FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lipsinch

Fury DPS and Rotation

Hello!

After a while away from forums, I'm back! And this time, as a person looking for help. I started playing as a Warrior and would like your help to figure out what I can improve on my gameplay.

Here are the logs of a full Antorus run. Note that I managed to get some gear during it (and still lack leggo legs) and am not enchanted and gemmed. I've been fiddling on a link Milka left on other thread, and I feel my rotation has improved a bit, but is there something in my rotation I can do better?

Logs

Thank you!

Edit: I'm Zùg. <:

Assuming you are Zug for now...

Your BC windows are everything.  Looking at your BC windows, you should have had 6 BC casts in this fight instead of 5.  You waited 24 seconds into the fight to pop BC.  Assuming you have the talent that gives you 100 rage when you BC (you should!), you want to pop a potion about 2 seconds before pull, then charge, then blow your BC/BB/Avatar/OF macro.  It looks like you are casting BB after Rampage during BC uptime.. you should be casting Rampage just before that macro so you can clip the 4th and 5th hits in your BC window.  Then blow the macro, then Rampage again immediately.  Doing this will get you 7 Rampage hits during your damage window, with the BB applied.  You were not getting any Rampage hits during BB because you went BC, Rampage, BB.

In Execute phase you should also be doing more damage since you are using Battlelord's Ring.  You ideally want 2 BC's in this last phase if you can... if not, then hold your BC till the end of the phase so you can take full advantage of your Juggernaut stacks.  Again, use a potion during this BC window as it's the most DPS you'll be putting out all fight.  So with the ring, try Execute, Execute, Rampage.. repeat.  Only use BT if you need rage, after BC falls off.  Otherwise keep doing the Execute, Execute, Rampage rotation to get your Juggernaut stacks going as high as possible.

That's what I can see rotationally at a glance.  Hope that helps!

12 hours ago, Obould said:

Assuming you are Zug for now...

Your BC windows are everything.  Looking at your BC windows, you should have had 6 BC casts in this fight instead of 5.  You waited 24 seconds into the fight to pop BC.  Assuming you have the talent that gives you 100 rage when you BC (you should!), you want to pop a potion about 2 seconds before pull, then charge, then blow your BC/BB/Avatar/OF macro.  It looks like you are casting BB after Rampage during BC uptime.. you should be casting Rampage just before that macro so you can clip the 4th and 5th hits in your BC window.  Then blow the macro, then Rampage again immediately.  Doing this will get you 7 Rampage hits during your damage window, with the BB applied.  You were not getting any Rampage hits during BB because you went BC, Rampage, BB.

In Execute phase you should also be doing more damage since you are using Battlelord's Ring.  You ideally want 2 BC's in this last phase if you can... if not, then hold your BC till the end of the phase so you can take full advantage of your Juggernaut stacks.  Again, use a potion during this BC window as it's the most DPS you'll be putting out all fight.  So with the ring, try Execute, Execute, Rampage.. repeat.  Only use BT if you need rage, after BC falls off.  Otherwise keep doing the Execute, Execute, Rampage rotation to get your Juggernaut stacks going as high as possible.

That's what I can see rotationally at a glance.  Hope that helps!

Hi! Thanks for the reply. What fight were you looking? Because I have BC BB macroed and don't know how I'd be blowing one after another. Concerning the execute phase, sometimes I'd mess up and execute more than once without an Enrage proc during BC or Rampage right after it due to muscle memory, but I'll pay more attention to that. About the BC at start, I've been told to HT > Charge > Leap > Charge > RP then BC. Is this not correct?

Also, I believe due to my haste being low this impacts on the rotation directly? IIRC I was sitting at 18% at the start of this run. Now that I gemmed the rig and my CoF, paired with some haste items I've dropped, I'm sitting @ 25 (although with somewhat less mastery).

