FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vorguz

Dark Souls: Remastered

Heyho,

as the Dark Souls Remaster is getting alot of hate before its release i wondered if anyone of you good people will buy and play it. :)
What do you think about the remaster? Is it all a scam? Is it worth it?
If you play it, will you play it for PvP or PvE?

6 hours ago, Vorguz said:

Heyho,

as the Dark Souls Remaster is getting alot of hate before its release i wondered if anyone of you good people will buy and play it. :)
What do you think about the remaster? Is it all a scam? Is it worth it?
If you play it, will you play it for PvP or PvE?

All depends on how things look once mass reviews come in after release - I'll decide then, for PvE mainly.

16 hours ago, Blainie said:

All depends on how things look once mass reviews come in after release - I'll decide then, for PvE mainly.

Scince it is "only" 20 bucks for owners of the original game, I will buy it anyway.
Dark Souls 3 was my first Soulsborne game, and I loved every part of it (even Pontiff). Then I played every other souls game i could get my hands on. :D But my favorite part was always PvP. Im not good at it, but its fun the get my ass beaten.

The only thing that bothers me is that they left the chain backstabs and other game breaking bugs in the game.

Anyway im hyped to get my ass beaten by the bed of chaos for another 4-5 days.

A lot of expectations not being met and people unhappy with the changes that have been made. The game is more in line with a lot of those HD re-releases we saw during the last console gen where it's the same game with increased resolution and framerate, except Dark Souls has been given a generic "remastered" subtitle, presumably since the original game was technically already HD, just not full HD. Unfortunately, "remastered" has different meanings and expectations that come with those meanings for different people. Some people expected a fancier port, which is what the game ended up being and others expected a full blown remake that would touch up on some of the shortcomings of the original and bring it up to modern standards. People who were expecting the latter are understandably frustrated at the result.