FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nika

Mythic Keystones

Hi, I have a question regarding Mythic Keystones.

I have noticed that the current keystone in your bag changes whenever you invite other players to join or when you join others. I am not sure if this is intended but it is now the second time I have noticed it. I had in my bags a Court Of Stars level 14 which I got after a 15 key run with my guild, I skipped the next week it did ofcourse go down a level, no problem. I got invited to another guild run tonight with the same key still in my bags. But as soon as I joined the group I saw the keystone changed to Cathedral of Eternal Night. Is this intended? The first one made me feel rather stupid after starting a group for Maw of Souls and when the people joined it changed to Eye of Azshara. If anyone has an answer it would be of great help.

Personally, I've never heard of this happening or had it happen to me. This is the first I've heard of it.

Do you mean you mean that you had the Maw of Souls key in your bag, then invited someone and, with it being in your bag already, the key changed to Eye of Azshara as soon as they joined? The level stayed the same? Was it a MoS key right before you invited them? Did it change straight away? 

If so, I'd report it as a bug or try disabling addons, since it might be a visual bug of some sort.

• Thanks 1

The Keystone was MoS yes BEFORE inviting people, I did not notice it had changed until we all went into the dungeon where the font of power was used and the game said the key was for another dungeon making me feel like a noob for getting the other folks there and then awkwardly needing to explain what had happened. 

Thanks for the response was hoping some one might have had the same thing occurring to them, but seeing as some other seasoned players on my Friends list also never had it happened or heard of it tells me it sure is a bug and a rare one at that.

Will definitely report it as such. 

Makes me a little skittish of using my own keys now.

Again thanks so much for the kind and understanding response from Icy Veins.

Have a good one!!

20 hours ago, Nika said:

Will definitely report it as such. 

If you get any kind of response, definitely let us know. If there's a specific thing that triggers this bug, it might cause problems for people in the future too!

I'd be pretty peeved if I lost a nice key and it turned into something like Seat or Cathedral.

On 6.5.2018 at 8:53 PM, Nika said:

I had in my bags a Court Of Stars level 14 which I got after a 15 key run with my guild, I skipped the next week it did ofcourse go down a level, no problem. I got invited to another guild run tonight with the same key still in my bags.

Mh, this seems a bit curious to me. If you skip a week, you do not have a key in your bag. It gets deleted for next week. So how could you have still the same key in your bag?

So this sounds of an addon-display-problem to me and i also never heard/read about this. Are you using any (old) addons for your inventory?

No I have no outdated addons. I always make sure I have them updated if some of them are no longer being updated I discontinue the use of them and find ones that are kept up to date. I thought it does too. I did report the bug, but I think a ticket for clearer answers should be a better route after all. I will keep this up to date and post any feedback I can find here. 

I thought they get destroyed after the week is out but the same key was still in my bags even when reset rolled in. So I accepted its how it works. But will put it in the ticket as well and hope to get the answers we seek

A side note before the reset today. I am disabling all my addons to make one hundred percent sure that there are no addons causing it since I use Elvui.

No add ons are in use at the moment and checked the two toons with the keys to see what happens within the next 45 mins

Alright it seems now that the keys are gone, but will still log a ticket to find out what happened and how it was possible will check back in with any news as I get it

With my monk got a new key for 14 Court of Stars (Rumae on Chromaggus) Horde

My other monk got a Neltharion's Lair 8 (Majinique on Hellscream) Alliance

Testing now without Interface altering addons

Edited by Nika

Got a response from Support, to also report it as a bug which I did again with more details. So as far as the forums go I have not seen any other posts about this. Thanks for taking the time to read it and to help out with advice.

19 hours ago, Nika said:

Got a response from Support, to also report it as a bug which I did again with more details. So as far as the forums go I have not seen any other posts about this. Thanks for taking the time to read it and to help out with advice.

Hopefully whatever caused it is either found by the team or it doesn't affect anyone again. At least your keys are working as normal this week.

• Like 1