FORUMS
Stan

Allied Races Page Update: May 4

qSJLdVs.jpg

Blizzard has updated the official Allied Races page with more information about Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs including racial traits and new screenshots of their Heritage Armor & mounts.

You can find a detailed preview of both Allied Races here.

KWHCDPJ1KCH11524248907532.jpgLGUFG2VG7DDI1524248907484.jpgJGEKL0VRXYA41524248907848.jpgJQ0SURCZVI4Z1524248925408.jpgBCMBUQPA7D7W1524248925278.jpgER9ITLK88LW41524248925580.jpg

Information about the other two Allied Races (Kul Tirans & Zandalari Trolls) are still missing and will be added in the future. Are you looking forward to any of the races? Let us know in the comments!

(Source)

• Like 1

Meh, I would love to change my Warlock to a Mag'har, the dark, blackrock clan-looking one, but unfortunately that won't work. :/

Maybe I could change my undead priest into one, but that particularly awesome looking skin only really would fit a shadow priest...

Tough choices ahead! :D

3 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

We all racechanging our Orcs when these guys arrive?

You'd be dumb not to race change about every character to new races based on how good most of these new passives are.

Naaah, they do look cooler but the racials are not very good. Those Orcs would fit better as hunters I think.

I want to know when Blizzard will release new allied races. I heard it's possible that they release the Vampire Elves as allied race for the Horde, the San'layn. That'd be awesome! But we already have the Suramar Elves so it wouldn't make much sense honestly. 

I prefer variant of other races, like the Taunka from Borean Tundra for Taurens. What do you guys think? 

31 minutes ago, LincR said:

I want to know when Blizzard will release new allied races. I heard it's possible that they release the Vampire Elves as allied race for the Horde, the San'layn. That'd be awesome! But we already have the Suramar Elves so it wouldn't make much sense honestly. 

I prefer variant of other races, like the Taunka from Borean Tundra for Taurens. What do you guys think? 

They will probably go with allied race from every standard race we have. Taurens helped us gain HMT so no more taurens. Orcs will give us Mag'har, Blood Elfs give us Nightborne, Troll - Zandalari, so whats left is Undead and Goblins. Goblins have alot in common with Vulpera, both nations get their resources from treasure hunting and merchandise. San'layn are possible choice for Undead allied race. Can't see anything else that would made some pact with them. San'layn female would also satisfy everyone who wanted dark ranger class.

On 05/05/2018 at 1:16 PM, Dejo93 said:

We all racechanging our Orcs when these guys arrive?

To Dwarf? Yeah!

I'm just hoping that blizzard can change the DK starter quests or make some other change to enable allied races to be DK. Would just be nice to try out some of the new races for DK. Personally I think Zandalari DKs would be badass.

2 hours ago, SMOrcMan said:

I'm just hoping that blizzard can change the DK starter quests or make some other change to enable allied races to be DK. Would just be nice to try out some of the new races for DK. Personally I think Zandalari DKs would be badass.

This would be extremely messy lore wise. None of these races were really impacted by the scourge, since the lands they hailed from have always been "lost". Same reason we do not have Panda death knights, they never fought for/against anyone at the time of the scourge running a muck. You'd be doing some (more) major retcon to force this in.

Just now, Laragon said:

This would be extremely messy lore wise. None of these races were really impacted by the scourge, since the lands they hailed from have always been "lost". Same reason we do not have Panda death knights, they never fought for/against anyone at the time of the scourge running a muck. You'd be doing some (more) major retcon to force this in.

I've seen this discussion before and someone made a very good point - the whole Legion DK plotline was basically raising new DKs, finding new ways to make them etc. - by this logic, it's definitely possible to get new DKs, since we can clearly make them. They'd just need to rewrite things. 

Also, a Panda DK does exist. There was a follower in WoD that was one - the lore was something like, they wandered Azeroth and got caught by the scourge. Surely it's possible other races did this too?

30 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I've seen this discussion before and someone made a very good point - the whole Legion DK plotline was basically raising new DKs, finding new ways to make them etc. - by this logic, it's definitely possible to get new DKs, since we can clearly make them. They'd just need to rewrite things. 

Also, a Panda DK does exist. There was a follower in WoD that was one - the lore was something like, they wandered Azeroth and got caught by the scourge. Surely it's possible other races did this too?

I never heard much about the DK class plot line, but if that's the case then maybe it isn't as far of a stretch. They are the class in their lore that has no limitations on race.

Unlike something like paladin or warlock that can have really awkward class-race history to reconcile. Everyone dies, not everyone loves the light/void as a race. Last thing I want is a gnome paladin or a dranei warlock (for the good guys). Those would feel awkward. I don't think any race as a DK would be awkward long term, just need some justification of how we get here.

1 minute ago, Laragon said:

I never heard much about the DK class plot line, but if that's the case then maybe it isn't as far of a stretch. They are the class in their lore that has no limitations on race.

Unlike something like paladin or warlock that can have really awkward class-race history to reconcile. Everyone dies, not everyone loves the light/void as a race. Last thing I want is a gnome paladin or a dranei warlock (for the good guys). Those would feel awkward. I don't think any race as a DK would be awkward long term, just need some justification of how we get here.

