Lager159

Frost Mage Varimathras low damage

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15

11 hours ago, Lager159 said:

Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

Well, since you didn't get a second TW, your Shard legendary was completely useless. It was just a stat stick, nothing else. 

Your gear is overall not really optimal, at all. You used Shard when you had no extra TW, you have no T20 2-P, your NLC traits suck. 

Your traits are Master of Shadows, Secure in the Light and Murderous Intent - Compared to the top choice of Torment the Weak, Master + Murderous together only just beat 1 choice of TtW in terms of % DPS outut.

For your main tier traits, you are running: 2x Icy Caress, 1x Obsidian Lance, 1x The Storm Rages and 2x Clarity of Thought.

In terms of ST damage, which we're seeing on Vari, The Storm Rages is completely useless. It is a dead trait. Your 2x Clarity of Thought are worth more than the rest of your traits combined. And I don't mean a bit more, I mean, 1.5x more in terms of % DPS.

Your Vitality Resonator can be beaten by so many other trinkets that I'm not sure if it's the only one you have or if you're choosing to use it. Your guild's kill time is far too slow to be using VR. It's used on so many top parses because they have ~2 minute kills, meaning they benefit from the max-intellect buff for a much larger portion of the fight. At 4+ minutes, that's not really happening anymore.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Well, since you didn't get a second TW, your Shard legendary was completely useless. It was just a stat stick, nothing else. 

Your gear is overall not really optimal, at all. You used Shard when you had no extra TW, you have no T20 2-P, your NLC traits suck. 

Your traits are Master of Shadows, Secure in the Light and Murderous Intent - Compared to the top choice of Torment the Weak, Master + Murderous together only just beat 1 choice of TtW in terms of % DPS outut.

For your main tier traits, you are running: 2x Icy Caress, 1x Obsidian Lance, 1x The Storm Rages and 2x Clarity of Thought.

In terms of ST damage, which we're seeing on Vari, The Storm Rages is completely useless. It is a dead trait. Your 2x Clarity of Thought are worth more than the rest of your traits combined. And I don't mean a bit more, I mean, 1.5x more in terms of % DPS.

Your Vitality Resonator can be beaten by so many other trinkets that I'm not sure if it's the only one you have or if you're choosing to use it. Your guild's kill time is far too slow to be using VR. It's used on so many top parses because they have ~2 minute kills, meaning they benefit from the max-intellect buff for a much larger portion of the fight. At 4+ minutes, that's not really happening anymore.

I am trying to get trinket from kin'garoth but this is currently only one I have. It wasn't guild kill but pug :D ok now I see what I can do to get better. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Lager159 said:

I am trying to get trinket from kin'garoth but this is currently only one I have. It wasn't guild kill but pug :D ok now I see what I can do to get better. Thanks!

Also make sure to roll your Veiled Argunite for a chance at an Arcanocrystal! High enough titanforge and it'll be your BiS for ages!

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Also make sure to roll your Veiled Argunite for a chance at an Arcanocrystal! High enough titanforge and it'll be your BiS for ages!

Will do. thanks :)

• Like 1