Lager159

Frost Mage Varimathras low damage

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

 

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lager159 said:

Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

Well, since you didn't get a second TW, your Shard legendary was completely useless. It was just a stat stick, nothing else. 

Your gear is overall not really optimal, at all. You used Shard when you had no extra TW, you have no T20 2-P, your NLC traits suck. 

Your traits are Master of Shadows, Secure in the Light and Murderous Intent - Compared to the top choice of Torment the Weak, Master + Murderous together only just beat 1 choice of TtW in terms of % DPS outut.

For your main tier traits, you are running: 2x Icy Caress, 1x Obsidian Lance, 1x The Storm Rages and 2x Clarity of Thought.

In terms of ST damage, which we're seeing on Vari, The Storm Rages is completely useless. It is a dead trait. Your 2x Clarity of Thought are worth more than the rest of your traits combined. And I don't mean a bit more, I mean, 1.5x more in terms of % DPS.

Your Vitality Resonator can be beaten by so many other trinkets that I'm not sure if it's the only one you have or if you're choosing to use it. Your guild's kill time is far too slow to be using VR. It's used on so many top parses because they have ~2 minute kills, meaning they benefit from the max-intellect buff for a much larger portion of the fight. At 4+ minutes, that's not really happening anymore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Well, since you didn't get a second TW, your Shard legendary was completely useless. It was just a stat stick, nothing else. 

Your gear is overall not really optimal, at all. You used Shard when you had no extra TW, you have no T20 2-P, your NLC traits suck. 

Your traits are Master of Shadows, Secure in the Light and Murderous Intent - Compared to the top choice of Torment the Weak, Master + Murderous together only just beat 1 choice of TtW in terms of % DPS outut.

For your main tier traits, you are running: 2x Icy Caress, 1x Obsidian Lance, 1x The Storm Rages and 2x Clarity of Thought.

In terms of ST damage, which we're seeing on Vari, The Storm Rages is completely useless. It is a dead trait. Your 2x Clarity of Thought are worth more than the rest of your traits combined. And I don't mean a bit more, I mean, 1.5x more in terms of % DPS.

Your Vitality Resonator can be beaten by so many other trinkets that I'm not sure if it's the only one you have or if you're choosing to use it. Your guild's kill time is far too slow to be using VR. It's used on so many top parses because they have ~2 minute kills, meaning they benefit from the max-intellect buff for a much larger portion of the fight. At 4+ minutes, that's not really happening anymore.

I am trying to get trinket from kin'garoth but this is currently only one I have. It wasn't guild kill but pug :D ok now I see what I can do to get better. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lager159 said:

I am trying to get trinket from kin'garoth but this is currently only one I have. It wasn't guild kill but pug :D ok now I see what I can do to get better. Thanks!

Also make sure to roll your Veiled Argunite for a chance at an Arcanocrystal! High enough titanforge and it'll be your BiS for ages!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Also make sure to roll your Veiled Argunite for a chance at an Arcanocrystal! High enough titanforge and it'll be your BiS for ages!

Will do. thanks :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Spell Damage Mage deck.
    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      LEGION PROGRESSION: 2/11M at the end, started Mythic on every other raid tier.
       
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BfA!
      Currently looking for a skilled and laid back Tank for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BfA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      SCHEDULE UNTIL FIRST TIER*
      Below are our events the beginning weeks of BfA! All events start at 10pm CT.
      Week 1
      August 13th (Mon) - BfA Weekday Leveling Party! August 17th (Fri) - Leveling up in BfA Drinking Party August 19th (Sun) - Leveling up in BfA Non-Drinking Party Week 2
      August 24th & 26th (Fri/Sun) - Mandatory Mythic 0 to prep for Tier 1 *Schedule subject to changes.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Make sure to add me on Battle.net and/or fill out our app to join us. We look forward to speaking with you!
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
    • By Talethiel
      We are recruiting to build an unstoppable team to push mythic in BFA! 
      Our raid times are thursdays and sundays 20:30-23:30 server time. HC farm raid will be tuesdays.  
      Right now we are looking for
      - Mage 
      - Moonkin
      - Shadow Priest
      If you’re interested feel free to add me on battle.net (Vefreas#2920) or contact me on discord (Vefreas#9038).
    • By lChronosl
      Do we have any official statement on whether physical armor reduces non heroic damage, such as minions, mercs, monsters and structures? I tested it on the trial grounds, but since non-heroic damage numbers won't show up when the player character is hit, I was unsure. It seems to me it does, but can anyone confirm this, or link some resource?
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is a Mythic raiding guild recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team for BfA. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Especially Mage, Monk, Rogue
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://tinyurl.com/AbyssWhisperwind
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.