FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BassTrombone

How lenient are you with new players?

When you are playing your main character, how lenient are you with new players and how much are you willing to help the new players in WoW? Thanks for the feedback!

If they're new I'm generally patient with them, explain things in chat etc. I get less lenient with new players who just aren't willing to listen to others. I'm fine with a new player not knowing how to turn off their pet taunt as a hunter for example, because I can show them (which has happened before), however I'm less forgiving with players who just refuse to communicate, learn or listen, since reading chat and following instructions for basic things like that I imagine wouldn't be very hard for a new player.

• Like 1

Agreed. There is a real problem with some higher level players who are very vocal about new players. They do not understand that constructive criticism goes a very long way. 

12 hours ago, BassTrombone said:

When you are playing your main character, how lenient are you with new players and how much are you willing to help the new players in WoW? Thanks for the feedback!

There's a very specific line that I draw in terms of helping - if a player is new and simply states that they don't understand something, need help, whatever it may be, I'm 100% OK with helping and will always do my best to explain whatever they need. 

hate when they join a raid, refuse to acknowledge that they don't know what to do and will wipe the raid because they simply won't admit that they don't know what to do. It happens very often in late-week runs of Antorus, like on Garothi. They will be placing decimates in the centre of the raid, put the tank debuff through the melee etc. etc.

If you don't know, inform yourself, ask, whatever. Don't blindly make the experience worse for others because you can't say you don't know.

I'm actually super lenient.  If you're joining with randoms, expect a random amount of quality.  I will always step up to teach someone if they ask too.

I actually got really upset with a friend of mine, and especially the group.  It was just a heroic Violet Hold during mid-Legion.  Some DPS used one of the crystals, and they kicked him.  Because apparently, it is best to use the crystals on the final boss.  I was absolutely floored, and they felt completely justified for it.

They did not attempt to teach him, or anything.  Just kicked him for "Being stupid".  Let alone the fact that any one of us could have easily solo'd Violet Hold at that point.  I absolutely abhor that kind of attitude.

• Like 1

Depends how they are with criticism.

If they're open to learning new things, then I try to work with them.

But if they just completely ignore all my advice and keep doing things like wiping the group. My patience grows very thin, very quickly.

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

Generally speaking, I refrain from involvement w/ other players. This is my choice for several reasons. The two most important reasons being time-consumption and dealing w/ jerks. Of course, if I'm in the field and I notice someone struggling and in trouble I will help them. Also, if I can answer a question of a newbie, I will respond. Lastly, I will interact w/ premade RBG group members. That's about it.