On 5/24/2018 at 6:11 AM, lipsinch said:

Hi! Thanks for the reply. What fight were you looking? Because I have BC BB macroed and don't know how I'd be blowing one after another. Concerning the execute phase, sometimes I'd mess up and execute more than once without an Enrage proc during BC or Rampage right after it due to muscle memory, but I'll pay more attention to that. About the BC at start, I've been told to HT > Charge > Leap > Charge > RP then BC. Is this not correct?

Also, I believe due to my haste being low this impacts on the rotation directly? IIRC I was sitting at 18% at the start of this run. Now that I gemmed the rig and my CoF, paired with some haste items I've dropped, I'm sitting @ 25 (although with somewhat less mastery).

Sorry for the delayed response.  I believe it was Garothi that I looked at.  That and Vari are the easiest to see rotations on.

It could be that your macro casts Rampage before BB.  If so, I would fix that.   Again, you want to Rampage, then pop your macro, then Rampage again to get 7 hits in rapid succession.

I'm not sure how Charge > Leap > Charge will help you at the start.  That would cost you valuable time while your Potion is active (since you pop it just before the pull) and the benefit of the 2nd Charge is only a bit of rage, which you would get from BT anyways if you just stayed on the target.  The only fight where I use Charge and Leap to generate rage for BC is Aggramar, and that's just because of his mechanics that require you to get out and back in.  There might be a minimal gain here if you don't pre-pot, but then you lose the ability to Leap out for Decimation at the last second should you be targeted - thus losing more DPS uptime.

Haste does impact you quiet a lot.  But so does Mastery.  I wouldn't give up too much Mastery to buff Haste unless that's just the way the gear fell to you.  I've seen 21% advertised as a "good amount" of haste.  There aren't really any breakpoints, so just balance those stats the best you can.  I'm currently very Crit-heavy in my secondaries, but without the right gear getting warforged, that's just what it is for now.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, Obould said:

Haste does impact you quiet a lot.  But so does Mastery.  I wouldn't give up too much Mastery to buff Haste unless that's just the way the gear fell to you.  I've seen 21% advertised as a "good amount" of haste.  There aren't really any breakpoints, so just balance those stats the best you can.  I'm currently very Crit-heavy in my secondaries, but without the right gear getting warforged, that's just what it is for now.

There's no real reason to guess at breakpoints anymore, though. You can just sim the stats and get an answer straight away rather than going for certain stats.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, Obould said:

I'm not sure how Charge > Leap > Charge will help you at the start.  That would cost you valuable time while your Potion is active (since you pop it just before the pull) and the benefit of the 2nd Charge is only a bit of rage, which you would get from BT anyways if you just stayed on the target.  The only fight where I use Charge and Leap to generate rage for BC is Aggramar, and that's just because of his mechanics that require you to get out and back in.  There might be a minimal gain here if you don't pre-pot, but then you lose the ability to Leap out for Decimation at the last second should you be targeted - thus losing more DPS uptime.

Not a fan of this Charge - Leap - Charge either, at all. I can't see any beneficial reason to do this over the standard opener.

This week's logs. Enchanted and gemmed a bit and got 2 gear improvements.

Last night my computer was acting up a bit on some fights and kept having FPS stutters, my active time might've gone down. Also I can't raid for long, I end up getting tired and my attention span goes poof.

Also, a question that I kind of have the answer: during BC, given my stats, I don't seem to be able to fill the whole second Rampage cast inside the window, the 2 last parts seem to always drop off BC. The stats don't snapshot and those hits go without the BC effect, right?

Hey Lipsinch,

Just wanna reply on your last logfile. You're doing well. The fact that you are lacking the BIS trousers is unfortunately limiting your max dps output. Though with this knowledge you did a good amount of dps on the Vari fight. Also your itemlevel performance isn't bad at all.

If you have the chance to get the Berserkers and your set shoulders (any itemlevel) would be an improvement, it's time again to optimize.

Using Archimtiros Fury guide is a great choice which really helps out.

Though some small hint to your rotation at Varimathras. BT does have a higher cast priority than RB. You used a chain of 4 times RB which is definitely not good. The max amount of RB you can possible chain cast until BT comes off CD is 2.