FORUMS
Stan

Player-Reporting Technology Improvements

3pkSutG.png

Blizzard's implementing new technology to the game that will enhance the ability to validate the accuracy of reports. Players who are frequently reported for using offensive language will receive account silences and ranked suspensions faster now.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Starting today, we’re implementing new technology that enhances our ability to validate the accuracy of reports. This will allow us to increase the rate that we issue account silences and ranked suspensions to players who are frequently and consistently reported for using offensive language. These actions are aimed at those who regularly use offensive language to harass, antagonize, and abuse one or more of their teammates. This type of behavior not only ruins the experience for those who are targeted, but also damages team morale, effectively degrading the fun for everyone in a match. 

We will continue to issue weekly suspension and ban waves for non-participation and intentionally dying. You can check that forum thread regularly to keep up with our latest round of account actions. Additionally, if you’ve recently reported another player for going AFK, refusing to participate, or intentionally dying, be sure to keep an eye on the email inbox associated with your account for any updates regarding actions we’ve taken against that player as a result of your report.

We’d like to thank those of you who use the relevant in-game reporting options when you spot negative behavior in your matches and encourage you to continue doing so. Your actions have the largest positive impact on the health of the community.

HotS players are toxic as hell so should be nice to do something with them. Sure, I'm one of them, but c'mon. First add surrender option, that would avoid lot of "talking" about each others mom and afk. If you lose so hard to -4 levels and all forts lost under 5 mins then you have no mood to continue but the game doesn't give alternative, mostly there start this things.. or start at picking, but that guys must be an IRL douchebags as well.
Would be really nice if report system work here too. Overwatch is so "cool" in this way.. yeah, I'm muted every week for 2-3 days.

21 minutes ago, VegaPl said:

When you hit the PLAY button I expect that people are committed to try their best and I think giving them a surrender option as a systematic solution defies all of it. I think it would backfire and some people would surrender in A LOT of matches before it is even sure that you won't win.

Totally agree, a surrender option would be like adding a "rage uninstall" hotkey. Plus HotS has such a well implemented comeback-mechanism - you never know when you'll turn around a game...

Though if you think about it a little it's funny that massively multiplayer games became so popular, yet the biggest challenge in terms of gameplay experience is how to ban enough people playing it. So if there's an option I'd like to see is a "prefer low-blood pressure boring retired neurosurgeon professors" button. I would so love to try once to play with chilling yet intelligent teammates. Like Stephen Hawking.

• Like 2

Only time when I'd like to see surrender button is when QM matchmaking sets you one of those simply unbeatable comps. Best one we had once was when we had very squishy team with no CC, against Morales, Abathur, Illidan Garrosh... Worst 15 minutes.

But that's just bypass, not solution to problem.

Edited by SleepySheepy

I've had some games in QM where it definitely looked like we had an objectively inferior team comp. But if you actually just play the game, instead of pressing surrender, you can win a surprising number of those games. Some people get demoralized by those kinds of situations, but I usually take them as a challenge. I recognize that the odds are against me, but I want to try to win anyway, because I think I'm better at the game. At the end of the day, it pretty much shakes out the same, you win some you lose some.

• Like 3

Playing QM, I would always get demoralized by enemy Butchers, Tracers, etc. simply because they require coordination to take down, which normally isn't seen in QM. But no matter how much I wish there was a surrender option for those games, sometimes the team pulls through and overcomes the challenge, turning a thought loss into an epic comeback. It's really fun facing a "superior comp" and accepting the challenge, because either it'll be a challenge you can face on equal grounds or a challenge you can't overcome which can be productive to tell you what went wrong besides the superior comp (bad positioning, wrong place wrong time) and can help realize that the enemy didn't win because of their comp, but because the team was demoralized by it. And at the end of the day, a Butcher or Tracer stomp will turn into a 10-minute game, nothing too big to have a surrender option for.

Edited by Androski

how am i suppose to do epic come-backs if they put surrender button :D seriously, those are the best matches, when you comeback from 2-3 lvl behind and win the game. i think thats one of the best traits of hots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's basically improvise - adapt - overcome.

I must admit though, there were moments I have longed for this infamous surrender option. Sometimes it's just so damn frustrating when ppl won't listen, do their own thing and basically lose the game for everyone. Hm Tribute on Cursed hollow? better go fight the boss on my own to see my team get shredded just to die to said boss and lose it to the enemy team -.- And Ofc there's the issue about the comps - albeit this is a QM problem, I'd agree. Still, it's damn frustrating... Oh you have squishy mages, 0 mobility, a varian (who will pick twin blades ofc - it's QM) and a lucio? best put you up against artanis, dehaka, morello, butcher and tracer. thx, 15 minutes well wasted. Granted - if the ppl I was playing with that match knew wtf to do, we could have pulled something off. Ironically it seems it's always these games you get paired with "uncooperative and advice-resistant ppl" (let's be nice)...