Yeah, exactly. There's also a very strong emphasis on the idea that very few people in history have ever chosen to become a Death Knight. Arthas, Bolvar, maybe the second generation as well? Realistically, though, every "living" Death Knight was forced into it somehow. This means that the only restriction is whether or not a Death Knight with the power to raise someone (which apparently Bolvar can give to certain DKs) can get to the body. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, Blainie said:

Yeah, exactly. There's also a very strong emphasis on the idea that very few people in history have ever chosen to become a Death Knight. Arthas, Bolvar, maybe the second generation as well? Realistically, though, every "living" Death Knight was forced into it somehow. This means that the only restriction is whether or not a Death Knight with the power to raise someone (which apparently Bolvar can give to certain DKs) can get to the body. 

Honestly we saw that high mountain tauren were involved in the war of the ancients, so they definitely could have been raised by arthas even. The others are a bit messy for arthas but 100% it could have been done under Bolvar considering we even try to raise Tirion who definitely died after people from the other allied races had died. The only one that might be a bit of a stretch is lightforged Draenei, but even so, it's possible.

19 hours ago, SMOrcMan said:

Honestly we saw that high mountain tauren were involved in the war of the ancients, so they definitely could have been raised by arthas even. The others are a bit messy for arthas but 100% it could have been done under Bolvar considering we even try to raise Tirion who definitely died after people from the other allied races had died. The only one that might be a bit of a stretch is lightforged Draenei, but even so, it's possible.

I'm sure that, with a bit of work, they could make some lore explanation for LFD becoming DKs. The biggest issue is that the LFD themselves won't accept a Death Knight, but DKs aren't really accepted anywhere, let's be honest. The whole starter quest in Stormwind/Orgrimmar of getting pelted with tomatoes and such kind of reinforces that. 

A LFD would never choose to be a DK, of course, but nobody really does. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:27 AM, Blainie said:

I'm sure that, with a bit of work, they could make some lore explanation for LFD becoming DKs. The biggest issue is that the LFD themselves won't accept a Death Knight, but DKs aren't really accepted anywhere, let's be honest. The whole starter quest in Stormwind/Orgrimmar of getting pelted with tomatoes and such kind of reinforces that. 

A LFD would never choose to be a DK, of course, but nobody really does. 

LFD is a bit odd for me because the light protected tirion from becoming a dk in the legion dk campaign, so while it's possible, it's a bit of a stretch. Besides, LFD racials don't do much for DK and they would look almost identical to reg draenei considering all dks have blue eyes. So IMO, not worth the potential lore mixup

17 hours ago, SMOrcMan said:

LFD is a bit odd for me because the light protected tirion from becoming a dk in the legion dk campaign, so while it's possible, it's a bit of a stretch. Besides, LFD racials don't do much for DK and they would look almost identical to reg draenei considering all dks have blue eyes. So IMO, not worth the potential lore mixup

This all depends on how we/Blizzard perceive the Light. It's evident with what happened with Illidan, the Light/Naaru aren't just plain good and have agendas too. 

Depending on the LFD, they might have done something that the Light no longer considers them as a necessity to be saved, rather just another thing in the cosmos. 

Also, we were the ones trying to raise Tirion in a "holy" place. What if it was done far away from Light's Hope, the bastion of the Paladins, instead somewhere in Northrend by Bolvar himself. The attempt on Tirion was a cocky pass in a place where any undead thing is going to be weaker and any servant of the Light is going to be a hell of a lot stronger.

is there any info on how the maghar, zaldari trolls, kul'turan humans and dark iron dwarves are unlocked?

or whether or not they'll have a starting zone like the others (even if it's just an instance like the pandarens and death knights)?

cause i know from watching a few minutes of a lightforged draenei last month that they just get kicked into the action at level 20 and start off with the first level 10 zones.

at the minute i'm working on a pandaren hunter for something i want to do when i get my first month's subscription. but once i'm done with my plan i was going to do a race change to an orc (i did the pandaren because there were some wandering isle pets i wanted) but the idea of a maghar orc hunter (or a shaman to balance with my orc warlock) sounds fun

10 hours ago, knight85 said:

is there any info on how the maghar, zaldari trolls, kul'turan humans and dark iron dwarves are unlocked?

or whether or not they'll have a starting zone like the others (even if it's just an instance like the pandarens and death knights)?

cause i know from watching a few minutes of a lightforged draenei last month that they just get kicked into the action at level 20 and start off with the first level 10 zones.

at the minute i'm working on a pandaren hunter for something i want to do when i get my first month's subscription. but once i'm done with my plan i was going to do a race change to an orc (i did the pandaren because there were some wandering isle pets i wanted) but the idea of a maghar orc hunter (or a shaman to balance with my orc warlock) sounds fun

I assume it will be the same process - reputation locked behind a BfA faction. You'll probably need exalted with them and then need to complete a small scenario.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, Erialis said:

San'layn female would also satisfy everyone who wanted dark ranger class.

If you are talking about just a physical look ... sure ... if you are talking about an actual feel of a dark ranger, no ... hunter class as they are now, are not dark rangers ... by any way possible.  Don't forget that abilities that would make a dark ranger isn't the same that the hunters have.  The only skill that I ever found that hunters have (well, could have) that might have fit the dark ranger class was a talent that taunted the target .. black arrow i believe, but i can't remember the name necessarily.  Not that I'm trying to complain, I just want to point out that this wouldn't satisfy everyone, but only ones that would be ok with just the look of a dark ranger.  There is plenty that want dark ranger as a class with different abilities than what hunters have.