FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DragonRaven

Pest Necro Queries

Currently trying to improve my Pest Necro. I find that there is something not quite right with my damage, please take a look at my gear and comment. My issue is:

1) Am doing a lot less damage above gr115 (in 4 men), am aware that monster's health gets scaled with gr level and number of people but the massive drop in damage is trying, This is the current situation gr110 - 113ish, 1 cycle LOD RG is dead with the proper stacks from stricken and proper rotation of the COE, gr115, 1cycle + less that a quater of the next LOD cycle will kill the RG but at gr117, one cycle of LOD will get RG to less that half of it's health bar and to kill it i need the full cycle of the next LOD (that is if i am lucky and don't get RGs like Hamelin or the Mallet Lord - does anyone know how to deal with these two anyway) Am i doing something wrong here?

2) Attack speed - have been looking around and checking learder boards - it seems that most leader board players are placing attack speed importance above CDR. Is this the way to go? Currently i am at 1.81attack speed (have been trying to get attack speed on amulet and other ring but has not happened yet for me) My CDR is currently at 46.95. Should i re-roll back the 10% damage on my weapon or just  leave the 7% attack speed on it?

3) Legendary gem - Zei which states that i have more damage the further i am from the target but somehow it does not seem to be the case or is there an optimum distance? Am normally standing at the approx outer diameter of my curse radius or slightly further when i enter LOD cause i lose the aim when i go further as the curser does not lock on target and i need to move the mouse according to the monster movement for that to happen i need to see them. Is there anyway around this - teleporters and fast moving targets  are hell to kill

Will be grateful for any tips or advice given

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/RAVEN-6683/hero/90300472

On 2018-04-13 at 9:56 AM, DragonRaven said:

it seems that most leader board players are placing attack speed importance above CDR. Is this the way to go?

The higher you go the more important it is considering it is how much you're gonna get out of the 10seconds and your COE rotation.

On 2018-04-13 at 9:56 AM, DragonRaven said:

Zei which states that i have more damage the further i am from the target but somehow it does not seem to be the case or is there an optimum distance? Am normally standing at the approx outer diameter of my curse radius

Unsure what you mean by "Curse radius" unless you're using the Aura which you really shouldn't. The max distance is quite far and on a regular 1080p resolution it's pretty much a full screen away. If you want to deal max dmg with Zei, make sure the monster is at the edge of the screen and you are as far away as possible. 50yards is for me a full screen length.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, Arkpit said:

The higher you go the more important it is considering it is how much you're gonna get out of the 10seconds and your COE rotation.

Unsure what you mean by "Curse radius" unless you're using the Aura which you really shouldn't. The max distance is quite far and on a regular 1080p resolution it's pretty much a full screen away. If you want to deal max dmg with Zei, make sure the monster is at the edge of the screen and you are as far away as possible. 50yards is for me a full screen length.

Thank you for the responce

On 27.4.2018 at 12:01 PM, DragonRaven said:

Thank you for the responce

Just wanted to add to what Arkpit mentioned concerning AS vs. CDR - there comes a point where you, with how CDR and elite spawns match up in a GR, will have to force Land of the Dead on trash due to the amount of CDR you have. 

It makes no sense to have lots of CDR, so your LoTD is up on every pack, but you can't kill the packs in a single LotD.

Testing is the only way to know your own personal breakpoints for actually killing things, since it depends on your weapon, Intellect level, etc.