FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nekroun

Stat Priority Help for affliction - Simc/ Pawn issue?

Hey all,

So I am understanding the stat priority of affliction based on icyveins and a few other sites I have been reading up on.. I am currently 938 ilvl , pretty fresh character and new to warlock.  I have been using Simc with pawn and everytime I take my pawn string from Simc it is giving me jacked up priorities like my last one had Versatility~= Mastery?  I am simming with single target talents as well as 2 target talent set up.  Is anyone having the same issue?  I know i can take a generic string and put it in there but I am just confused as why it is coming out this way.  Any input would be great!  Latest priority came out as below. 

Class=Warlock, Spec=Affliction, Intellect=17.21, SpellPower=16.57, CritRating=27.08, HasteRating=26.70, MasteryRating=23.55, Versatility=23.15 

11 hours ago, Nekroun said:

Hey all,

So I am understanding the stat priority of affliction based on icyveins and a few other sites I have been reading up on.. I am currently 938 ilvl , pretty fresh character and new to warlock.  I have been using Simc with pawn and everytime I take my pawn string from Simc it is giving me jacked up priorities like my last one had Versatility~= Mastery?  I am simming with single target talents as well as 2 target talent set up.  Is anyone having the same issue?  I know i can take a generic string and put it in there but I am just confused as why it is coming out this way.  Any input would be great!  Latest priority came out as below. 

Class=Warlock, Spec=Affliction, Intellect=17.21, SpellPower=16.57, CritRating=27.08, HasteRating=26.70, MasteryRating=23.55, Versatility=23.15 

Hi Nekroun,

Are you using standalone Simc? Did you download a Nightly build from 3ish days ago and not the main one listed on their site from February? Also reset the settings if you haven't yet. 

I'd usually suggest for most people to stick to Raidbots at first as it is less likely to go wrong and you do not have to update it every sim. You can also link your sims then for other people much more easily. 

Vers=Mastery can be on the odd side unless you heavily stacked mastery and/or you have 0 Vers or are really low geared (which I am going to assume you are quite low with only DPS gains in their 20s per point or your sim is just borked).  Still though you shouldn't have huge difference. Though Vers is not as great for Affy it was still only 3 points for me above the next stat and for someone else it may be 7 it's still way above Intellect. Affy just likes stats.

The rest of your string looks fine but do one on Raidbots and link your sim for me please so I can see your settings and gear. 

11 hours ago, Nekroun said:

Thank you for the response,  here is what I just ran on Raidbots, def. corrected Mastery quite a bit.  As far as simcraft I am just using the generic download not the nightly build.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/aHQYJa5GEEf1He6U2qWV1T

You're welcome. If you prefer to stick to the standalone SimC program then click on "Downloads" and then on "nightly builds are found here". You should do that at least once a week (ideally every time you sim but there's very few changes at the moment). Then in theory the 2 results should be much more similar. Like I said though I do suggest that most people just stick with Raidbots (it is also prettier!). 

So your Sim is a pretty standard result. Single target tends to favour a more spread stat balance than something like Coven. 

Have you tried Siphon Life? Even before the 4 set it tends to be stronger (and less RNG) but if you prefer Soul Conduit have at it. 

Multi-target doesn't always sim so well but you should find that Mastery becomes more desirable for you (not necessarily top though). I hope you don't mind I used your character but this is a 2 target sim so dogs basically to illustrate what I mean (with the standard talents). 

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/5ep2BY6DzbjHQ1LCegxYx1 

On 10/05/2018 at 11:17 AM, spikeysquad said:

(it is also prettier!)

Definitely prettier. SimC looks like a Win95 program half the time.

Thank you all for the responses, I was away for work and not checking this.  Since using raidbots my stat weights have corrected.  Thanks again you really gave me some good info!

• Like 1