FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedar

Wizard missing Teleport spell

Hello,

Currently at level 68. I cannot find the teleport spell on any of my tabs. Would be glad of any help that could be provided. Glad to submit screenshots if helpful.

3 hours ago, Cedar said:

Hello,

Currently at level 68. I cannot find the teleport spell on any of my tabs. Would be glad of any help that could be provided. Glad to submit screenshots if helpful.

Please do. You should unlock it at level 22, so I'm really surprised you don't have it. It should be with Slow Time, Frost Nova and Diamond Skin. 

As you can see below, I have two mastery tabs but am missing one other. Normally I would not mind having the extra offensive availability, but Urzael is kicking my hind end without any defensives. I had to turn it down from master to expert because of the lack of defensives.

image.thumb.jpeg.a329b1d0afc94dc102d14467f2a7e9ba.jpeg

Edited by Cedar

You have Archon + BlackHole from the same set of skills. If you have 2 skills from one set (in your case "Mastery") you obviously will be missing one set completly (there are 6 sets and you have 6 slots.)

If you want Teleport you need to switch one of your sets (e.g. Archon or Blackhole, but you can switch Magical Weapon or Blizzard too of course).

You can scroll through your 6 sets by klicking on the arrow keys <- / -> in the skill menue. Just pick the skill you want to change, then use the arrow keys.
Teleport belongs to the Set "Defensive"

Is there somewhere that will tell me how to manipulate the visible tabs? I have tinkered with double sets until i seem to have one of each, but now am looking to acquire the beginners build show here which requires storm armor and familiar.. two traits on the same set.

You have 6 different skill you can use.
You can choose your 6 skills out of 6 different skill-sets (Defensive, Offensive, Mastery...)
You can combine those skills however you want: You can use exactly 1 skill out of every skill-set.
Or you can use e.g. 4 skills out of 1 skill-set and 2 skills out of another skill-set - meaning you have 4 skill-sets you didn't choose a single skill from.
Just start with your first skill: Pick whatever you like.
If the skill set is not the one you want to pick from, use the arrow keys and navigate until you have the skill-set you want.
After you have your first skill go with the second skill. Again, navigate with the arrow keys until you have the skill set you like.
Then proceed to the third skill.
Repeat until you have all 6 skills defined by the skill you want.

I admit I don't see quite the problem, all skill-settings / equipment... are quite self explanatory in D3 IMO.
You need to enable "elective mode" in your game-setting, otherwise you can't switch the skill-sets. But you have already enabled this, because you already had two out of one skill-set. Which is only possible by enabling "elective-mode"

And of course you musn't have a greater Rift open or a challenge or something like that, because during those events you can't alter your skills.
To be sure just start a new game and alter your skills before you do anything else (opening a portal...)

I guess there are tons of youtube videos in which players change their skill-setup if you need a visual help.

The problem is not in selecting a particular skill, but in getting a particular tab to show up to be able to select that desired skill. If I want to have two from a particular tab, how do i make that tab show up a second time? Apparently it can be done because i manage to get two mastery tabs. I have no idea how i did it or how to do it again.

I seriously don't get it :(

Maybe I am not able to express myself clearly, because english is not my native tongue.
You can just cirlcle through all 6 skill sets by using the arrow keys.

Klick on a skill-setup (mastery, defensive...) you want to change into another one, then use the (quite big) arrow keys in the mid of your screen. The arrow-keys are right and left to the name of your choosen skill-setup at the moment.

Just cycle through the 6 avaiable skill-setups.

Have you done that?

1) Start a new game

2) Open your skills

3) Identify one skill you don't want to have

4) click on this skill

5) use the arrowkeys to circly through your 6 different skill setups until you have the one you want to use

6) repeat 3-5 until you have exactly the skills you want to use.

Don't know if you're still having a problem with this, but judging by your screenshots (there's no arrows to go through skill tabs) it looks like you've disabled Elective Mode. So you're locked into the skill sets you've chosen. Go into options -> Gameplay and check off Elective Mode and you will be able to get back to the Defensive tab with Teleport.

Edited by Solstice
  • Like 1

Got there in the end! Elective Mode causes more problems than anything else in Diablo. We might just need an Elective Mode guide, tbh, with how many people have issues with it.

11 hours ago, Cedar said:

I only recently started playing... there is quite a bit that i don't know yet!

You've passed the first boss at least - Elective Mode is a toughie!