FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
igorek

Acrane questions

Hello everyone. Firstly, I am sorry for my grammar, I will try to google words, but I cannot promise a 100% success. And that is another "help me with dps" theme alongside with my questions, so great THANK YOU for helping and coming by.

Obviously everyone want to have good dps, so I was looking in warcraft logs for a long time now, and that helped me to be a little better with my rotation, but I'm still not satisfied with it. And I don’t know what to blame. 

My hands, for not pressing right buttons? 

My gear, for not giving my good enough stats? (There is another big issue. In game, I have crit-42, haste-25, mast-34, vers-10, but in armory and wlogs numbers are a little different: crit-38, h-19, m-29, v-10. What should I believe?

Or it’s all in rng, and I’m just not lucky enough with AM. 

I use raidbot simcrat, and with him I'm also not sure if I should wear only TOP GEAR that he suggest with max damage (its 2,042 kk), or the set that give me better stats (that is what i'm currently wearing and should be in armory. It sims for 2,030 kk damage. That is less for 11k, and it may be a funny number compared with 2kk, but still uncomfortable to see.). 

I only have heroic runs in antorus. Dogs, and shivarras are just a mess (even though it looks purple, I do not have more than blue numbers on them). But at least i want good results on st bosses, that would mean that I need to work on my movements.

Also with wlogs, people use different rotations after burst. Some use mini burst with RoP+barrage+Charged Up and hopefully 3 AM, than RoP+AP, and some use mini burst MoA+RoP+PresofMind, than NOT use AP, but wait for MoA come of cd and use all big burst like in the start of the fight.

I tried all kinds of rotations in class hall and I could not see much difference (again rng. sometime in first burst I got only 1 proc of AM)

Here is my links. Stats I wrote above, because it is always refreshing in weird moments.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27733733

https://worldofwarcraft.com/ru-ru/chara ... 0%B8%D0%BD

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

Edited by igorek

On 17/04/2018 at 3:50 PM, igorek said:

My gear, for not giving my good enough stats? (There is another big issue. In game, I have crit-42, haste-25, mast-34, vers-10, but in armory and wlogs numbers are a little different: crit-38, h-19, m-29, v-10. What should I believe?

So, use the gear that sims highest. If you are simming yourself, you can ignore stat priorities and just take exactly what sims highest. 

Fights like Coven and Dogs are always going to be bad parses until your guild starts trying to parse well. Top parses on dogs will have them stacked for the entire fight, so you are competing against someone cleaving constantly while you do ST damage. For Coven, they do the same with 3 tanking so that there is no tank swap and you have no damage reduction phase. They always stack the adds with bosses and allow people to cleave as much as possible, so don't worry about that too much.

For your logs, use WoWAnalyzer. For Mage, it's an amazing tool and will tell you exactly what is going wrong in your parses. For Varimathras, this is your report:

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/QJgPpwtfaHbDGYmq/11/21

There are a few things to work on there, for example. Just put your best logs for each boss into the tool and it'll give you tips to work on. Make sure to enable minor suggestions too.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thank you very much. I will work on those. So sad to see that in my “best” I did so many things wrong.

Just 1 moment bother me the most with Analyzer. «You cast Arcane Barrage 4 times while you had Arcane Missiles procs available. Make sure you are using all of your missiles procs before casting Arcane Barrage. » Guides and my common sense were saying that every burn and mini burn phase I should enter with three AM procs. I know that it’s random, but sometimes I had 1 proc and Charged Up was about to get of CD, so I used barrage- get 2 more procs and start mini burn with RoP. Now I see that analyzer say that it is a mistake. That kind of mistake also have people from orange Warcraft logs, can it be not that “major”? Same thing with Presence of Mind.

On 23/04/2018 at 5:11 PM, igorek said:

Thank you very much. I will work on those. So sad to see that in my “best” I did so many things wrong.

Just 1 moment bother me the most with Analyzer. «You cast Arcane Barrage 4 times while you had Arcane Missiles procs available. Make sure you are using all of your missiles procs before casting Arcane Barrage. » Guides and my common sense were saying that every burn and mini burn phase I should enter with three AM procs. I know that it’s random, but sometimes I had 1 proc and Charged Up was about to get of CD, so I used barrage- get 2 more procs and start mini burn with RoP. Now I see that analyzer say that it is a mistake. That kind of mistake also have people from orange Warcraft logs, can it be not that “major”? Same thing with Presence of Mind.

I believe it is based on your mana at that time. AFAIK, if under 50% mana, you can burn your Missiles. There's one usage I can see at 1:40 or so that you are at about 10-15% mana when you drop Barrage with missiles procs.