FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SPECTRELIGHT

Introduction!!!

Greetings All!

I just recently began playing this highly fun and addictive game! I am an O.G. gamer and have played MTG, Diablo and WoW. Curently I'm learning how to pay the game, having fun and taking notes. At the present moment I am not looking to engage in ranked play, although I have played some matches casually. (I have yet to enter Arena mode)

I'm considering buying the starter pack but I am not trying to spend more money than that for the time being. My questions:

Can you earn sufficient cards playing the solo player modes like dungeon runs and the like? Should I try to craft cards? (I estimate this may give me better cards to build decks.
I appreciate all advice & insight!

Thanks!

Hi there,

First: The "Welcome Bundle" offers a really nice value even if one doesn't want to spend any more money on the game this one is worth it, imo.

Second: Solo content is not a source for cards or gold.

Besides one time rewards for the Frozen Throne missions, solo adventures do not reward cards or gold (except for the old Adventures which are all Wild Format now and had to be bought with gold or real money, now they are real money only). There is a daily quest that may appear that rewards a pack for defeating 3 dungeon run bosses but that's it.

Third: For your other question I suggest to read a bit here Guides to get started.

You should take your time. No need to craft something asap because it looks good for now, you might regret it later. Getting started is not so easy but doable. Manage your resources well, like gold and dust. Try budget versions of decks to get an idea how they are played and to see if you like them or not.

Even if you don't have the cards for a certain top deck it may be interesting to watch some gameplay videos to watch a fully constructed deck in action and to see if that is something you would like to play or not.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2

Also it's good that you are not running into ranked and expect to beat everyone :)

But I think once you have a deck you like you can try it a bit. If it's going well you can try to get to rank 20. Until this rank you can't lose stars from matches you lose and if you can make it there I think for a new player the small reward (5 dust and a golden common card) is still nice :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

The only money I have into the game at the moment is the welcome bundle. I wanted to preorder this last expansion, but I was too broke, so so far all the cards I have are from the welcome bundle or earning gold from quests.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, SithLordOfSnark said:

The only money I have into the game at the moment is the welcome bundle. I wanted to preorder this last expansion, but I was too broke, so so far all the cards I have are from the welcome bundle or earning gold from quests.

Did you get enough cards that you can at least make a budget deck?

I want to at least have a decent budget deck I Can use in casual play.

17 minutes ago, SPECTRELIGHT said:

In NA server, I only bought welcome bundle and mammoth bundle. I don't have a large collection apparently, but I have an almost full budget elemental mage deck, and had an almost full budget jade druid (I dusted them of course)

I think what you should do is, pick an aggro/tempo deck, which is not super expensive, post your list here, we'll try to help you. Those decks will help you save gold quickly enough in casual, and with correct piloting, they will take you to rank 20 at the beginning.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SPECTRELIGHT said:

I got Tess as my free legendary, so I crafted the rest of the cards for Ghostly Echoes and I have a pretty decent win rate with it.

Edit: I also almost have enough dust/cards to make a decent Shaman deck with Hagatha.

Edited by SithLordOfSnark
  • Like 1