FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel65384

Rejoining WoW

Hello, I’m debating on re-upping my subscription but I really want to know how druids and Paladins are doing before I re-up it?

especially druids- a long time ago I feel like the Druid was a perfect jack-of-all-traits yet master of one. He was never as versitial as specific classes but we can stand his ground with each of them. Ie his dps can match a mage, healing match a priest and so on. Last I played I feel like the turned the Druid into a shaman, good at everything but cannot match the specific class. Just wanted to see how the Druid is now in this regard?

also the paladin. Specific healidin, they have always been tough to play but are they good? And did they happen to bring back the healidin-dps paladin (range/mage paladin)?

thanks for the help all!

12 hours ago, Daniel65384 said:

Bump? Need help before I buy or I won’t buy

Sorry, your comment didn't get approved straight away (mods normally aren't as active on the weekends, myself included!). As for your actual question:

Druids and Paladins are both in a solid spot, depending on what you want to play. For Paladin, they are great in any role. DPS is very straight forward, maybe not the most exciting to play, but they perform well and you can get great results for little effort. They are very good tanks and healers also, in both raids and M+.

To answer your question simply, hybrid tax is gone. Look at this link:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-7.3.2/all/world/leaderboards#role=healer:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=29

In the "top" Mythic+ runs, it's basically ALL Paladin and Druid healers. They are amazing for M+.

In this link:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-7.3.2/all/world/leaderboards#role=tank:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=29

They are less represented as tanks, purely because Death Knights are so incredibly good. If you step down to 20-24, in this link:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-7.3.2/all/world/leaderboards#role=tank:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=20:maxMythicLevel=24

They still have more than Warrior and Monk as tanks in that region.

For DPS:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-7.3.2/all/world/leaderboards#role=dps:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=29

Druids, as Balance especially, are second top chosen. They are amazing at top tier Mythic+ levels.

So, yeah. Hybrid tax is definitely gone. They are performing very well.

2 hours ago, Daniel65384 said:

Awesome thank u for the help!

No problem; one thing to remember, you might want to keep an eye on the upcoming changes. I know BfA is a few months away, but you're still going to be leveling/playing as changes are coming in for the new expansion (pre-patch is probably in 2 months), so things might change then.

So my general advice: don't play a class because of its current status. If you say "i just return if Pala or Druid is on a good spot" - do not return. This can change faster than...faster than you can say " I return" :-D.

Its like said, new addon is not that far away and some classes will be overhauld - so you won't be prepared (greetings from Illidan ;-))!

3 minutes ago, Allseye said:

So my general advice: don't play a class because of its current status. If you say "i just return if Pala or Druid is on a good spot" - do not return. This can change faster than...faster than you can say " I return" :-D.

Its like said, new addon is not that far away and some classes will be overhauld - so you won't be prepared (greetings from Illidan ;-))!

Yeah, unfortunately, this is always the problem with any kind of "flavour of the month" class. It's always going to change. You might get a month or so of dominating M+ keys before the pre-patch and changes get announced. 

They will both probably still have a very strong spec, it just might not be healer anymore.

To answer your question, there are way too many variables. Druids and pallys are both bvery good right now, as any spec, but you need so many things to optimize. Legendaries are pretty huge, and secondary stats make gearing much harder than last expansions, though you can very quickly increase your item level to get into higher level groups. I had to become a casual recently, due to my wife having our second child, so I am simply having fun gearing a bunch of different classes. There are so many other things to do, that I would recommend picking the one you have the most fun with, and going to the other when you get bored of that one. Regardless, this is a very good expansion and worth what you will experience in the next couple months, which is when the pre-patch will come for the next xpac. Get in now while you have a chance to see the good ideas they had for Legion.

On 09/05/2018 at 12:01 AM, Sharknad0 said:

To answer your question, there are way too many variables. Druids and pallys are both bvery good right now, as any spec, but you need so many things to optimize. Legendaries are pretty huge, and secondary stats make gearing much harder than last expansions, though you can very quickly increase your item level to get into higher level groups. I had to become a casual recently, due to my wife having our second child, so I am simply having fun gearing a bunch of different classes. 

The catchup for legendaries makes it so that you can get at least 1 per week, though, for not a massive amount of effort. If OP was looking at DPS, Insignia would also be a decent choice, but that doesn't really apply to healers. 

As Hpal, as long as you have some combination of Velen's, Judgement Ring, Highlord Ring, Prydaz, Chain of Thrayn or Cloak, you're going to be fine for legendaries. With 6 legendaries that are viable, they're the most versatile by far in terms of choice that works for PvE.

Druid is a bit more tough, since you "need" Shoulders, but the second slot can be filled by Velen's, Tearstone, Helm, Prydaz or Chest. There's definitely some flexibility on the second slot. 

Both specs are nothing like Shadow Priest, for example, where it's basically just: Sephuz and Belt or tough crap.