FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vicecomes

Upgrading gear choices and DPS

I got some loot from Flex yesterday, but now im wondering if its an upgrade or not.
Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/...ragnaros/Vicecomes/simple
Its about the following gear:
Current Cloudscorcher Shoulderpads > Rime-Rift Shoulders

According to the BiS option in AMR it an upgrade but I got a few doubts about that.

As frost mage haste is the way to go, the shoulders I currently have got massive haste.

The new shoulders got crit and mastery. I already got a lot of mastery and don't need crit as a frost mage.

Current Chronomancer Robes > Robes of the Tendered Heart

The new chest has more haste but I would lose the 2p set bonus. AMR also says thats it's an update. The Robes of Tendered Heart seem to be BiS for frost mages.

What are your toughts on this?

Then another question.

If I look at the realistic DPS rankings on noxxic.com (can I refer to them here? tongue.png) I see that as frost mage with either 528/536 ilvl I should be doing over 200k dps. In a raid I'm mostly stuck at ~130-150k. On a raiding dummy I'm stuck at ~120k-130k with full burst.

What should be doable with my gear?

I'll try and upload some logs soon so you can have a more in-depth analysis.

Thanks so far.

SimC (With your gear vs a Raid Dummy)

183 860.1 DPS with all Raidbuffs

141 348.2 DPS with only Arcane Brilliance

I notice you have Windsong (1500 secondary stat) on your Weapon, most people prefer Jade Spirit (1650 Primary Stat) since Int > Secondary Stats

SimC (With your gear vs a Raid Dummy)
183 860.1 DPS with all Raidbuffs
141 348.2 DPS with only Arcane Brilliance

I notice you have Windsong (1500 secondary stat) on your Weapon, most people prefer Jade Spirit (1650 Primary Stat) since Int > Secondary Stats

Thanks for the answer. Me having Windsong instead of Jade Spirit is purely an economic reason.

Windsong is usually around 90 gold. Jade Spirit is around 1600 gold.

My current weapon is ilvl 528 from LFR. When i get a flex version, ill probably buy the expensive enchant.

Do you have any suggestions on the gear upgrades?

Edited by Vicecomes

Raid Dummy, All Raid Buffs, Optimized Gear (askmrrobot)

Current: 186193.2

Rime Rift(flex): 188749.6

Robes of the Tendered Heart(flex): 183447.8

EDIT: So taking the new Rime Rift Shoulders is a slight dps increase, but you are going to have to reforge everything and buy 2 more gems.

Taking the new Chest piece will decrease your dps cause you lose the 2p set bonus

Edited by Archimage

I got some loot from Flex yesterday, but now im wondering if its an upgrade or not.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/...ragnaros/Vicecomes/simple

Its about the following gear:

Current Cloudscorcher Shoulderpads > Rime-Rift Shoulders

According to the BiS option in AMR it an upgrade but I got a few doubts about that.

As frost mage haste is the way to go, the shoulders I currently have got massive haste.

The new shoulders got crit and mastery. I already got a lot of mastery and don't need crit as a frost mage.

Current Chronomancer Robes > Robes of the Tendered Heart

The new chest has more haste but I would lose the 2p set bonus. AMR also says thats it's an update. The Robes of Tendered Heart seem to be BiS for frost mages.

What are your toughts on this?

Then another question.

If I look at the realistic DPS rankings on noxxic.com (can I refer to them here? tongue.png) I see that as frost mage with either 528/536 ilvl I should be doing over 200k dps. In a raid I'm mostly stuck at ~130-150k. On a raiding dummy I'm stuck at ~120k-130k with full burst.

What should be doable with my gear?

I'll try and upload some logs soon so you can have a more in-depth analysis.

Thanks so far.

Please, don't refer to AMR BiS list. It is a BiS items, not a random LFR item list. Personal optimization of gear can highly differ with different item levels. You can select AMR's Best in Bags option for your own BiS list.

If I only look at 1-1 chest/shoulders items I can say that Tier one is better, and the Clodscorcher is better. BUT again. Changing one item can easily change your whole gearing. This is why I highly suggest AMR Best in Bags.

NEVER EVER refer to noxxic, please. It is out-of-date and... They just don't make sense at all in most topics.

Also treat Simcraft with caution since that number is made by a robot who never makes a mistake, always makes perfect decision, DPS CD, and rotation and is never interrupted by anything.

If you post some combatlogs, preferably from Sha of Pride or Malkorok (those are single target pretty stationary fights) I'd gladly have a look at them.