FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tyeren

Heroic Leap Help

So its been a LONG time since ive played my warrior and ive been a long time fan of fury because you can dual wield 2 hands (whats cooler then that?) but the new changes have left my DPS WAY more then lacking.... and while looking at the guide for fury warriors it says to use Heroic Leap during Colosus Smash...... how on EARTH do i get the targeting on this to work? i spend the whole Colosus Smash just trying to find a place i can heroic leap to. ive only tried this on raid dummys in SW is it easier in an actual encounter? any tips on how to use Heroic Leap effectivly so i can maximise my DPS in fury again would be great :D

Ye, i can see it says so in the guide, too i have no idea why =S Theres absolutly no dps gain to move out of melee range to leap in again. In my opinion, drop that part of the CS rotation. CS window is only 6sec, which u should use Storm Bolt, 2-3x Raging Blow and Bloodthirsty + Heroic strike as ur rage allows u to use.

Don't bother with heroic leap during CS. It's only if you want to squeeze every bit of damage into a fight. I always save my heroic leap for mobility. E.g. jumping to adds (Nazgrim), jumping to pools that need to be soaked (Malkorok), jumping back after a knockback (Iron Juggernaut), jumping to avoid stuff (Ashen Wall on Dark Shamans). So many times you want that extra mobility that it isn't worth it to weave it into your CS window. It's only a marginal extra DPS anyway. Just focus on using your other abilities as optimally as possible.

Heroic Leaping during CS can be a decent DPS gain, but it can also be a massive loss if you don't do it correctly. My advice is to not do it until you've practiced enough to be confident enough on how to do it.

As Funq said, it is also very useful for mobility so don't be afraid to save it for that. However, if you want to do it and gain that extra DPS, here's how: Just Leap from one corner of the hitbox of the boss to another. Never ever leave melee range to do it. If the bosse's hitbox is too small for you to heroic leap from one side to the other don't bother doing it.

Also, remember that even if your Heroic Leap is on CD, you still have Charge and Intervene/Safeguard that give you a lot of mobility.

In the end, though, just do whatever will make you do less mistakes in your rotation. It's not worth losing a RB or HS just to try and heroic leap, but if you can do it and not lose any other ability use it's definitely worth it.