FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ShiNoGekai

Help with stats and gear (im noob)

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english. 

I started to play WoW in this expansion (Legion), at the start, i only played for level up different classes and choose my main. When i chose it (Druid, i love his versatility), i started to try to gear it up, but i only copied guide of Icy Veins, copying talents and trying to get versa and crit in all my gear (the best stats for it), but here is my question, if i go to see the BIS list, is only a list for raid items and these items, have more stats than crit and versa. How can i know, what % of each stat i need? And how can i know what items of m+ are best than raid items (removing bonus set in some situations)?

Any other help is great for me, i have little idea of the game :D

Ty :D.

Hi ShiNoGekai and welcome

I can imagine, it has to be pretty hard to learn all the WoW-Stuff at this point. But well, let me try to give you a shot answer to your question. Even i do not play a Druid, there is a general behaviour with items and so called "BiS" (Best in Slot). There is a priority of main- (strength, agility, intellect) and secondary-states (mastery, haste, crit, versatility), sometimes secondary can be even stronger than main. But to keep it simple, in general I would say Itemlevel (+10) > states-priority. This is not proven at all, but you'll get a good result. There are 2 exceptions:

• amulet (necklace), rings, trinkets - because there is just stamina on it, which doesnt help to increase DPS. For trinkets, there exists some spreadsheets/lookuptable which one on which ilvl is the best.
  • Tier-slots

"Tier-slots" means: basically you should wear at least 4 set-pieces (so called Tier-sets), even if you have a higher peace for that slot. There are some classes and situations where its not necessary or you do better without set-pieces and go instead with a higher itemlevel. But I think this is to detailed at the moment. Even in Guides you mostly don't find such specific informations.

Do not stick to much on any "BiS"-lists (beside trinkets, some of them could be just OP for your class). You can try to get "BiS"-Items as a starting-level for improvement. But afterwards you'll have to simulate different gear-setups to find your best one. You can use "raidbots" for simulation in combination with the "SimC"-Addon. Just google it, there are different explanations how that works and what you have to consider.

I don't know if I answered all (or even any) of your questions. If not, feel free to reask :-)

Edited by Allseye
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Allseye said:

Hi ShiNoGekai and welcome

I can imagine, it has to be pretty hard to learn all the WoW-Stuff at this point. But well, let me try to give you a shot answer to your question. Even i do not play a Druid, there is a general behaviour with items and so called "BiS" (Best in Slot). There is a priority of main- (strength, agility, intellect) and secondary-states (mastery, haste, crit, versatility), sometimes secondary can be even stronger than main. But to keep it simple, in general I would say Itemlevel (+10) > states-priority. This is not proven at all, but you'll get a good result. There are 2 exceptions:

• amulet (necklace), rings, trinkets - because there is just stamina on it, which doesnt help to increase DPS. For trinkets, there exists some spreadsheets/lookuptable which one on which ilvl is the best.
  • Tier-slots

"Tier-slots" means: basically you should wear at least 4 set-pieces (so called Tier-sets), even if you have a higher peace for that slot. There are some classes and situations where its not necessary or you do better without set-pieces and go instead with a higher itemlevel. But I think this is to detailed at the moment. Even in Guides you mostly don't find such specific informations.

Do not stick to much on any "BiS"-lists (beside trinkets, some of them could be just OP for your class). You can try to get "BiS"-Items as a starting-level for improvement. But afterwards you'll have to simulate different gear-setups to find your best one. You can use "raidbots" for simulation in combination with the "SimC"-Addon. Just google it, there are different explanations how that works and what you have to consider.

I don't know if I answered all (or even any) of your questions. If not, feel free to reask :-)

Thanks you so much, you rlly helped me a lot. Is amazing how you explain all, im understand each thing that you said, im searching about raidbots. Thanks you again :D.

Edited by ShiNoGekai