FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2013

[BlizzCon] Will A New Class be Added into WoW 6.0?

Since the BlizzCon is so close, there must be some shocking news for WoW. Do you think whether a new class will be added into the next expansion or not? If yes, what ii it? Actually, I found there were voices that speculate on the Demon Hunter and Time Walker. Anyway, what's your predictions?

We (moderators), are pretty sure that the actual name will be: 

Titans-of-the-infinite-dark-hearth-star-mists-of-draenor-throne-we-stole-Peelyon's-ideas-craft

Legit, isn't it? :D

However, I can't think of any new classes. I mean, with MoP it was so obvious that we'll get Monk thanks to Diablo3.

If we followed this path the new class should be Crusader. But that is like a Paladin.. Demon Hunter.. is like a hunter. but without pet. I can't imagine anything new to be added to make it different from existing hunters.

Time Walkers however sounds so good. I've been thinking for a long time why mages always get abilities and sets in connection with time. Alter time... Time Warp.. Chronomancer regalia, Time lord regalia...

Something is definitely going on with time. A new caster class maybe?

• Like 1

Right now in the game there is 3 cloth classes, 3 leather classes, 2 mail classes and 3 plate classes.

I know it doesn't really mean anything, but should there be a new class, I'm pretty sure it'll be a mail wearing one. Possibly a caster too, since now Shamans are the only ones using Int Mail.

My badge got missprinted as Stormbk instead of Stormdk so obviously the new hero class is going to be the Burger King

• Like 4

I think the title needs some work still! Back onto topic, I can't see any new classes this time. In fact I'm really looking forward to how they move the game forward.

Let's hope it brings some new exciting stuff.

The theme has been either a new race or a new class (TBC - races LK - class Cata - races MoP - both) I think they'll possibly do neither depending on what else they have thats new.

I'm always wrong though! It will be whatever fits with the story best I guess

How about a 4th spec for every class? Like warlock tanks, dk healers, Melee priests, etc

Its kind of a long shot, but I think if they add a new class it will be based around the Tinker hero class from WC3. They will be a intellect mail wearer with DPS and Tanking capabilities. I know that originally it was a Goblin Tinker, but considering how integrated Goblins are with the game it would make sense that they taught other races their ways when it came to the Tinker.  As far as specifics as to how this class would play I don't really know, but it would definitely be very tech based(take engineering's gadget and increase that tenfold); possibly they would have a different machine for DPS and Tanking (maybe a Mechano-tank for DPS and a Shredder for Tanking) this would be similar to stances/seals/presences/etc.. This is probably all just fantasy and won't come to pass but I think it would be pretty awesome. Only time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

Posting most important things from blizzcon. Follow @Oltier on twitter wink.png

#Blizzcon @Icyveins New world: Draenor; Build your own Garrison; level cap to 100; Updated character models, instant boost to lvl90 somehow

There shouldn't be a new class for the same reason they shouldn't add new abilities. Inflation exists, and the classes are going to get bloated fast. Given that there is still room for a few more before we get to that point, we must still consider the fact that adding another class means it is that much harder to balance every single other class, and pvp/pve as a whole.

I am not sure on anything but I guess some new hero class should be made (just like DK in wrath).

I like the idea of a class you can only play after certain requirements are met. I'm hoping on something like a questline you can follow in order to unlock said class.

I am not sure on anything but I guess some new hero class should be made (just like DK in wrath).

I like the idea of a class you can only play after certain requirements are met. I'm hoping on something like a questline you can follow in order to unlock said class.

That sounds interesting, but sadly it seems to go against Blizzards "need" to make everyone feel "inclusive" regardless of the time they involve in the game.

I am going to go with a new mail class on this one... I can see another mail class that has a Time Warp/Blood Lust/Hero ability. I don't see many people talking about brez... what are your guys thoughts on a class with brez and hero?

If you're attempting to argue that warlocks (for instance) are defined by their access to brez, I'ma smack you.  A class is more than a pile of utility.  Start with "basic rotation is distinct" on the mechanical end (a problem hunter specs have right now) and accent with cool abilities.  Vastly more important, though, is that a class needs to feel thematically distinct... and we're actually pretty well covered right now.  Tinker is the most reasonable suggestion I've seen, but unless they have a wealth of good ideas on how to pull it off they aren't going to do it for the hell of it.