But I too wouldn't really want that to be a possibility. Else 9 out of 10 games would end through surrender either by your team or the other one. There's at least one great game for each one, that wants to make you throw your headset across the room.

Edited by Evincare
Added some things...

2 hours ago, Evincare said:

It's basically improvise - adapt - overcome.

I must admit though, there were moments I have longed for this infamous surrender option. Sometimes it's just so damn frustrating when ppl won't listen, do their own thing and basically lose the game for everyone. Hm Tribute on Cursed hollow? better go fight the boss on my own to see my team get shredded just to die to said boss and lose it to the enemy team -.- And Ofc there's the issue about the comps - albeit this is a QM problem, I'd agree. Still, it's damn frustrating... Oh you have squishy mages, 0 mobility, a varian (who will pick twin blades ofc - it's QM) and a lucio? best put you up against artanis, dehaka, morello, butcher and tracer. thx, 15 minutes well wasted. Granted - if the ppl I was playing with that match knew wtf to do, we could have pulled something off. Ironically it seems it's always these games you get paired with "uncooperative and advice-resistant ppl" (let's be nice)...

But I too wouldn't really want that to be a possibility. Else 9 out of 10 games would end through surrender either by your team or the other one. There's at least one great game for each one, that wants to make you throw your headset across the room.

Well said. The solution is the improved QM matchmaking that they said they are working on not a surrender option. Some of the best/most memorable matches Ive ever had involved coming back from when the core was almost dead to winning the game heck even coming back and making it a close game feels great at that point.

The two things that annoy me most in this game that other players do is type "gg. you all suck" or the equivalent into chat after losing one or two early team fights and people AFKing at the start of the match so I am very happy we're not getting a surrender option and happy they're going to be taking the AFK reports more seriously. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

HotS players are toxic as hell so should be nice to do something with them. Sure, I'm one of them, but c'mon. First add surrender option, that would avoid lot of "talking" about each others mom and afk. If you lose so hard to -4 levels and all forts lost under 5 mins then you have no mood to continue but the game doesn't give alternative, mostly there start this things.. or start at picking, but that guys must be an IRL douchebags as well.
Would be really nice if report system work here too. Overwatch is so "cool" in this way.. yeah, I'm muted every week for 2-3 days.

Oh god. Please no surrender option. So many games have been turned last minute. Even with 4 levels behind I managed to win sometimes in the end. This would kill what HotS is about. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MasterKast said:

how am i suppose to do epic come-backs if they put surrender button :D seriously, those are the best matches, when you comeback from 2-3 lvl behind and win the game. i think thats one of the best traits of hots.

Agreed, such games are the best and most satisfying to play. This reminds me of my Warcraft III times, when I would play Random 3vs3, which sometimes turned into 3vs2 or even 3vs1 in some cases. Then I would do my best to control both bases and NEVER EVER give up. Often when the opponents see a leaver in your team, they would become reckless / cocky and assume you will 100% lay down on the ground and wait to be stomped. You win some, you lose some, that is true as well.

11 hours ago, Evincare said:

uncooperative and advice-resistant ppl

Heh, nicely put

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bogu said:

Blizz, please delete QM. Leave it only on bots and pvp should be unranked picks.

They are definitely going to delete the most played mode and the mode most likely keeping the game relevant in the MOBA market.

Epic Patron
22 hours ago, Bogu said:

Blizz, please delete QM. Leave it only on bots and pvp should be unranked picks.

Quick match is super important, IMO, for learning the synergies/counter synergies between heroes on your own team and how and what characters might counter your favorite pick on an enemy team. It lets you use empirical data to formulate your strategy in the drafting process for unranked and ranked play. 

While I've only made it to high gold in my progression in ranked, it's also important to be able to test the human response to different characters/abilities. I haven't noticed too much of a difference in how people react to each ability across the silver and gold levels when compared to QM and in the VODs/ Streams I watch, everything is still the same just a bit more polished at the higher levels (your hit % might drop a bit on a skillshot, for instance).

• Like 2

On 21/04/2018 at 3:42 PM, Valhalen said:

I think this is very fitting for the moment:

Beat me to it. Was such a perfect video.

• Like 1