy Junkbox and gives 75 rep (without any modifiers like guild perk etc). This means you need to grind a whopping 1400 lockboxes to get yourself to exalted.

The only way to obtain inv_box_03.jpgHeavy Junkbox is to have a rogue (your own or a friend) to pickpocket them from mobs (think its generally level 55-60ish mobs).

The best place to grind these (from my experience) is LBRS as a sub rogue. I was easily grinding more than 1 per minute (half distracted watching videos / tv etc at the same time!). I found this by far the most efficient way to grind and the route I used meant that even going at a blazing fast pace you could do a full "lap" and by the time you had finished the mobs had new stuff jangling in their pockets.

Also being a sub rogue you could go around LBRS then sprint, jump and shadowstep right back to the beginning of the grind (I will show it on the video promise). This meant no real downtime having to run back to the entrance or whatever. The only thing that did slow me down was not having a rogue with engineering, but tbh by the time I had filled 100 lockboxes I had had enough by then anyway Posted Image!

A lot of people on WoWhead etc mentions grinding the mobs in the mines during AV battles, or going to Tyrs Hand in EPL (not sure if you can still grind there though I didnt try).

Although the AV ones gave you honour at the same time I still didnt find it worth the effort in leeching the whole bg grinding lockboxes, plus on a number of occasions I wasnt the only one doing it making it even less efficient.

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 1

Great post! I think we really need a Quests, Exploration, Achievements section ;)

Oh, and by the way, it looks as if you just made it to revered!

• Like 1

Great post! I think we really need a Quests, Exploration, Achievements section Posted Image

Oh, and by the way, it looks as if you just made it to revered!

I dont mind doing the majority of the Insane Achievements. Trying to look through WoWhead for comments etc can be a bit of a pain, and a lot of information is outdated with pre-cata guides :D

Edited by Peelyon