FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmeralia

Adventure guides

It seems like, to me, that the treasures and card buckets in Dungeon Run/Monster Hunt vary incredibly and winning often involves getting really lucky with what options are available at any given moment. Given this, it feels like a good course of action would be identifying "must have" options and conceding the run if you don't get them. For Dungeon Run, I've completed it only on a paladin and for Monster Hunt only on Houndmaster Shaw. I'm not good with warrior so I'm having trouble on the Cannoneer. Tess seems weak to me with her scavenge agility... many times its not worth the 3 mana cost of drawing and playing the card. And Toki i just dont get with her weird hero power. It doesnt seem to affect the per-turn card draw, just affects things during the turn. I'm not really good at mage in general outside of the tempo mage deck I have... I'm never sure what criteria to use when deciding whether to use her hero power to get a better draw than I get initially. Mostly because I'm not really sure what is actually "better" in the first place.

It's somewhat ironic; when I first got into Hearthstone, I was almost exclusively PvE. Now I tend to play more PvP in ranked standard.

Toki's hero power is used if you get a bad card from one of the many RNG based cards she has access to.

It doesn't change your draw, because the board state (including your deck) reverts to whatever it was before you started your turn.

With Crowley the Canoneer i went with the beserker & commander cards the "dragon fire"(+1 cannon damage) & "first aid"( heal 2 to friends and end of turn) treasures .these worked well against Crowley nemesis Godfrey. The hero's of the run were the "rowdy-bar-patron" or whatever it's called. The cars where when it services damage summons another. 

Edited by FoolyCoolyBlues

Grim Patron. I've seen that a few times but even when I picked that bucket, i never drew it. Was just doing decently in a Cannoneer run until I hit Vitus. His buff plus imp master/etc flooded the board. Ok, wiped with Brawl. Next turn he summons 5 wisps and controls the whole board again. Gah. That said, I rarely see Dragonfire Ammo on most of my runs, is why I was thinking of conceding if I don't get it as my first treasure, etc.