FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
apparition666

inconsistant shaman dps

hey everyone. I have been quickly gearing an alt shaman for a friends raid. I normally run ele and heal a few fights currently. my elemental set is decent, but my dps seems to be inconsistent. some pulls I do really well, while others I am really lack lustre. here is my armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/Intension/advanced I am doing the rotation correctly I think but need advice to make my dps more consistent. here are a few logs. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mt8qmsbd3hpgb9xd/dashboard/?enc=bosses I have a feeling it is to do with trinkets/gear, but would like some other opinions or advice. thanks!

intension

I'm not an expert with reading logs, or raiding in ele, but I do notice on Iron Juggernaut at least, your Flame Shock uptime is only 85.4%. You should  have no trouble maintaining a 100% uptime on FS on a purely single target fight like that.

I'd also make sure to check how many Lava Bursts you could have used in the fight and how many you actually used. Also look for the uptime on Lava Surge and see if it's on average over about 2s - if it is, you need to be using it more quickly.

I'm afraid I'm not an Elemental expert, but hopefully this thread will attract the attention of someone who is :)

#1 immersius trinket in any form. Bindings of Immersius from LFR to Heroic War Forged, any version of that trink that you can get is bis. it adds critical strike bonus damage, so every lava burst gets a nice boost.

#2 legendary meta and cloak. my uptime on the meta proc is usually 35-45% and on some fights its even higher.

at the moment your dps is going to depend on mastery procs during your opening ascendance. once you get 10k more mastery, it gets a lot better, but your gear right now isnt very good. reforging more mastery will make your dps even less consisntant, you just have to get more mastery through upgrades. i cant really tell from teh log what your opener is, but it should be:

at 2 on the countdown drop fire ele, 1 prepot, zero cast elemental blast - hero - FS - lavaburst - Stormlash - ascend

except on shaman. focus the girl and target teh guy and spam CL until the dogs die then ascend and lava burst only.

• Like 1

yeah, I had a feeling this was to do with gearing and not having the meta and cape hurts a lot more then 1st thought. I also only have played elemental about 3 weeks tops. so I should use Prismatic Prison of Pride? I mean I got it for resto, but it also has the same bonus as bindings on it. the healer proc just put me off using it. and I will definitely try using ascendance later as you suggested kitsu, as I was using it just after FS, which I realise now is a wasted global casting stormlash while ascended. great advice, thanks a lot guys hopefully I can build on this and get some of the needed BiS going. cheers!