FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damian

why wont the baby go to sleep

Why do babies and toddlers wake up at silly o'clock and refuse to go back to sleep. Arggg....

• Like 1

Ah great now the oldest has woken up. That's it I'm getting my nuts cut off! No more babies.

Edited by Damian
  • Like 1

My baby isn't so much of a baby any more - he's 12 years old. But! 12 years ago when he was a baby he never ever gave us a single sleepless night :D Every night without fail he would sleep straight through until morning. Not sure what the recipe for success is / was. Maybe there is nothing other than extreme luck.

My baby isn't so much of a baby any more - he's 12 years old. But! 12 years ago when he was a baby he never ever gave us a single sleepless night Posted Image Every night without fail he would sleep straight through until morning. Not sure what the recipe for success is / was. Maybe there is nothing other than extreme luck.

Our first was like this. 100% sleep every night 7pm-7pm - BLISS. The 2nd child however... ;)

My son is now 12 days old ;)

He's sleeping quite alright. Just waking up once per night for feeding (moms boobs ftw).

Guess I can't complain up untill now lol

-Mork-

• Like 1

I found a trick to help baby sleep.

Whiskey.

I would drink a bunch of whiskey then sleep through the baby crying all night.

I assumed you were doing the classic trick of rubbing a small bit of whisky on their gums to send them off to sleep...

Think it is generally frowned upon these days however!

Congratulations Mork. Life is never the same again not that you would ever change it.

• Like 1

I assumed you were doing the classic trick of rubbing a small bit of whisky on their gums to send them off to sleep...

Think it is generally frowned upon these days however!

I thought about it but realized whiskey is just going to be wasted on a baby because they won't be able to enjoy the taste.

Out of the bottle? I bet it wasn't even a nice single malt either. Philistine Posted Image

My daughter is two and she manages to sleep through the night. The only problem I currently have is when she decides she will go to sleep. As I'm a weekend dad it's not to bad for myself, but Friday we went to bed around 4am and Saturday it was 2am.

• Like 1

You eventually get used to it.

Also, sleep is for the weak. You can sleep when you're dead.

Coffee makes you strong! :D